Precious & Stinky

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Precious & Stinky

Postby Akairoslol » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:43 am

Mozen wrote:And on Saurfang, taunting when your debuff falls off isn't useful. You need to taunt when your co-tank gets the debuff. That's yet another twist to the tank switch game.

Untrue to a degree. The Rune of Blood is applied to the other tank as soon as the time on the current Mark of Blood hits zero UNLESS Saurfang is casting A.) Mark of the Fallen Champion or B.) Blood Nova, in which case the reapplication will be delayed for 1-2 seconds
There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that do not.
Akairoslol

Postby Hokahey » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:52 am

Akairoslol wrote:
Mozen wrote:And on Saurfang, taunting when your debuff falls off isn't useful. You need to taunt when your co-tank gets the debuff. That's yet another twist to the tank switch game.

Untrue to a degree. The Rune of Blood is applied to the other tank as soon as the time on the current Mark of Blood hits zero UNLESS Saurfang is casting A.) Mark of the Fallen Champion or B.) Blood Nova, in which case the reapplication will be delayed for 1-2 seconds

Which is a problem I had frequently when I first started tanking that fight. The distinction is important, and there's no good reason *not* to wait until the other tank has the debuff before taunting.

On (b), the safe number of stacks, it probably seems second nature to veterans, but I don't see how a newcomer can have a "feel" for it - Saurfang requires taunt on one; Festergut on eight, etc. I tried to read up on it for the dogs, but the tactics I found - taunt just before decimate - did not work out so well for me the first and so far only time I have been main tank.

As a side note, my regular raid group taunts while Festergut casts his 3rd inhale, which is always 9 stacks. If you wait until he finishes, though, it will be too late.

I've found on most bosses, it doesn't matter terribly much how soon you do the initial taunt switch. You can literally taunt as soon as the other tank gets 1 stack of Mortal Wound, then have him taunt off you when it expires, and vice versa, if you're uncertain how many stacks you're "supposed" to have. The timer of the debuff is the indication of how long you're supposed to let the other guy tank it, in most scenarios.
Hokahey

Postby Mozen » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:23 pm

Yeah, from tanking 10-man Saurfang (regular), I found that most of the time, my debuff will fall off, then he will cast something, and only then put up the debuff on the other tank. So if I taunted whenever my debuff fall off, my co-tank will need to taunt off me again immediately. I.e. my taunt was completely unnecessary and unconstructive, only serving to mess with our tank healers.

The fact is, I'm always waiting for a few seconds without the debuff on me, until I see that debuff go up on my co-tank before I can taunt.
Mozen

Postby econ21 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:33 am

My last encounter with these dogs went better, but I still feel a little vague about their abilities. In particular, after one died, I was left with 9 stacks of a debuff with a green plague like icon which said something like "increases damage taken by 9500". (The other tank had "2500".) It seemed a different debuff from the mortal wound one that requires the taunts and reduces healing (which had a brownish icon). I can't recall if this was from the zombie dog or the disease one, but suspect the debuff was from the zombies as the wiki does not mention any such ability from the dogs themselves; is that right?

It was not a big deal, as we could just let the debuff fall off before making the next pull. But if it is from the zombies, it might explain why I often seemed to die from them on previous runs - a mass of them hitting me for +9500 damage would do it. Presumably the solution is - as was recommended above - to AOE kill the zombies as we go along, to avoid their debuff stacking. My guild's tactic of letting them accumulate and then kiting them after the dog dies would seem a little risky.
econ21

Postby Brutalus » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:58 am

I can't recall if this was from the zombie dog or the disease one, but suspect the debuff was from the zombies as the wiki does not mention any such ability from the dogs themselves; is that right?

Correct, again it's similar to the debuff from Gluth when the zombies hit you.

AoEing them after they spawn is the way to go.
Brutalus

Postby Zonzede » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:20 am

This frakin shirt!
It drops in 10 and 25 the first week the plague wing was available, and none of my guild has seen it again since.
It's even been made a 'DKP item' at my request.
I Want That Shirt!
Zonzede

Postby bldavis » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:59 am

Mozen wrote:Yeah, from tanking 10-man Saurfang (regular), I found that most of the time, my debuff will fall off, then he will cast something, and only then put up the debuff on the other tank. So if I taunted whenever my debuff fall off, my co-tank will need to taunt off me again immediately. I.e. my taunt was completely unnecessary and unconstructive, only serving to mess with our tank healers.

The fact is, I'm always waiting for a few seconds without the debuff on me, until I see that debuff go up on my co-tank before I can taunt.

i always wait until i see my co-tank to get the rune before i tuant, but i always have my finger over my tuant button.
and i keep an eye on my debuffs, and as soon as i see i get it, i slack off on my rotation for a second or 2 just to make sure the other tank get aggro.

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Argali » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:25 pm

I have the shirt.
Argali

Postby bldavis » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:46 pm

Argali wrote:I have the shirt.

i hate you

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Neziah » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:21 pm

I wish it was account bound, I have it on my alt hunter that I won in a pug. ><
Neziah
Maintankadonor

Postby Passionario » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:00 am

Army of the Dead trivializes P&S.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Wrathy » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:45 pm

Passionario wrote:Army of the Dead trivializes P&S.

So does holy wrath
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel