Remove Advertisements

[10] Festergut

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Festergut

Postby Gyute » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:53 pm

Meloree wrote:
The best reason of all: Because you can.

Well played good sir :D
Gyute

Postby glorfindell » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:04 pm

I missed our first 10 man last night (I could have killed that customer that made me stay late). From what I was hearing in vent the enrage timer wasn't remotely an issue (top dps was a ret pally at 7.5-8k), but they were having major issues with tank deaths. In the end they used a cooldown chain on the 245+ Warrior for the entire 3 inhale phase. Apparently the 245 DK got RNG squished a couple of times with 2 stacks of inhale, which may have been due to healers getting used to the fight. The DK has been gemming avoidance though, and this may change his mind.

They tried to BoP the stacks off during one attempt, and it didn't work.

Needless to say I was spamming /g with "WTS [Ardent Defender]". :D

From the sounds of it, I would think for most 10 man guilds the tank damage should be pretty non-trivial. I can't wait to try it tonight on 25.
glorfindell

Postby Argali » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:14 pm

I just turned off RF and kept on dpsing. My warrior went zerk stance.
Argali

Postby Lieris » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:46 pm

Yep just remove RF and salv yourself. Tanks can do 4-5K DPS on this fight, no need to bubble off the debuffs.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Gyute » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:39 pm

Yep just remove RF and salv yourself. Tanks can do 4-5K DPS on this fight, no need to bubble off the debuffs.

That is great to hear, I just read that if you have the debuff and continue to attack it refreshes the debuff. Perhaps this was the case on an early ptr build.
Gyute

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:29 pm

spent about two hours trying to two heal it. Was a no go. We did everything right and a tan would explode when he was at three inhales. 20K hits less than 2 seconds apart. Icecrown Radiance my ass.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby UFTimmy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:39 pm

We had no tank healers (two druids, holy priest) so we three healed the fight and beat the timer with about 15 seconds to go. Went very smooth once we switched to three heal it, as we had a problem keeping the tank up at the end with two healers.

I wish I had thought to remove RF and salv, as I spent the time auto attacking and judging to keep up JoL.
UFTimmy

Postby Maddok » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:31 am

Since he puts spores on two people we found it easiest to just call a collapse to melee w/ spores and then have everybody run back out after they exploded. According to my healers (Shaman, druid, druid) this fight was pretty crazy for them with the raid wide damage but very manageable. We had about 30s left on the enrage timer when we downed him.
Maddok

Postby kysu » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:10 am

Had a alt run all the dps was 5k to 5.6k and 3 healed it, I have no idea how close we were to enrage timer but it was a very clean kill.

For the spores just had ranged stack with one melee with another. If if was 2 ranged one would stand with melee while the other would stay ranged. If it was two healer the more mobile healer (druid in our case) would go to the melee.

Then after the spore go spread back out ~8 yards

Overall it wasn't too bad of a fight tanks just need to roll c/d's correctly and healers need to know when to spam and when not to.
kysu

Postby Cheroz » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:15 am

Ok I am a little confused as to where some of these numbers are coming from as to required raid dps. He has 9.5 million health. The timer is 5 mins/300 secs. Lets say you run with three healers (the higher requirement for dps). For arguement sake lets say the tanks do 3k dps (The tanks should be doing a lot more with the stacks on them). SO combined they do 6000 dps * 300= 1.8 million just from the tanks. Leaving 7.7 million for the 5 dps to handle. 7.7 divided by 300 equals 25666.67. Divide that by 5 and you get 5.133 k dps per dpser. If the tanks truely are doing 4-5k that requires you to do even less to down him.

Please correct me if I am wrong somewhere. I have seen several places where 6.4 and over 7k dps are thrown out. I know the one guy said not counting tank dps.....which is pointless because they do dps.
Cheroz

Postby Niinbob » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:38 am

Cheroz wrote:Please correct me if I am wrong somewhere. I have seen several places where 6.4 and over 7k dps are thrown out. I know the one guy said not counting tank dps.....which is pointless because they do dps.

That is the DPS requirement for 25m, with 2 tanks and 6 healers it is about 7300dps required per person
Niinbob

Postby Cheroz » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:42 am

Niinbob wrote:
Cheroz wrote:Please correct me if I am wrong somewhere. I have seen several places where 6.4 and over 7k dps are thrown out. I know the one guy said not counting tank dps.....which is pointless because they do dps.

That is the DPS requirement for 25m, with 2 tanks and 6 healers it is about 7300dps required per person

The 6.4 came from this thread, and sorry should have clarified, read the 7k dps on that other website, which was for 10 mans. Guess the poster was getting 10/25 confused. Thanks, I was a little worried that we might not get it since our raid dps is our weakness, but I feel that we can make the 5.5 - 6k mark no problem. Hitting him tonight for our first real attempts.
Cheroz

Postby Niinbob » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:08 am

We have most dps in the 7 - 8k and we destroyed the enrage timer for 10m (over a min left) but killed him AS he enraged in 25m
Niinbob

Postby Rothes » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:34 am

My guild is mostly in 10 man normal gear and all the dps did at or about 5k. Festergut died with 20 secs left on the enrage.

We had tanks switch at 8 stacks. As soon as 3 inhales started the current tank used their shield wall ability followed by a healer cooldown to get them through that. i.e. shield wall->priest wings the bubble wall->pain suppression. Took a few tries to get the kinks worked out but it wasn't terribly hard.
Rothes - Protection Paladin - Bloodscalp
"When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you."
--Lao Tzu
Rothes

Postby Gyute » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:40 am

Yah, I will clarify my numbers in the original post, but I did include the combat log of the kill :oops:
Gyute

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel