[10] Festergut

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Festergut

Postby Draslin » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:40 am

OK, the last three weeks our regular 10 man was downing him in one shot with two heals.. tonight he seemed a little different.

We were noticing a LOT more vile gas. Maybe he went to Chipotle right before we got to him?

With two heals, we found that healer bandwidth fell apart when one got the gas. We were using a disc priest and resto druid for the fight, with the resto druid standing out with our 3 ranged dps. Every attempt we would have things up and going and BAM the resto druid would eat vile gas and die before the disc could break off tank heals and safe him. It seemed like vile gas was doing 25-30% of his health per second.

Could this be like Saurfang last week? Stuck in hard mode?
Draslin

Postby Belloc » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:11 pm

If you have 3 ranged DPS, there is absolutely no reason to put your healers at ranged. On the 10-man version of the fight, vile gas requires 3 potential ranged targets, otherwise it will hit players at melee range. If you have 3 players at range, anyone inside of melee range will be safe from it.

Keep your healers in melee range. That strategy is what was wiping you.

And Saurfang, last week, was not stuck in hard mode. His blood power gains were adjusted and set too high. Hard mode is not a paltry step up like that was :P
Belloc

Postby Draslin » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:46 pm

Thanks Bell - yeah, I realized that we had no reason to have a healer out in vile gas country yesterday as we were trying it on 25 (we came up 40k rDPS shy on our perfect attempts - time to do some more gearing for our dps). Brainfart on my part, but I guess that's why I put a night #2 on my calendar every week. I opened up extra guild repairs for my team to apologize for the bad strat.
Draslin

Postby Belloc » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:19 pm

I'm glad that the problem is fixed!

As the raid leader in my guild, I know all about bad strats :)
Belloc

Postby Splattage » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:35 pm

Splattage wrote:EDIT: Confirmed : BoP will NOT remove bloat stacks : Solo tanking probably not going to work

More specific maths, since I am a solo tank whore who wants to do this:
Festergut10 : 9,412,000 HP
Solo tank till 9 stacks, Bubble it off, Tank till 9 more stacks ->
180 seconds ( plus maybe a few more seconds wiggle room if you are lucky )
raid dps effective required just shy of 53k, with :
1 tank @ 3k dps
2 heals [AoE and later big tank hits, I cant figure a solo heal plan]
7 dps @ 7k - gets the job done

now I just have to convince RL to let me try it some time. Might have to farm him a little more the boring way before people get interested in trying wacky stuff.
Splattage : My job is simple : Take every boss hit : Don't Die : the rest is up to you
Splattage

Postby Belloc » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:08 pm

I solo-tank this fight every week -- it's really not that bad. Of course, we are a 25-man guild. Either way, if you are confident in your DPS, this fight is easily solo-tankable.
Belloc

Previous

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel