[10] Rotface

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Rotface

Postby Arcand » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:04 am

Kelaan wrote:
kanst wrote:I just go in a circle and use freedom if I have to run through the slime puddle

And, as your freedom wears off and you find yourself about tohit another puddle, do you just keep going through it and eat the damage+slow?

You can often tell when this is about to happen - slime ahead of you, and beyond that the pipes are starting to spurt green.
Grit your teeth and bubble wall.
Arcand

Postby Tebin » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:36 am

don't know if anyone's still having trouble here, but i am!

our dps die all the time, they just can't get their slimes to merge with the big guy. has anyone else had this trouble? if so, how did you fix it?
Tebin

Postby Bido » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:26 am

Tonight we'll make our second attempt at rotface. After 20 tries last week we were just frustrated because of no progression at the end :-(

When I read the guides here, I'm convinced that our strategy was not completely wrong. It seemed to be just some kind of fine-tuning.

Today we'll try to decurse the infection as soon as possible to make healing easier. I hope that this doesn't make any problems at the end of the fight because of the many parallel infections.

I'm kiting the big oozes and have a little question about getting the infection: How do I get my little ooze merging with the big one? Currently I cast divine protection and go to the big ooze. Is there an easier way to do so?
Bido

Postby Splattage » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:20 am

Root the little ooze ahead of the kite path for the big ooze.
Best way to do it regardless of who got infected.
Splattage : My job is simple : Take every boss hit : Don't Die : the rest is up to you
Splattage

Postby Ocin » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:21 pm

We got him down to about 3% on our best attempt. I'd have to say that changing direction when kiting oozes away from the big puddles makes some sense. Sure, as a tank you can get through it, but I watched on a few attempts DPS or healers dying by being in the ooze too long. I'm not convinced running through puddles is the best way just yet, so I"m going to be kiting back and forth when I can and not always in the same direction.

Also, I read on the Righteous Defense blog that using Seal of Righteousness is the best seal to use because of the threat boost it gives while we kite oozes. It seemed to work, but last night was my first night as kite tank, so I have no point of reference.
Ocin

Postby Bido » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:52 pm

Seal of Righteosness is a good idea :) from time to time a healer got aggro while I were jumping through a big puddle.

Today was not a good day ;) lack of coordination + DPS. just for my orientation:
how much DPS have the raid to do to kill him? Or rather how long can the healer keep the whole raid alive? I estimate that after approx. 3:30 minutes it is uncontrollable any more and rotface must be down to at least 20%. Is this realistic?
Bido

Postby Caerus » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:17 pm

Bido wrote:Today was not a good day ;) lack of coordination + DPS. just for my orientation:
how much DPS have the raid to do to kill him? Or rather how long can the healer keep the whole raid alive? I estimate that after approx. 3:30 minutes it is uncontrollable any more and rotface must be down to at least 20%. Is this realistic?

Our last kill (WoL report) was 4:23, with a raid dps of around 28k. In this particular run we had two new people who were underperforming and it did get a bit chaotic towards the end.
Caerus

Postby Threatco » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:05 pm

My pug groups had this as a brick wall for 2 weeks.

Then I went with my guilds core group, face rolled it.

Next week my PuG got him down on the 5th try. (at least 5/10 never seen the fight before)

Biggest asset is having a pro kiting tank who has no problem grabbing multiple big oozes.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:33 pm

I kite on all my tanks, even my warrior (which is kind of terrible). As soon as the big ooze shows up I pour about 40k threat into it, and start running. I got 400 throwing skill during this fight >_<

You have 2-3 GCDs to build a big threat lead on the big ooze so you don't have to worry about healers or a stray glyphed maul pulling the ooze off you. Take a few seconds to build that buffer right at the start, and it'll make things considerably easier on you.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Meloree » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:26 pm

And if your holy paladins, like mine, make a habit of running with RF up for the damage reduction, I suggest asking them nicely to turn it off.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Annadin » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:32 am

Bido wrote:just for my orientation:

Our first kill was 6:30 :D

3 healers (Disco priest, tree and shaman), me tanking/cleansing and our Dk kiting/chaining the oozes.

There was so much running around after about 3:30-4:00 mins (even with ultra-well-practised Ooze-merging paths) that our raid dps dropped massively but dang were we resilient! It was a thing of great beauty.

As RL I try to keep advice down to a bare minimum once people have the mechanics worked out, and focus on one or two mantras: our mantra for this one is "don't panic".

Well, that and zoom your minimap to the shape of the room and be ready to head for the little red orbiting dot. (Gnomes are really hard to spot until they have a massive dark ooze chasing them and DBM had a habit of screwing our markings up :D)
Wittysigplaceholdertext.txt

Main: Annadin, Paladin
Spare Tankadin: Panadoll, Paladin
Other Alts: Jaybee, Priest - Samiam, Rogue - Shamiam, Shaman
Guild: Cotton Candy of Shadowsong Europe
Youtube: Channel
Annadin

Postby Bido » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:26 pm

Annadin wrote:Our first kill was 6:30 :D

3 healers (Disco priest, tree and shaman), me tanking/cleansing and our Dk kiting/chaining the oozes.

There was so much running around after about 3:30-4:00 mins (even with ultra-well-practised Ooze-merging paths) that our raid dps dropped massively but dang were we resilient! It was a thing of great beauty.

As RL I try to keep advice down to a bare minimum once people have the mechanics worked out, and focus on one or two mantras: our mantra for this one is "don't panic".

Well, that and zoom your minimap to the shape of the room and be ready to head for the little red orbiting dot. (Gnomes are really hard to spot until they have a massive dark ooze chasing them and DBM had a habit of screwing our markings up :D)

How many raid member were alive at 6:30? :-) Thats really a very long time. I realize that at the end I should be aware of more big ooze and keep better threat with the hints above. Next week we will get him :twisted:
Bido

Postby schizoidcowboy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:37 pm

Please answer to this, my guild is getting me MAD about this, they say that is possible to do without Bloodlust (yeah we have only a shammy in guild at this moment, that sucks), we spent 3 hours this evening trying to do this without it but our best try was with 1.8m left, and they are always say that it's only a problem of coordination but i dont think that is the right point of the situation.
schizoidcowboy

Postby Neara » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:49 pm

Not having a shamy would suck big time for sure, but of course it's possibly without one.
Neara

Postby Bido » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:55 pm

hmm, I think it's difficult to analyse your problem without any details.
when, where and why you are dying?

I think there is a lack of damage if everyone is alive at about 3:30 minutes and you don't fail at 2% HP.

Of course bloodlust is helpful but not necessary.
Bido

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel