Remove Advertisements

[10] Rotface

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Rotface

Postby Niinbob » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:28 pm

I would mangle/maul the first add to get my 50% slow from infected wounds on it and the person could run away from it and avoid getting hit. I am assuming stuns would work too tho I didn't try to bash it (good idea).
Niinbob

Postby Shathus » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:37 pm

Niinbob wrote:I would mangle/maul the first add to get my 50% slow from infected wounds on it and the person could run away from it and avoid getting hit. I am assuming stuns would work too tho I didn't try to bash it (good idea).

Wrathy had mentioned (here or the 25m thread) that Judgement of Justice works to slow the big adds, so if the above is true, may work on the little ones as well. I definitely couldn't HoJ of the Big Ooze, it was immune if I remember correctly, but again not sure about the little ones
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Wrathy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:00 pm

Shathus wrote:
Niinbob wrote:I would mangle/maul the first add to get my 50% slow from infected wounds on it and the person could run away from it and avoid getting hit. I am assuming stuns would work too tho I didn't try to bash it (good idea).

Wrathy had mentioned (here or the 25m thread) that Judgement of Justice works to slow the big adds, so if the above is true, may work on the little ones as well. I definitely couldn't HoJ of the Big Ooze, it was immune if I remember correctly, but again not sure about the little ones

After our 10 mans, and a few others suggesting similar findings, JoJ does not slow them any more, they seem to be slower than 100% already. With that being said, AS works to create the gap, then just judge for 8 yards out and keep going. I will also agree that they are immune to hammer. I did not get hit a single time from the first two oozes on our 10 man kill, you can create more than enough distance between you and the mob to kite with out problems.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Kihra » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:04 pm

I wonder if running through the flood will be impossible on hard mode. I kited on both 10 and 25 on this fight, and basically once or twice per fight I'd end up with a flood in front of me. I'd just freedom and run through it. The kiting would have gotten a bit trickier if I'd had to avoid the flood.
Kihra

Postby Nekkos » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:40 pm

Wrathy wrote:
Shathus wrote:

After our 10 mans, and a few others suggesting similar findings, JoJ does not slow them any more, they seem to be slower than 100% already. With that being said, AS works to create the gap, then just judge for 8 yards out and keep going. I will also agree that they are immune to hammer. I did not get hit a single time from the first two oozes on our 10 man kill, you can create more than enough distance between you and the mob to kite with out problems.

Yeah. You have enough room to cast exorcisms at them even.In fact, it felt like we were able to gain so much ground on them that at times they would cut corners and move closer to the group in the middle.

As an aside: http://worldofraids.com/wow-blue-tracke ... erfed.html
Nekkos

Postby Shathus » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:06 pm

Looks like Rotface's health was nerfed by 15% on 10 man.

The changes made to Rotface were an effort to fix a bug that fell through the cracks in development and testing. The previous iteration of Rotface in 10 player difficulty used (and still uses) the same timer as the 25 player difficulty version when dispersing its Mutated Infection ability.

What this means, plainly, is that a disproportionate number of people were being put out of the fight near the 30% mark in 10 player (by a large percentage) versus 25 player, making the entire fight much more difficult than intended.

Obviously if you severely outgeared the fight, none of this mattered to you. The HP change will have no effect on your 10 player clears. You will, in fact, still kill Rotface.

The 25 player version of Rotface remains unchanged.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Gyute » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:05 am

Im thinking our servers were not fixed for 10 man. :lol: We cannot for the life of us get past the 20-30 percent mark on this encounter.....

28 wipes and counting most at about the 25% mark.

Perhaps there is a mechanic that we are missing at this point but the slimes just get TOTALLY out of control at this point. It is really smooth sailing until the second explosion and this is where we are about that mark.

There has got to be something we are doing wrong.....
Gyute

Postby Passionario » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:58 am

Meloree wrote:
Wrathy wrote:
Flex wrote:Little oozes spawn with 500,000 threat on their target, makes the first one annoying as hell.

Frost mage. Ewwwwwww.

Isn't that still like carrying a BM hunter? Or a subtlety rogue?

Nah, they got a pretty significant boost in 3.3. Arcane is still better, of course, but the gap is more narrow now.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Chicken » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:17 am

Nekkos wrote:
Wrathy wrote:
Shathus wrote:Wrathy had mentioned (here or the 25m thread) that Judgement of Justice works to slow the big adds, so if the above is true, may work on the little ones as well. I definitely couldn't HoJ of the Big Ooze, it was immune if I remember correctly, but again not sure about the little ones

Yeah. You have enough room to cast exorcisms at them even.In fact, it felt like we were able to gain so much ground on them that at times they would cut corners and move closer to the group in the middle.
Kiting these slimes is probably the only valid use of moving backwards during an encounter. Anyway, while you can cast Exorcism and such on the slimes, it should also be noted that you can actually just stop bothering generating threat on them once you're at 30-40k threat. That's more than plenty to stay ahead of the healers until the slime blows up.
Chicken

Postby Zalaria » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:20 am

Chicken wrote:
Nekkos wrote:
Wrathy wrote:After our 10 mans, and a few others suggesting similar findings, JoJ does not slow them any more, they seem to be slower than 100% already. With that being said, AS works to create the gap, then just judge for 8 yards out and keep going. I will also agree that they are immune to hammer. I did not get hit a single time from the first two oozes on our 10 man kill, you can create more than enough distance between you and the mob to kite with out problems.

Kiting these slimes is probably the only valid use of moving backwards during an encounter. Anyway, while you can cast Exorcism and such on the slimes, it should also be noted that you can actually just stop bothering generating threat on them once you're at 30-40k threat. That's more than plenty to stay ahead of the healers until the slime blows up.

Our kiter was complaining last night about threat resetting on the big ooze whenever it merged with a small. When he wasn't paying really close attention the ooze would start wandering toward a healer or the rotface tank (not sure why that tank, but it definitely was). Did you see that?
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Senador » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:30 am

It seems, that when two Big Oozes merge is when the threat issue happens. What occurs here is that the newer Big Ooze (With little threat) tends to absorb the older one, and thats what accounts for the threat loss.
Senador

Postby Chicken » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:03 am

Senador wrote:It seems, that when two Big Oozes merge is when the threat issue happens. What occurs here is that the newer Big Ooze (With little threat) tends to absorb the older one, and thats what accounts for the threat loss.
That is indeed the issue, if it's just little oozes merging into a big ooze threat is retained, but if two big oozes merge together, you get the threat table of one of the two. In the latter parts of the fight, when the ooze spawn rate becomes a good bit higher, it's not too unlikely it happens that two small oozes get merged together into a big ooze just before they can merge with the already existing big ooze, and if you're unlucky it'll use the aggro table of the new one.

If you use mouseover macros or a click-casting mod so you can just keep the big ooze targeted it's pretty clear when that happens though, as you'll notice you lose your current target if it's a "fresh" big ooze.

It's another reason I'd recommend to stop building threat after you're on 30-40k, it means you have all your abilities ready to grab an ooze with a fresh threat table.
Chicken

Postby fudomyou » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:16 am

Question that isn't related to tanking this encounter: how did your hunters fare on this? The range requirement meant they were often in the way of the kite, did they just run to the first slime zone and stay there and eat ooze damage, or...?
Last edited by fudomyou on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby honorshammer » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:23 am

Gyute wrote:Im thinking our servers were not fixed for 10 man. :lol: We cannot for the life of us get past the 20-30 percent mark on this encounter.....

28 wipes and counting most at about the 25% mark.

It's because their solution doesn't fix the bug. He's still bugged to start dropping Mutating Infection at the 25 man rate in 10 mans. All they did was lower his HP pool so less groups will see the bug, but the bug is still there. Basically, Rotface now has a soft enrage time, but on 10 man only. I'd like to see this get fixed, not band-aided.
honorshammer

Postby Flex » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:27 am

honorshammer wrote:It's because their solution doesn't fix the bug. He's still bugged to start dropping Mutating Infection at the 25 man rate in 10 mans. All they did was lower his HP pool so less groups will see the bug, but the bug is still there. Basically, Rotface now has a soft enrage time, but on 10 man only. I'd like to see this get fixed, not band-aided.

Agreed.

This si a "fix" to a bug that doesn't actually address the bug, just makes you spend less time in the bugged region.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel