Remove Advertisements

[10] Putricide

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Putricide

Postby Folstar » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:01 pm

Do you have points in divinity and they do not?
Folstar

Postby Belloc » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:27 am

Folstar wrote:Do you have points in divinity and they do not?

Nope, I don't take Divinity.
Belloc

Postby Treck » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:55 am

That should not affect JoL anyway. And that is way more than 5% differance + if anyone has divinity, its most likely the holypally if not both.
I cant think of much that would cause it tbh, maybe it was on full health and the rest was overhealing?
You would have to show the logs to make thisone out i think.
Im not sure theres a "cap" in the healing it can produce that depends on the paladins own health, it would explain the differance, but im not sure thats the case, im pretty sure theres a cap for how much it can heal, but i doubt its tied with the paladins HP.
Treck

Postby kovaras » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:48 am

Sharing our green side kill video (hd). With tutorial + visible DPS meter (not that impressive).

2 tanks
2 healers
4 ranges
2 melees
0 casualty

Fails included:
- 12 x Goo hit =] (only 1 goo didn't hit anyone)
- Ooze at phase 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu4UgwvVirk
kovaras

Postby Mozen » Wed May 05, 2010 9:18 pm

frenzy20 wrote:For the Mutated Abomination:
Slowing the oozes as soon as they spawn is your first priority but the ability has a very large range so you don't have to move to use it. This makes your purpose for most of the fight spamming Eat Ooze.

Not really, you want to slow the ooze only after or as it finishes it's cast. Oozes will appear, then start a rather long cast, and only after the cast, target and start moving. You do not want to slow the ooze as it appears. Get a feel for it so that you slow it the instant before it starts moving.

Plus, the Abom tank should always keep Putricide focused and get a feel for the raid dps on when you change phases. It really looks bad on you if you slow it, and then you enter the stun and have no more energy to slow it again after recovery from the stun.

There is plenty, and I mean plenty of time after you finish eating the puddles, to wander over to the now spawn ooze that's still doing its cast, for you to start spamming 3 and wait for it to choose a target, at which time you immediately hit the snare. With the 15% buff now, sometimes we finish off the ooze so fast I have nothing else to do but go spam attack Putricide.

And also, you will always have enough energy for at least one snare per ooze. Unless maybe two puddles overlap and you drink both up at the same time while only getting energy from one. Drink them up asap, and you'll find that you always have time to do significant DPS on the oozes. If your raid dps is good on oozes, you'll get a few more swings on Putricide before the next set of puddles spawn.

Just for reference, I managed over 4k dps over the duration of that fight as Abomination tank. (With 15% buff, though.)
Mozen

Postby Belloc » Thu May 06, 2010 10:15 am

The abomination can be buffed. Definitely give it kings and might for some extra damage (Abom can easily do over 10k).

Also, regarding the above post, the stun should never come immediately after an add spawns. If the add isn't going to be dead by the end of the stun, you don't push over into that phase -- period. The 15% buff makes this less of an issue, but, unless you've killed the boss plenty of times, transitioning with an add up, particularly in the last phase, is very poor play that can easily wipe you. Learn not to do it.
Belloc

Postby inthedrops » Thu May 06, 2010 2:27 pm

DEFIENTELY don't transition badly! ^^

Our magic numbers have always been 83% and 38%. Easy to remember numbers since they are just reversed :)
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Thu May 06, 2010 3:43 pm

Ooh, good one there :P

Yeah, I always see him cast Tear Gas at 81% and 36%, so it's definitely a good idea to stop at least 2% before that.

It's usually fine to tell one or two predetermined DPS (typically casters) to switch when the add is at 30% or 50%, depending on how fast it goes down. If the add is at 30%, odds are that it will die before the stun goes off.
Belloc

Postby Sylvara » Fri May 07, 2010 7:40 pm

For the groups which were having trouble trying the green side strategy, make sure your abomination is still applying his slowing DoT to the slime when it spawns (and melee attack if available).

The slowing goo has a huge damage over time component and if you mouseover people's damage done for the fight where you can see damage done to an individual target, you'll find that the OT's abomination often has done more DPS to the oozes and gas clouds than your top DPS in the raid.

So even though you're not planning to kite the green ooze when tanking on green side, still have OT drop the slowing poison on it as soon as it spawns and it should die a lot faster :D
Sylvara

Previous

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel