Remove Advertisements

[10] Putricide

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Putricide

Postby Noliquin » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:38 am

Reporting back on the green strat...

Yeah fail... Lol We did just like I posted. But the Ooze seemed to well explode at least 3 times...

I want to say for the most part we have really good dps! festergut on 10 man we kill with a min left to enrage... we do dreamwalker in a little more then 4 mins... We are a good group of players... But those ooze just weren't dieing...

I get the idea behind the strat, as the abom I'd love for this to work as I would have A LOT more downtime... But we just can't seem to get the dps to kill the add...

SO I know ask what kind of dps in a 10 man is required for this strat to work??
Noliquin

Postby Avengeance » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:19 am

Green strat is more melee friendly - so if you have more than 3 melee dps in your group it'd work better. When I do it on 10heroic on my caster group we just tank it away from the next spawn add, obviously casters are better off with the add taking his time coming to his target.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Seca » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:04 am

We tried green-side, and it didn't really work for us. Probably because we re-jig the raid to maximize the number of range dps. (In 10 last week that meant our usual prot pally ended up healing in largely Naxx gear :roll:. Our shaman out-healed him nearly 3:1 - he's got big shoulders :).)

So what we do is tank Putricide up by the bench. This gives max range on both spawns with minimal movement.
Seca

Postby frsty13 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:18 pm

So my 10 man was getting a weird problem the last couple weeks. Every now and then, at the start of the fight, PP will only spawn 1 slime pool. We hold it together long enough that we're certain it isn't just spawning too close to the wall to see at first or anything. My first guess is that the abom is somehow catching it in mid-air and it never forms. Has anyone else had this problem?
frsty13

Postby Argali » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:52 am

frsty13 wrote:So my 10 man was getting a weird problem the last couple weeks. Every now and then, at the start of the fight, PP will only spawn 1 slime pool. We hold it together long enough that we're certain it isn't just spawning too close to the wall to see at first or anything. My first guess is that the abom is somehow catching it in mid-air and it never forms. Has anyone else had this problem?

It happens once in a while. But, the thing is, slowing the green ooze is optional(he always spawns the green one first), as long as your healers can handle it, and people pile on it for the explosion.
Argali

Postby frsty13 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:58 am

They can, however our dps is kinda really lacking (and insisting that they get as far from the ooze when it spawns instead of blowing it up while it's casting the debuff >.<). No slow means the ooze hits 2-3 times instead of just 1 with this group, so I'm just making sure there isnt anything I can do outside the norm to mitigate the situation.
Last edited by frsty13 on Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
frsty13

Postby Flex » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:12 am

We did this last night for the first time after trying a few different strats. The Green side start didn't work for us so we did a strategy of everyone just living on the orange side and kiting the orange ooze away. I tanked Putricide on the circle using the "corners" as movement areas for bottle bombs.

One thing that seemed to work really well for us, and I'm sure most people know by now, was having the DPS to push him into phase 2 before the first orange ooze as this allowed a really long phase of just DPSing the boss.

The first time we got him to Phase 3 with everyone in the raid alive we downed him.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Draslin » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:06 pm

We've been successfully one-shotting this boss for a couple weeks now in 10's.

Generally, we only have a couple melee dps in our run, but this strat has been win.

Before the fight starts, mark a ranged DPS who pays attention. We use moon, just because. Tell your DPS to stay near moon during all phases of the fight.

Your most skilled tank at picking up adds/calling stuff/doing things other than 969'ing the boss should be in the abomination. Your main tank for this boss should pull him to the middle of the room.

As slime pools spawn, have your main tank drag putricide to melee range of the puddles. The 3rd ability on the abomination bar (the smashy ability) is OFF the global cooldown. This means that your abomination can smash putricide while still eating slime. Just have him get to the middle of the puddle so he can drink and mash 1 and 3 as much as possible. I'm not sure if they abomination scales with gear, but with a 5777 gearscore and using quel'delar (1h rogue sword version), I am doing about 6k dps to the boss at all times. It's VERY valuable.

This tank also needs to pay attention to the nozzles. When the nozzles start dripping, have him call "get ready for x slime" right before the slime spawns, I tell my dps to switch to it, so they're looking for it before it gets there.

In the case of green slime, have ALL of your ranged dps stack on Moon BEFORE dpsing it. This guarantees a night, tight stack unless it chooses the melee dps as its target. In that case, moon and the stack will move to the targeted healer or melee dps, who continues to either dps the boss. Don't pull your melee off the boss unless the moon stack is fairly close or the green slime will cross his path. For orange slime, have the target kite it and ranged kill it.

If he's at ~45% and there's a slime coming in the next 20 seconds, have dps stop. The most wipetastic part of this fight is getting a slime and phase 3 at the same time. Keep an eye on it - I've missed this call once or twice and we've wiped because of it.

By moving him around to slime puddles, your DPS will be moving around a lot. If they can get the rotface mechanics down, they can do this.

Once you get into phase 3, it's a straight up burn fest. Establish a kiting pattern around the outside of the room and have your tanks zoom out so they can see slime puddles behind them. The first tank should take it to 4 stacks, then the second tank can take it from there. If it gets to 5 stacks, your dps is probably not high enough to beat the burn.

Once you have the abomination moving to puddles, and the boss moving to near the puddles, the DPS part of phase 1 and 2 becomes kind of trivial. You will smash him down quick to phase 3. If your dps isn't listening to stack commands, replace them with dps who does - fights from this point forward require more attention and discipline from your dps, not less.

Hope this helps!

Draslin
Draslin

Postby Melathys » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:07 pm

the guy we having doing the abom cant keep his abom alive, and we can't for the life of us figure out what is going on. Every strat and vid we watch, there is no problem with the abom dieing.... halp.
Melathys

Postby chinoquezada » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:14 pm

Melathys wrote:the guy we having doing the abom cant keep his abom alive, and we can't for the life of us figure out what is going on. Every strat and vid we watch, there is no problem with the abom dieing.... halp.

Heal your abom?
chinoquezada

Postby Argali » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:33 pm

Abom does need some healing, but so far, is just have hots thrown on it.
Argali

Postby Belloc » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:19 pm

The best way to keep the abomination up is...

Judgement of Light 318589 50.6 %

Side note: Can anyone explain why my judgement of light is healing the abomination for considerably more than our holy paladin's?
[22:26:03.425] Belloc Judgement of Light Mutated Abomination +8820
[22:26:05.421] Krucible Judgement of Light Mutated Abomination +5966
Belloc

Postby Chicken » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:08 pm

Belloc wrote:The best way to keep the abomination up is...

Judgement of Light 318589 50.6 %

Side note: Can anyone explain why my judgement of light is healing the abomination for considerably more than our holy paladin's?
[22:26:03.425] Belloc Judgement of Light Mutated Abomination +8820
[22:26:05.421] Krucible Judgement of Light Mutated Abomination +5966
I think there's some an unlisted cap on how much it can heal based on the casting paladin's max health, so as to not make it very strong healing if not dispelled when used on someone's tank on one of the city leaders.
Chicken

Postby ydraw » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:30 pm

Judgement of light heals you for a % of your maximum health. Since the abom has like 1 million health Im guessing that's why.
ydraw

Postby Belloc » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:09 pm

ydraw wrote:Judgement of light heals you for a % of your maximum health. Since the abom has like 1 million health Im guessing that's why.

JoL is supposed to heal 2% of max health. My JoL was healing for more than our holy paladin's JoL. That's the discrepancy I was curious about, just in case you missed it.
Belloc

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel