[10] Putricide

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Putricide

Postby Chicken » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:19 am

Scrawn wrote:
Belloc wrote:Perhaps this has changed since the PTR... but if you eat an ooze pool too fast, can't you use run over to the ooze valve and use that to get some extra ooze?

Any more info on what this is about?
It's something that's been changed since it's original implementation.
Chicken

Postby Scrawn » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:38 am

Chicken wrote:
Scrawn wrote:
Belloc wrote:Perhaps this has changed since the PTR... but if you eat an ooze pool too fast, can't you use run over to the ooze valve and use that to get some extra ooze?

Any more info on what this is about?
It's something that's been changed since it's original implementation.

Thank you. We will be going for it tonight. Weve heard interesting things about Mage invisibility, Rogue Vanish and Invis pots to bypass the stun, will be checking it out, I will let you guys know how it goes.
I'm not sure if you're aware, but math is, in fact, not voodoo magic, and you can't invalidate the
mathematical formulae the game is based on with your nonsense anecdotes
Scrawn

Postby Robbert » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:03 pm

For the OT/Abom driver is it possible to set up a macro to cast the slow effect on the Volatile Ooze and Gas Cloud while keeping the Professor targeted? I have never tried setting up macros for use while in a vehicle (and the Abom is apparently treated as a vehicle). Might simplify this role a little.
Robbert

Postby Taeron » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:02 pm

We killed him tonight, 4 attempts left. We don't have an uber dps, more like slightly above average and just had to polish P3 in the end.

We made sure that before engaging P3, the ooze was killed. Didn't mind the slime pools much but on our successful kill we had 0 slime pools and no ooze at the time of the stun.

P3 we hit heroism, all out dps, moved him around as suggested. After 4 debuffs I taunted off our druid tank and when I hit 4 debuffs we had him at around 150.000 hp. So it was do or die. When I hit 5 stacks the druid taunted back (better to hit a tank with 4) and popped trinkets that gave extra avoidance.

We both used 2 dodge trinkets for this and when he died we had 4 dead.

Good luck!

P.S.
We didn't use any tricks to escape the stuns.
Taeron

Postby Threatco » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:48 pm

What is the best comp for this fight?

Any classes in specific (do we need nature resist?)

Melee or ranged better?

2 or 3 heal it?
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Avengeance » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:24 pm

You dont really need a particular setup as long as all your DPSers are awake and switch targets fast. I'd recommend 2 healers because there really isnt much to heal (We are probably gonna 1 tank 1 healer it some time for fun).

Although having a few ranged is probably more advantageous, at least for P3, because careless melee will end up with -75% hit buff most of the time, not to mention you want to get teh malleble goo out of melee range, so you need ranged to attract it.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby fafhrd » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:52 pm

Lieris wrote:Forgive his awful UI and music (well the main music is okay, but that ending...), this is a very clean kill though! P3 probably started a little early (we had an ooze and slime puddles up) but it worked out fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl95qcSmlQA

Wow, very nice, grats on the ranking :D

(his music choice was awesome btw)
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Noliquin » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:12 am

I've noticed some posted on the other thread about a strat which you only stay on the "green" side having melee and a healer or two stacked up...

I wanted to know if I have this strat right, and has anyone in 10 man done it and it work?

So you have at least 4 ranged members in range to allow the bounce oozes to pick them, not the melee... You Kite the orange "gas Cloud" like normal, but you stay on the green side allowing the ooze puddles to stay on one side allowing you Abom less moving and more DPS upkeep and when the green ooze spawn you just heal through the first explotion, and keep dpsing the add until it's killed.

Is this correct?? and has it worked for anyone?
Noliquin

Postby Pala » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:40 am

My 10 man group just killed him last Monday using the "stay on the green side" strategy. We are also using it on 25. I was the Abomination and as long as you suck up the ooze until the 1 button is dark then it should never get away from you. I usually had one pool for 80% Tear Gas and one pool at 35% phase 3. It is nice that the 3 attack is off the GCD so you can spam it with the 1 if the Professor or oozes are nearby.

The green ooze usually picked a ranged/healer and the brown ooze is kited like normal. It seems to be a very easy way to do the fight. We were testing out replacements for our team so other than our normal hunter at 6-7k dps the rest had about 4k. They executed really well though and the first two phases were great. The third phase sucked with the low dps and it was just me and two priest angels at the end when we killed him.
[Palatinus] & [Kury] - Earthen Ring US
Pala
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:34 am

Noliquin wrote:I've noticed some posted on the other thread about a strat which you only stay on the "green" side having melee and a healer or two stacked up...

I wanted to know if I have this strat right, and has anyone in 10 man done it and it work?

So you have at least 4 ranged members in range to allow the bounce oozes to pick them, not the melee... You Kite the orange "gas Cloud" like normal, but you stay on the green side allowing the ooze puddles to stay on one side allowing you Abom less moving and more DPS upkeep and when the green ooze spawn you just heal through the first explotion, and keep dpsing the add until it's killed.

Is this correct?? and has it worked for anyone?

You've got it pretty much right. You don't need 4 people at range (only 3), but that's still fine.

Basically, the strategy relies on keeping enough people in melee range of the green ooze to allow it to explode immediately (usually) without doing any terrible damage to those affected. This allows melee to instantly switch to the slime, resulting in higher DPS and a faster, more controlled kill. The more people you have stacked up, the less damage done to each individual. If you have too few people stacked up, someone will die.

It works extremely well on 10 and 25. In fact, I've never seen anyone say that it didn't work for them.
Belloc

Postby cds4850 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:56 am

Belloc wrote:It works extremely well on 10 and 25. In fact, I've never seen anyone say that it didn't work for them.

I've always wondered about how the knock back ability of the green slime impacts melee DPS uptime for the green-side-stack strategy.
cds4850

Postby bzzt » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:13 am

cds4850 wrote:
Belloc wrote:It works extremely well on 10 and 25. In fact, I've never seen anyone say that it didn't work for them.

I've always wondered about how the knock back ability of the green slime impacts melee DPS uptime for the green-side-stack strategy.

In general melee actually pick up damage using the green side stack b/c of incidental cleave/aoe damage and the elimination of the initial run to the ooze. That and most groups I've tried alternating sides with don't actually avoid the green blowing up once anyway (whereas it's quite rare for the green to blow up more than once stacking on the side unless it wasn't slowed initially).
bzzt

Postby Splattage » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:24 pm

Reporting on the results of trying the tank on the green side strat.
We 1 shot it last week and three shot it this week ( first two times had an orange up as we went into phase three - damn hots ticked him into phase 3 )
Boss was tanked next to the green spawn spot and moved only when cannisters dropped.
In the time it takes the green to cast it's fixate, we had it below 50%.
By the time it exploded ( and it always got 1 explosion off ) we had it below 20%.
Before it finished casting the second fixate we had it down.
Melee dps was almost double previous attempts.
Always got to phase three.

Having a green or orange add up as phase three starts pretty much spells wipe.

I was driving the abom and figured out that you pretty much have to have all the ooze puddles up before phase three starts. It got real close at the end both kills with us not having a whole lot of room to keep kiting around, but we got him down both times with 4 stacks on each tank.

That one strat change took us from progression to farm status on putricide in 2 days.

ymmv - always wear your seatbelt.
Splattage : My job is simple : Take every boss hit : Don't Die : the rest is up to you
Splattage

Postby Noliquin » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:24 am

Thank you yall very much. I had read both threads, but wasn't able to really find anything to described the green side strat in full detail. And I wanted to make sure I had it right before we attempted it.

I said for 4 people at ranged because I saw that the "bouncing" ooze wont target melee unless there isn't 3 people at ranged so I said a rule of thumb have 4 just incase one of the ranged it too close or is kiting and is too close and melee get WTFowned...
Noliquin

Postby Draslin » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:03 pm

We finally got him to phase 3 last night in record time. We decided to try a new strat, which has worked well so far.

My dps is pretty consistent and average - between 4.5k and 6k. We used 6 dps, two heals and two tanks.

I positioned the DPS between the door and the circle in the middle of the room. The main tank (I offtanked) ran up, and pulled putricide back.

By positioning our ranged here, they were able to easily see and switch between the two adds as they spawned.

During phase 2 our main tank moved the boss either to the left or right side when bombs dropped, keeping him in range of the melee.

We hit phase 3 with an orange slime freshly spawned, which proceeded to blow us up, but this strat i think is going to work when we have more time to play with him (we got that third phase wipe right before adds respawned, so I called raids for the night, it had been a long run all the way from marrowgar in).

With a few more attempts we'll have him down. Switching quickly to adds is a constant problem for us, so I've assigned someone to call the slimes out on vent for ranged to switch, then melee.
Draslin

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel