Remove Advertisements

[10] Putricide

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Putricide

Postby Nekkos » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:35 am

Threatco wrote:Anyone know if the Aboms stats scale based on gear (like all other fighting vehicles now?)

If they hit like a truck, should you put your most geared person in their to do awesome X awesome damage?

Or put your least geared player in there, or does it matter?

Even if they did, the Abom isn't doing damage all of the time (eating slime) and so you would be wasting damage.
Nekkos

Postby Vandril » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:01 am

Threatco wrote:Anyone know if the Aboms stats scale based on gear (like all other fighting vehicles now?)

If they hit like a truck, should you put your most geared person in their to do awesome X awesome damage?

You will need two tanks in phase 3, but only one in phase 1 & 2, so put in your OT. Even if the Abomination scales with gear, you will be busy with eating and slowing.

edit: yeah, too late. Stupid multitab browsing at work
Vandril
Maintankadonor

Postby Aubade » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:00 am

Or you can put a DPS in it and have your OT (If it's a warrior) just running around debuffing targets. Idk how efficent this would be in 10M but seemed to work fine for us in 25M. Phase 1 and 2 aren't a DPS check whatsoever, it's only phase 3 that is an issue.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby pfunkmort » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:04 am

Rhiannon wrote:
Morendin wrote:Also probably need to be ready to call off DPS if he has too much slime up, the pools continue to grow during the stun, and it seems pretty easy to lose control and have the total amount of slime in the room growing faster than the 1 abom you're allowed can drink it

Are you saying that he spawns new slime pools at a fixed percent of his hp? It'd be useful to know if events like spawning slime pools, spawning new adds, were based on time into the fight or % of health, though if the latter* that would make the fight extremely controllable (the only burn phase is the last 35% afaik) which seems odd.

Edit: meant latter, not former

No. The spawn ooze puddle thing actually is time based and even has a timer in DBM. It doesn't sync up with how much energy you'll need if you eat them right away and don't let them grow, and when the adds spawn. This ISN'T to say sit there and let them grow. even 2 or 3 seconds letting them grow and you are likely to get overwhelmed. But, it's a very thin edge between letting a puddle grow, having enough ooze power to slow the adds when they spawn, and keeping the puddles under control. I'd personally not let the puddles grow for more than 1 second or so, but no confirmation yet on what constitutes a "tick" of puddle growth...or for how much it grows. if anyone knows that, I'd love to know.
[2.Trade][Alessan]: Is WoW becoming an online kart racer in 4.0.3?
[2.Trade][Tehron]: Yes
pfunkmort

Postby Belloc » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 am

pfunkmort wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:
Morendin wrote:Also probably need to be ready to call off DPS if he has too much slime up, the pools continue to grow during the stun, and it seems pretty easy to lose control and have the total amount of slime in the room growing faster than the 1 abom you're allowed can drink it

Are you saying that he spawns new slime pools at a fixed percent of his hp? It'd be useful to know if events like spawning slime pools, spawning new adds, were based on time into the fight or % of health, though if the latter* that would make the fight extremely controllable (the only burn phase is the last 35% afaik) which seems odd.

Edit: meant latter, not former

No. The spawn ooze puddle thing actually is time based and even has a timer in DBM. It doesn't sync up with how much energy you'll need if you eat them right away and don't let them grow, and when the adds spawn. This ISN'T to say sit there and let them grow. even 2 or 3 seconds letting them grow and you are likely to get overwhelmed. But, it's a very thin edge between letting a puddle grow, having enough ooze power to slow the adds when they spawn, and keeping the puddles under control. I'd personally not let the puddles grow for more than 1 second or so, but no confirmation yet on what constitutes a "tick" of puddle growth...or for how much it grows. if anyone knows that, I'd love to know.

Perhaps this has changed since the PTR... but if you eat an ooze pool too fast, can't you use run over to the ooze valve and use that to get some extra ooze?
Belloc

Postby Shoju » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:33 am

Here is hoping I guess. I've been the resident accumulated Strats guy for the guild, compiling info and strats on our forums so that we can discuss things, and I have compiled and edited down what you fine folks have wrote and will be using it for the base of our attempts.
Shoju

Postby Heni » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:04 am

I don't know if they scale, but as a tank in tank gear I was able to get all slimes up and still be the top dps on the fight while using the abom to dps while all slime pools were already taken care of. So I really doubt it would be that effective to use a dps to control it.

The key was as you change between slime pulls try to keep your debuff up on the boss and always on the adds. Makes the fight go way quicker with the debuff on the boss.
Heni

Postby Solanthanius » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:36 am

Your abom will take damage from standing in the ooze puddles as you eat them. I'm not sure if there's a way to prevent this damage or not, but it was enough that I wouldn't be able to survive the whole fight.

Rather than having a lot of heals dumped into the abom, about halfway through the fight I would slow a new add, immediately get a cleanse, run to the table and get a fresh abom. It's a little tight on time to get enough energy to slow the next add, but not much more so than the start of the fight when you begin at 0 energy as well.
Solanthanius

Postby Lieris » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:22 pm

I think we got the world first 10 man strict with 5 attempts remaining. I will post something more constructive but for now gonna revel in this! :D
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Kihra » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:23 pm

Lieris wrote:I think we got the world first 10 man strict with 5 attempts remaining. I will post something more constructive but for now gonna revel in this! :D

Grats Lieris! Got a kill video? :)
Kihra

Postby Lieris » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:03 pm

Yep from a DPS DK POV. I will post it here once he's uploaded it to youtube :)

I was the Abomination, getting enough slime energy to debuff the first slime that spawns is a little delicate (you need to let one puddle grow a little instead of eating all of it right away) but after that you can eat slime with abandon, you'll always have enough energy to debuff. Go around meleeing oozes if no slime pools are up after you've debuffed them, you can do some okay DPS on them. Don't bother spending slime energy on sundering Putricide, if you're not careful you won't have the energy to debuff slimes.

Phase 3 is very similar to Vashj, kite around the edges of the screen starting at 12 o clock (his table), and you'll probably kill him by the time you reach 6 o clock.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Lieris » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:46 am

Forgive his awful UI and music (well the main music is okay, but that ending...), this is a very clean kill though! P3 probably started a little early (we had an ooze and slime puddles up) but it worked out fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl95qcSmlQA
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:52 pm

Lieris wrote:Yep from a DPS DK POV. I will post it here once he's uploaded it to youtube :)

I was the Abomination, getting enough slime energy to debuff the first slime that spawns is a little delicate (you need to let one puddle grow a little instead of eating all of it right away) but after that you can eat slime with abandon, you'll always have enough energy to debuff. Go around meleeing oozes if no slime pools are up after you've debuffed them, you can do some okay DPS on them. Don't bother spending slime energy on sundering Putricide, if you're not careful you won't have the energy to debuff slimes.

Phase 3 is very similar to Vashj, kite around the edges of the screen starting at 12 o clock (his table), and you'll probably kill him by the time you reach 6 o clock.
Sundering Putricide uses 0 slime energy. The only attack that uses slime energy is the slow.
Belloc

Postby Scrawn » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:21 am

Belloc wrote:Perhaps this has changed since the PTR... but if you eat an ooze pool too fast, can't you use run over to the ooze valve and use that to get some extra ooze?

Any more info on what this is about?
I'm not sure if you're aware, but math is, in fact, not voodoo magic, and you can't invalidate the
mathematical formulae the game is based on with your nonsense anecdotes
Scrawn

Postby Rhiannon » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:20 am

Belloc wrote:
Lieris wrote:Don't bother spending slime energy on sundering Putricide, if you're not careful you won't have the energy to debuff slimes.
Sundering Putricide uses 0 slime energy. The only attack that uses slime energy is the slow.

Furthermore, not spamming the debuff whenever possible is a massive waste of potential DPS, even though it doesn't stack with sunders or expose. On 25 man the debuff hits for ~10k and has a 1 second GCD. For example: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rsp7 ... 065&e=2559 (I'm in abom)
Rhiannon

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel