Remove Advertisements

[10] Putricide

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Putricide

Postby Meloree » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:45 pm

I really enjoyed this fight. We had the offtank be a mutated abomination, and it's probably the most important job of the fight. The abomination has to eat slime patches, and slow the gas clouds and volatile oozes that spawn. It's important for the abomination to not completely eat every patch that spawns, otherwise he might run out of energy when he needs it. That was the cause of one wipe for us.

The strategy we settled on was to start underneath the orange orb, as volatile ooze spawns first. When the ooze spawned, range started dpsing it, melee stayed on the boss until the ooze picked a target, at which point they (and I) switched to dps it. Range moved to the chosen target before continuing to dps.

As soon as the volatile ooze died, we moved under the green orb, as the next spawn is a gas cloud (it alternates). Gas clouds, only range dpsed, you don't want to get close to them. Whoever was chosen would kite, while range finished it off.

At 80% (roughly when the first ooze spawns), Putricide runs to his workbench, stunning the raid. I didn't see him actually DO anything there, but it's worth being aware of. If you can get dots on the ooze before he runs to the bench, they'll continue to tick. The abomination needs to be aware of the timing, so he doesn't waste a slow on the ooze.

At 35%, Oozes and clouds stop spawning, Putricide runs to the bench, and mutates. He gains a 50% damage, 50% attack speed buff. He also stacks a debuff on the tank. We didn't figure out exactly how it works (Mutating Plague, it's called), but we taunt-swapped at 4 stacks, as the higher it got, the more raid damage there was. This is also the appropriate time to burn heroism. We kited him around the outside edge of the room, while ranged stayed closer to the centre, in a concentric circle arrangement. By the end, the room was fairly full on slime, the dps check for P3 didn't seem to be trivial at all, although that might have just been us using a fairly brute-force strat.

Also, he throws around bouncing ooze things. Ranged needs to avoid being hit, they do damage (minimal), and add a casting/runspeed debuff (bad, if you have to kite).

In my opinion, by far the best fight in ICC so far.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Re: [10] Putricide

Postby Threatco » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:15 am

So you only kite him around the room during his frenzy phase?

During the first part just alternate tanking him under green orb then orange orb?
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Meloree » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:21 am

That's what we did. I don't know if it's optimal.

This was a surprisingly hard fight in 10-man, considering we're in 258 gear, so I'm thinking we were doing something wrong.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby bfraz71 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:14 am

During P2 and P3 he also drops Choking gas bombs that give a hit debuff and explode after a couple of seconds.

From what we observed, Mutated Plague gets stacked on the current tank about every 10 seconds, resetting the timer to 1 minute each time, with each stack increasing the raid damage by 250% (3 second pulsed AoE damage with unlimited range). The damage was ~200/tick at 1 stack and hit ~7800/tick at 5 stacks. Also, if one of the tanks dies, Putricide is healed for 100,000 * the number of stacks on the target.

The only difference between our strat and what Meloree described is that during the first 2 phases, I kited Putricide next to our Abom off tank as he cleaned up the slime pools so that he could keep the 20% physical damage buff up. The biggest key to this fight we found was controlling the phase transitions so no adds or slime pools carried over (the slime pools will continue to grow while everybody is stunned).
bfraz71
Maintankadonor

Postby pfunkmort » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:14 am

I think your strat is pretty dead on. My attempts on 10 man ended up using that basic positioning, and it was stable through the various spawn phases. I think the only thing I would add is while you want to leave some ooze puddles around the room to maintain abom ooze power, make sure you keep them low...don't let them grow - especially as you get closer to the 35% soft enrage...and also, make sure to completely kill any that are in a position where your raid is operating (any puddles that spawn under a spigot or between them) as otherwise, for that last 35%, you'll start to run out of room. Everything else is dead on.
[2.Trade][Alessan]: Is WoW becoming an online kart racer in 4.0.3?
[2.Trade][Tehron]: Yes
pfunkmort

Postby Morendin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:51 am

We couldn't figure out exactly how Mutating Infection works either, just that it killed the *hell* out of our raid by about 7 stacks, since I interpreted the tooltip as "tank needs CDs" on our one clean P3 attempt and we ran out of attempts before getting another.

What we did find is that the Abom's debuff appears to be nothing more than Sunder Armor. "reduces resistance to physical attacks by 4% stacking to 5 stacks/20% reduction" sounds awfully familiar, and while I wasn't really watching debuffs, our Abom player reported that it did not stack with Sunder.

we also lost an attempt to said player draining pools as fast as possible, resulting in too little <resource> to slow a slime, resulting in it gibbing the crap out of the raid. OTOH, we also lost multiple attempts to slime getting out of control and filling the room, there's a LOT of pressure in 10man on the Abom player to manage slime just right.

Didn't wipe to this, really, but the Abom should also be mindful of 80/35%, the last thing you want is to apply the slow right as Putricide stuns the room for 10-15 seconds and wastes the entire duration. Also probably need to be ready to call off DPS if he has too much slime up, the pools continue to grow during the stun, and it seems pretty easy to lose control and have the total amount of slime in the room growing faster than the 1 abom you're allowed can drink it
Morendin

Postby bfraz71 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:50 am

One of our hunters said Trueshot Aura kept getting removed during the tear gas (the spell that stuns the raid between phases). Looking through the logs, it looks like paladin auras and Prayer of Shadow Protection were removed as well - not sure if that's intended or just a bug. Mutated Plague is supposedly shadow damage, so losing Shadow Protection makes that tougher than it should be.
bfraz71
Maintankadonor

Postby Meloree » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:03 pm

bfraz71 wrote:One of our hunters said Trueshot Aura kept getting removed during the tear gas (the spell that stuns the raid between phases). Looking through the logs, it looks like paladin auras and Prayer of Shadow Protection were removed as well - not sure if that's intended or just a bug. Mutated Plague is supposedly shadow damage, so losing Shadow Protection makes that tougher than it should be.

Okay, I thought that was just me being a crackhead with auras somehow, I was putting Devo back up over and over. That's worth knowing, though, for next time.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Rhiannon » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:24 pm

Morendin wrote:Also probably need to be ready to call off DPS if he has too much slime up, the pools continue to grow during the stun, and it seems pretty easy to lose control and have the total amount of slime in the room growing faster than the 1 abom you're allowed can drink it

Are you saying that he spawns new slime pools at a fixed percent of his hp? It'd be useful to know if events like spawning slime pools, spawning new adds, were based on time into the fight or % of health, though if the latter* that would make the fight extremely controllable (the only burn phase is the last 35% afaik) which seems odd.

Edit: meant latter, not former
Last edited by Rhiannon on Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhiannon

Postby Meloree » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:29 pm

Ooze/Cloud spawns are definitely not percent health based.

I watched Deux Vox's 10-man video, and they brought him to 80% significantly slower than we did (they might have been using 3 healers). We hit 80% JUST after the first ooze spawned, DPS would sometimes get a dot or two off, and sometimes not. Deus Vox didn't push him over until the 2nd ooze spawned.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Rhiannon » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:41 pm

I'm thinking more about the pools of slime on the floor that you have to hoover up - are those time based as well? Morendin's post suggested they were health based.
Rhiannon

Postby Lieris » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:53 pm

I am going to be on Abom duty for this. Once P3 starts does the Abom controller become normal again?
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Nekkos » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:32 pm

It looked like any other "vehicle" in that you can click to get out of it.
Nekkos

Postby frenzy20 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:15 am

Did 10 man Putricide tonight on my main and well geared alt(with other geared guild alts).

Putricide goes over to his table(triggering the next phase) at 80% and 35%. Phase 1 is just growing ooze puddles on the ground, green ooze, and brown ooze. Phase 2 adds gas bombs(bottles on the ground that increase chance to miss and do damage) and malleable ooze(bouncing ooze that he throws, slowing players in its path). Phase 3 cancels the Mutated Abomination and starts the soft enrage already discussed, oozes also stop spawning from pipes.
Oozes, both the puddle on the ground and the ones that spawn from pipes, are timer based. The timers appear to stop when he is changing phases, however, the puddles continue to grow. You want to avoid going into P3 with an ooze up.

For the Mutated Abomination:
Slowing the oozes as soon as they spawn is your first priority but the ability has a very large range so you don't have to move to use it. This makes your purpose for most of the fight spamming Eat Ooze.

This might be a bug, but the leave vehicle button does not work. The Mutated Abomination debuff is a disease that can be cleansed. Make sure you do not get cleansed; if your raid calls a wipe, try to get a cleanse because it takes a while to die.

You hit like a truck. Try to position yourself so that you can eat ooze and cleave/melee at the same time. We had the boss positioned nearby when possible.

Oozes do not seem to target the Mutated Abomination, not 100% sure on this.

You need 50 resources to use your slow. If you eat the first pools of ooze too fast you will not have enough to slow the first green ooze that spawns, so let the pools sit for a few seconds before you start eating them. This will not be an issue the rest of the fight as long as you don't spam slow(there is no need to, the debuff lasts 20 seconds).

Finally, I want to stress the importance of eating ooze. This is your job the entire time. Unless you are running between ooze it should be on cooldown the entire time. It is possible to get ooze back under control if you push the next phase with a pool or two up.
Nagu - Shattered Hand(US) - Main
Xiin - Shattered Hand(US) - Old Main
frenzy20

Postby Threatco » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:21 am

Anyone know if the Aboms stats scale based on gear (like all other fighting vehicles now?)

If they hit like a truck, should you put your most geared person in their to do awesome X awesome damage?

Or put your least geared player in there, or does it matter?
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel