Remove Advertisements

[25] Rotface

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Rotface

Postby Senador » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:01 pm

After a little bit of messing around with finesse on where to deposit the little oozes, we just dropped all pretense of proness and said "Run to the big ooze; directly to the big ooze, and stand in it until you're cleansed".

This is eventually what we settled on. Because if we told them to go to the offtank, they either ran off, apparently trying to get into Festerguts room, or hugged the offtank to the point the add almost never hit the slime. It essentially became "Stand on a slime if its up, or the offtank if its not" which again resulted in a ton of questions to the point I just micromanaged the whole damn thing...
Senador

Postby theckhd » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:04 pm

Meloree wrote:Seal Righteousness for bigger judgements. Exorcism when you get well clear. AS when the cooldown is up. All you need to do is stay ahead of the healers, unless your shadowpriests are trying to hax the dps meters with multidotting (never trust a priest - they'll try it).

Mouseover cleanse directly on the person, rather than grid, when they run into position. A nameplate mod like Aloft will allow you to have friendly nameplates up, as well as enemy, if that helps.

Leave the hunter on the boss, imo.

I was already using SoR for the double seal procs. I didn't have time to stop to use exorcism, really. However, I think I know what went wrong on my end last night:

1) I don't use player nameplates, and don't have a mouseover macro for cleansing (I always used grid). A mouseover macro would save me a little time since I wouldn't have to look at grid at all.

2) I'm trying to do way too much this fight. If I'm just kiting, aggro isn't an issue at all. The time I lost aggro, I was kiting, cleansing the infections, trying to avoid the slime pools, yelling at "the infected" for not being in the right place, yelling at them for not running to the right position, yelling at them for running to the opposite end of the room instead of to me (I literally had this conversation once - player: I couldn't find you." Theck: "I'm over here by the GIANT GODDAMN OOZE."), and trying to figure out whether the Rotface tank had disconnected again (3 or 4 of our attempts this happened). Oh, and all of this without having had more than about 4 hours of sleep a night all week thanks to post-game strategy discussions and mucking around on alts.

I may have to look into Aloft, I hate adding even more addons to my load-out, but the real problem is just dividing my attention. I need the players to start doing their jobs so I can focus on the kiting and cleansing portion and not giving out instructions. I had several cases where I cleansed someone and they ran straight back to the raid, taking the ooze with them.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Senador » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:27 pm

I'm trying to do way too much this fight.

This, holy god this…

This was by far the biggest issue I had, as I was toying with Ooze mechanics, kiting, figuring out ways to build threat, cleansing, watching the infected, calling explosions, and trying to see why people would randomly die, and then calling out who the new slimes agro’d on if their initial target died.

This went on for about 3 attempts before I pretty much just delegated every single other role to other officers/players except kiting and calling explosions. And when they bitched about having to do more than DPS the boss, I told them they could shut the hell up or they could kite the god damn ooze.

I also had several times where people just couldn’t find me for whatever reason. Raid marks were annoying at first, because any time I got a debuff it would strip the mark on my head, so I eventually just macro’d it so that when I essentially did ANYTHING it would refresh the damn mark on my head…
Senador

Postby Meloree » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:36 pm

Personal resposibility fights: The Raid Leader's Worst Nightmare.

There isn't a lot to be said, though, people need to find the ooze and run to it. That's it. If they fail, there will be problems. There isn't really a crutch for it.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Steve » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:00 pm

This fight would be even better with a soul charge mechanic.
Steve

Postby Kihra » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:11 pm

We 1-shot this guy on 25. What worked really well for me was to put on 4pc T9, pop Divine Protection right off the bat and just tank the ooze for 10 seconds. After those 10 seconds are up, you will have aggro on that ooze all the way until it explodes without doing anything else. It really reduces what you have to think about while kiting, because you don't have to keep judging the slime or throwing out Avenger's Shield. It frees you up to just watch where you're running, where your raid members are running and to do cleansing.

Also, if your raid messes up and causes a surprise second ooze to form (grrrr), you'll have your AS and Judgement ready to get some threat on it (enough so that you have time to merge it in with your original ooze).

Because you only have 90 seconds cooldown on your DP, by the time the second ooze comes up, you'll have it available again and can repeat.
Kihra

Postby Shathus » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:30 pm

Senador wrote: And when they bitched about having to do more than DPS the boss, I told them they could shut the hell up or they could kite the god damn ooze.

For 'fun' to try something new when we were having issues, we swapped some specs around, and had a Warlock try to kite the ooze for one attempt. Needless to say, he eventually got crit for like 50k or something and that idea was quickly scrapped :twisted:
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Lash » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:00 pm

Quick question. When Mutated Infection is cleansed and the add spawns, is somebody else infected straight away or is it a few secs after? It looked like it was straight away as we had a few attempts with multiple dispellers and adds were going everywhere...
Lash

Postby Meloree » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:01 pm

Lash wrote:Quick question. When Mutated Infection is cleansed and the add spawns, is somebody else infected straight away or is it a few secs after? It looked like it was straight away as we had a few attempts with multiple dispellers and adds were going everywhere...

It speeds up as the encounter goes on. It was about 22 seconds apart to start with, and about 6 seconds apart at the end.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Fenris » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:34 pm

:roll:

One full evening of wipes has left me with a few notes for the future..

1)Never tell your healers that you'll cleanse alone to avoid things spawning in the raid.When at 5% you have 6 people infected at the same time and ask for help,they'll just ignore you >.<
2)Fade on a loose small ooze/ice block/feign/whatever instead of kiting them to you is something dps/healers find funny to do
3)"Bring the oozes togherter" is translated on the player dictionary as "keep them 1y too far"
4)"In front of the ooze" translates as "Behind the ooze"

Wipes at 2% thanks to a combo of the points above are fun :|
Last edited by Fenris on Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Vlad » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:34 pm

for the very first ooz we didn't have anyone run away from there little ozzling, just stand there and take it. Its hits are very small and it didn't bother the healers when there was only one of them.

The only problem I had was when I got stuck between rock and a hard place (i.e kiting slime and a slime pool appears in front of me)
Reading these forums it seems running through the pool is the correct choice? I did this a few times but kept getting told not to on vent, and whenever I'd turn around to take it back the other way I'd either take it to close to the raid or get to close my self and get 2 shot.

Was keeping aggro with AS, JoJ, taunt at start and the occasional conc on ground.

Best we got was 9% and unfortunately had to call it 10minutes short then because an officer had to go. Can't continue that progression until next week.
Vlad

Postby Nekkos » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:54 pm

I got to dps this for the first time (main spec Ret) after ooze kiting in 10m and I have to say, no dps has any right to complain. DPS'ing, dodging the blatantly obvious slime spray, and dropping small oozes on the large ones are all complete jokes.
Nekkos

Postby Threatco » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:07 pm

My guilds main group got this down. I lead the 2nd group. Out paladin tank kiter also ran through the ooze.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Vlad » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:19 pm

An interesting question just got asked me which I didn't know the answer to and it does sort of change weather or not this fight is a dps race as well as a control fight or just a control fight.

Is the slime spawn timer controlled by his health, or time?

EDIT: On another note when did people Bloodlust. Our GM had us BL after 10seconds which was always when the first person got slime you'd see a BL.
Vlad

Postby Nekkos » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:50 pm

Vlad wrote:An interesting question just got asked me which I didn't know the answer to and it does sort of change weather or not this fight is a dps race as well as a control fight or just a control fight.

Is the slime spawn timer controlled by his health, or time?

EDIT: On another note when did people Bloodlust. Our GM had us BL after 10seconds which was always when the first person got slime you'd see a BL.

We were wondering this as well in our raid. Obviously if it's time based then you'll want to BL early and if it's hp based then you will want to save it for the end. We operated under the assumption that it was hp based and so we hit it at around 25-30% (though we did fall a bit short bc some people didn't handle their slimes well).
Nekkos

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel