[25] Rotface

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Rotface

Postby Camaris » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:49 am

Meloree wrote:I'm pretty certain the big oozes don't even move at 100% to begin with. I'll grant that warrior is probably the worst possible choice for kiting, but I don't think there's any real difference between paladin/druid/dk for it. Freedom works in slime pools, best bet for the OT is to just keep kiting, and not put the raid at risk.

Agreed. Yeah, big oozes move wicked slow. The slime pools slowed me down enough to make me stop back pedaling, but I wasn't slowed down enough to worry about freedom. I saved that for the infected who had to meet me in the slime for an ooze deposit. The slime pools did so little dmg that it was worth it for me to run through them rather than letting the raid take the dmg.
Camaris

Postby Steve » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:09 am

Well, having the raid eat the large ooze aura is probably not an option.

The choice would be between kiting the ooze through the pool or moving the boss away from the pool to give your kiter more room to kite along the outside edge of the pool.
Steve

Postby Threatco » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:30 pm

So what is the avoidable raid damage? I haven't done the fight yet so here is my speculation from what I have read. Pls correct me if I am wrong.

1) Boss targets a random raid member and does a frontal cone for survivable damage (like icehowl). Raid can go to other side of boss to avoid it since it has a cast time. (some raids ignore this ability and just heal through it rather then complicate the strat by avoiding it)

2) Big ooze has an aura (5/10/15/20 yards wide?). Off tank must keep ooze away from raid. Since the ooze hits too hard, it must be kited. If taking hits are nessacary to establish aggro, a CD should be used

3) Slime version of General Vezax Shadow Crash. People must look up and dodge these slow flying green nerfballs that are thrown at them. They leave slime pool about 5 yards in diameter that slows and does small amounts of damage. (Does the impact of these hit for much or cause a debuff other then slow?)

4) Random raid members get infected with a disese, which when it wears off or is cleansed spawns a small untauntable slime. Who ever has aggo on this slime must kite it to the big slime so it can be abosrbed by the big slime. (usualy the person who spawned it gets aggro, but there are reports of healers/cleansers or others getting aggro). How close does the small slime need to be to the big slime to be absorbed? (5y/10y/15y/20y yards?)

5) Massive Ooze pools spawn and despawn and take up the sides of the room, decreasing the area you have to work with.

6) When a big ooze hits 5 stacks he will explode at a randomly targeted raid member. This has a cast timer. At the END of the cast the location of his AoE is fixed. The target and anyone in the Area of Effect (a large 10y/15y/25y? yard radius from where the target was at the end of the cast) must move away. This ability does very high damage. The AoE hit (5s/10s/15s?) seconds after the big ooze finishes casting, and the AoE effect (is instant, lasts 3s/5s/10s seconds?) before you can move back to that area.

That's all I know so far. Any special tricks on the tank like stuns/debuffes or special attacks that no one has mentioned but would cause spike damage?

If your OT sucks, would it be reaosnable to have hunters MD the slime to him on cooldown so he doesent have to spend so much time trying to build aggro?

Thanks!
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Meloree » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:15 pm

1) I wouldn't recommend healing through it.

2) About 10 yards, I think.

3) The impact of each projectile hits for about 10k in an aoe. There's about 8 projectiles from the explosion. It happens when the big ooze hits 5 stacks. Unless you mean the slime-pools that the oozes cast. Those are fairly harmless.

4) About 5 yards. Sometimes it seemed like 20 yards, but last night was really laggy.

5) Yes.

6) He explodes at many randomly targetted raid members. This is the shadow-crash-like mechanic to worry about.

No real spike damage on the tank.

Teach your OT to not suck, your hunters should be on the boss.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:47 pm

Meloree wrote:Teach your OT to not suck, your hunters should be on the boss.

I had one hunter misdirect to me just for safety. I was basically holding aggro with Judgment and AS only, which isn't terribly effective. With the misdirect every 30 seconds, I could focus more on the rest of the job.

Of course, I was also trying to do all the cleansing and directing myself, which is probably not a great idea since I found myself chasing players all over the map to try and bring oozes together. Half of my raid didn't seem to grasp the concept of the fight, it seems.

I'm thinking that when we come back to it tomorrow, I'll have another paladin doing the cleansing so I can focus on kiting and watching the ooze spawns/floods rather than looking at Grid.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Meloree » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:10 am

theckhd wrote:

I had one hunter misdirect to me just for safety. I was basically holding aggro with Judgment and AS only, which isn't terribly effective. With the misdirect every 30 seconds, I could focus more on the rest of the job.

Of course, I was also trying to do all the cleansing and directing myself, which is probably not a great idea since I found myself chasing players all over the map to try and bring oozes together. Half of my raid didn't seem to grasp the concept of the fight, it seems.

I'm thinking that when we come back to it tomorrow, I'll have another paladin doing the cleansing so I can focus on kiting and watching the ooze spawns/floods rather than looking at Grid.

Seal Righteousness for bigger judgements. Exorcism when you get well clear. AS when the cooldown is up. All you need to do is stay ahead of the healers, unless your shadowpriests are trying to hax the dps meters with multidotting (never trust a priest - they'll try it).

Mouseover cleanse directly on the person, rather than grid, when they run into position. A nameplate mod like Aloft will allow you to have friendly nameplates up, as well as enemy, if that helps.

Leave the hunter on the boss, imo.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Kihra » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:27 am

I just popped Divine Protection and tanked the ooze for 10 seconds or so and then ran away. I had plenty of threat on it all the way to the explosion without even having to hit it again.
Kihra

Postby Bertman » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:35 am

going in tonight, will be on add duty.

few questions:

1) At the start of the fight, when only one little ooze is crawling around, you can't grab aggro on it right? what happens then? does the person that spawned it has to kite it? or does he just eat the damage it does?

2) how do you get little ooze 1 and little ooze 2 to form a big ooze?
Bertman

Postby Anorian » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:40 am

Bertman wrote:
1) At the start of the fight, when only one little ooze is crawling around, you can't grab aggro on it right? what happens then? does the person that spawned it has to kite it? or does he just eat the damage it does?

2) how do you get little ooze 1 and little ooze 2 to form a big ooze?

1: He just stands, you can't outrun the adds so just wait until the second spawns.

2: If they are in, what seems to be, 5 yards range of each other they abandon their target and merge. This can take a few seconds which can be fairly annoying. But you don't have to do anything.
Anorian

Postby Alpha » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:45 am

My experience with this, after having done it as OT in the 10 man and the following 25 man raid, is to do it like this:

First one to get the ooze runs to me, I drop consecration, cleanse and the player with the ooze would then use a threat dump ability like fade, feign death or bubble / ice block. This will cause the ooze to focus on me, since they have a huge threat lead there's no way you can catch up with. This is the hardest to deal with and several times I had to use my Hand of Protection on the healers getting it.

Important: If you bubble the healer, have him stay with you, until that ooze has merged with the next. You can safely tank this ooze, hits for around 2k.

Next player who gets ooze, runs to you, once again, you cleanse him when he's standing on top of the ooze - now is the time to kite. Get some quick threat on it and start moving away - doesn't move too fast, just strafe away.

Now it's up to you to keep running, informing on VT where the ooze is (I was calling all on VT for that fight, 'cleansing', 'run to the ooze', 'ooze exploding in 4,3,2,1,0 - MOVE')

Rinse and repeat, have first one threat dump (where they can safely move back), the 2nd and so forth can do that as well, but it's not needed. All you need to do is cleanse (or even the targeted can cleanse / cure himself in front of the ooze) and keep moving. Didn't do hand of freedom, but I did pop some cooldowns and rocketbooted a time, since the ooze hits for ... 30k at 4 stacks, if not more.

EDIT: For the rest of the tact, have melee split in two groups (a long with an equal ammount of healers in each) like on beasts (not the healers!), this will ensure only 1 group will ever get hit by spray). If someone else mentioned it, sorry, I didn't notice, and it's an important thing ;-)

// Alpha
Alpha

Postby kysu » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:22 am

Ye my OT sucks something fierce, I think he died 6 times in a row being dumb.. I ended up having to do it myself. Calling the baddies out to come to me, id cleanse them they would merge it gtfo and get back to their spot.

Honestly I like the fight but having a meh raid makes it unbearably frustrating.

I have AV gyplh'd so between that and the initial Hor I had no problems with keeping threat on them, every once in a while I would catch it trying to run off and another taunt brought it right back to me. And it would stay ~ another 20s without anything else
kysu

Postby Senador » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:17 am

One REALLY important thing I noticed when our healers/DPSers were tunnel visioning and would accidentally spawn a second Big Ooze due to not running out.

If two Big Ooze combine, there seems to be an even chance the new one will merge into the old one (Retaining your threat) or that the old one would merge into the new one (That you have NOT built any real threat on). The latter scenario results in a high stacked Big Ooze running off into the raid when you might have your ranged abilities on cool down. This was by far our biggest kite issue late in the fight when the little oozes spawned more frequently.
Senador

Postby rathe » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:39 am

Senador wrote:This was by far our biggest kite issue late in the fight when the little oozes spawned more frequently.

We had this issue quite a few times as well.

Does anyone have advice for getting the little ones into the big ones as fast as possible? My RL was telling me to slow down or do what I can to get the big and little together, and doesn't want the person dropping the ooze to stand in front of the big ooze.

Does the big ooze do any special abilities besides auras that would hit in front of him? (also besides the spit unless that hits people on its way too.) I wanted the little ones dropped between me and the big ooze to get them picked up.

Edit: Nvm, I read in 10Rotface of some people saying to drop the slimes between them and the big ooze. And thats the way Meloree's guild seemed to do it in the video.
Snake-Aes wrote:Well... sometimes being obnoxious works.
http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Area+52&cn=Bloodrathe&gn=Nidh%C3%B6gg
rathe
Maintankadonor

Postby Kihra » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:27 am

rathe wrote:Does anyone have advice for getting the little ones into the big ones as fast as possible? My RL was telling me to slow down or do what I can to get the big and little together, and doesn't want the person dropping the ooze to stand in front of the big ooze.

What worked really well in my 10 man was to drop the slime in front of the kiter along his kite path.

I always ran along the outside circle and never deviated. If I had to move into a flood, I'd just freedom myself and run right through it. I figured it was better to not turn unpredictably. That way people always knew where I was going to be.
Kihra

Postby bzzt » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:48 am

After a little bit of messing around with finesse on where to deposit the little oozes, we just dropped all pretense of proness and said "Run to the big ooze; directly to the big ooze, and stand in it until you're cleansed". It got rid of (most of) the occurences of multi-big oozes for us and seemed to transition the person back to whatever it was they were supposed to be doing a little quicker than the alternative. We already had a healer dedicated to doing the cleanse, so it really was no add'l effort for him to keep the person up through the big oozes' aura.
bzzt

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel