[25] Rotface

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Rotface

Postby Belloc » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:31 am

A couple real quick things that I should mention:

Make sure your healers are aware that there is going to be increased raid damage for short periods of time. It is easily healable, but it helps to expect it.

Make sure your 3rd tank doesn't sit there eating melee attacks by the big ooze. He should run in, ShoR, HoR, Hand of Reckoning, and be out of there. Judge and shield from distance. At that point, 2nd tank taunts and merges.

3rd tank should use Seal of Righteousness. Vengeance's dot won't stack quickly enough... and if it does, there's always the risk of him pulling aggro back after you taunt.

When you taunt, if you have enough distance on your slime, make sure to Exorcism and/or Avenger's Shield, just to be safe.

I'm sure you don't need all of this, but it came to my mind so I felt like posting it :P
Belloc

Postby warden » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:20 am

And... he's dead. Thanks so much. We were already doing the latter stuff, but the new strat was key. Something we modified slightly, when someone got a little ooze, they took about three steps to the right just out the edge of the group. That made the big oozes spawn on the right side of the group rather than in the dead center, and significantly reduced the raid damage as well. The 1st tank then just grabbed them, finished dragging them out the right side, and moved counter-clockwise, intercepting me, who was kiting the main ooze clockwise, and went back to get another.

At the very end it got a bit crazy (my oozes hadn't merged the last time) and for bit I was kiting and trying to hold threat on 3 different big oozes in a nice little line while the other pally had a 4th, but before anythinng bad happend Rot bit the dirt. Woot!

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:43 am

Grats!
Belloc

Previous

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel