Remove Advertisements

[25] Festergut

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Festergut

Postby Doxa » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:17 am

Threatco wrote:Ok Im scared.

You guys have been clearing TogC 25 with these groups, yet have problems with both raid damage, tank damage, and enrage timer?

Is the average 25 man guild who never had a chance on northrend beasts 25 heroic but got through the first wing of ICC 25 with a bit of eblow grease going to have any hope at this fight?

Our best DPS can do ~7k on a nice stand still burn in full 245 gear. Some do closer to 4.5~.

If a hardcore guild needs 5 healers to do it, we probly need 7.

Am I off track or is this fight looking to be way off scale for normal mode?

Threatco, it sounds like you're in a similar situation as us. I can tell you pretty confidently that you will not kill Festergut. :-(
Tanking Trash on Doxa with Consecration(Rank3) Since 2007, on Doxah with Thunderclap since 2009 and on Doxeh with Death and Decay since 2010

Meanwhile, pulling DPS from fire with life-grip on Enlight and throwing lightning on Pneuma.
Doxa
Maintankadonor

Postby Anorian » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:26 am

Did this one yesterday, and besides some lag issues te fight is tactic wise fairly easy, tank dmg was a surprise though. I am pretty much maxed geared besides Anub HC drops and really had to blow cd's to stay alive, i've seen 35k hits 1 sec after each other which is more than my hp can handle on its own.

We have quite nice dps'ers lowest guys were on 6k and the top rogues both breaking 10k, but the enrage was very tight, think we had 3 seconds spare on the kill.
Anorian

Postby Kihra » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:30 am

Anorian wrote:Did this one yesterday, and besides some lag issues te fight is tactic wise fairly easy, tank dmg was a surprise though. I am pretty much maxed geared besides Anub HC drops and really had to blow cd's to stay alive, i've seen 35k hits 1 sec after each other which is more than my hp can handle on its own.

Yeah I was surprised too. I ended up getting a Pain Suppression before doing Divine Protection to cover the entire 3-stack time period. He hadn't hit me that hard on 10 man, so I wasn't expecting the hits to be so large. :)
Kihra

Postby Aubade » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:43 am

With good raid dps you won't ever get the triple inhale a third time, so we just had first tank pop shield wall -> Bubble/Sac from Holy pally. Then second tank did the same thing, calling out for a GS or PS If needed.

Easy fight is easssssyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby rocket » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:31 am

used melorees strat after trying some other ways, and really the keys are
1) only 10 ranged people. anymore and they inevitably get too close.
2) 1 person calling out spore movement (when necessary)
3) use of 2 chained CDs on 3rd inhaled blight prevented AD pops.

just like all new fights, just getting some reps helps a lot

Thx Meloree!
rocket
Maintankadonor

Postby Alpha » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:52 am

Watch his 'frenzy' - pop cooldowns equally to that (1 stack, don't waste anything)

Use Hand of Sacrifice on the other tank as a cooldown, same with Divine Sacrifice if you can use it along with him blighting (someone might've missed a spore on your first try) and 3 stacks while the other tank is tanking.

Don't taunt before 9 stacks (I blew up all the healers and melee dps... ahem... that said, have your healers stand in melee).

Late heroism seemed to work for us (around 30%), also great with hero / BL when he got 3 frenzy stacks.

Hug up on the spores - COMMUNICATION - who's running in, out, etc., this is the key. With healers at the melee they can heal all the time and the tank won't drop while moving for spores.

// Alpha
Alpha

Postby Radience » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:01 am

If you are having trouble with beating berserk timer. Make sure your healers and ranged dps do not run around for spore debuff after 2nd pungent blight. Because shadow resist debuff won't matter anymore, he will go berserk before 3rd pungent blight. This won't get you 25% more rDPS but it will help some.
Radience

Postby Aubade » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:08 am

Alpha wrote:Watch his 'frenzy' - pop cooldowns equally to that (1 stack, don't waste anything)

Use Hand of Sacrifice on the other tank as a cooldown, same with Divine Sacrifice if you can use it along with him blighting (someone might've missed a spore on your first try) and 3 stacks while the other tank is tanking.

Don't taunt before 9 stacks (I blew up all the healers and melee dps... ahem... that said, have your healers stand in melee).

Late heroism seemed to work for us (around 30%), also great with hero / BL when he got 3 frenzy stacks.

Hug up on the spores - COMMUNICATION - who's running in, out, etc., this is the key. With healers at the melee they can heal all the time and the tank won't drop while moving for spores.

// Alpha

You should probably change your sig. Everyone knows i'm the worlds greatest tankadin.

(You also have the badge trinket that does nothing but inflate your e-peen, you might as well delete your toon.)

In other news, What I found best worked for this was to use trinket On uses (read: Satrina's scarab use and Glyph of indom use.) For 2 stacks, and using the serious cooldowns for third stack.
Having 9 debuffs is fun.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Alpha » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:33 am

Aubade wrote:You should probably change your sig. Everyone knows i'm the worlds greatest tankadin.

(You also have the badge trinket that does nothing but inflate your e-peen, you might as well delete your toon.)

*Makes robot noises* ... O.K.

Aubade wrote:In other news, What I found best worked for this was to use trinket On uses (read: Satrina's scarab use and Glyph of indom use.) For 2 stacks, and using the serious cooldowns for third stack.
Having 9 debuffs is fun.

Agree, but I don't think we need to argue whether that trinket is the best on all fights or whether you use different trinkets for different fights :wink:

// Alpha
Alpha

Postby Java » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:04 am

I am probably one of the best geared palatanks in my server. According to the addon 'gearscore' I am above 5800 rating (it's very common to rate the gear with this addon in my server although it's not the best way to judge a player, but I guess it helps)

We do it with 2 tanks, 5 healers tactic, and my role is the second tank, since it's much harder because once you taunt, it gets the third inhale after a few secs. The first one is a feral druid which is literally banned from the server in the third taunt when the boss gets the 3rd inhale.

The incoming damage is insane. We have thought on a cooldown rotation to handle it but our best try didn't even reach 10% (we have only tried it 5 times). I don't really know how is it possible that some guilds have killed it so easily, unless we are missing something.

Any ideas?
Java

Postby Meloree » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:25 am

Aubade wrote:
Alpha wrote:// Alpha

You should probably change your sig. Everyone knows i'm the worlds greatest tankadin.

It was a nice attempt, with the size, but you couldn't sneak that one past me, you egomaniac.

Everyone knows I'm the worlds greatest tankadin.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Wrathy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:45 am

Meloree wrote:It was a nice attempt, with the size, but you couldn't sneak that one past me, you egomaniac.

Everyone knows I'm the worlds greatest tankadin.

I'll settle for the Court Jester of Tankadins...

I guess I have to clarify, We three shot the boss, It wasn't super hard, I was just surprised at the amount of damage flying around when people were saying that it was ok to wear threat gear. Our kill took 4:17 so we are well under the enrage timer. Honestly I didnt get much time to look at the log before now, but I got to tank both triple inhales so, the damage was spiking at 16k DTPS. That doesn't seem unmanageable for someone who walks into the instance with 57k hp. Maybe it was the lag
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Rojhaz » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:31 am

Steve wrote:
Rojhaz wrote:Type alert

Saving for posterity.

D'oh. Could have sworn it proofread to 'typo'.
Rojhaz

Postby Kihra » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:33 am

Java wrote:The incoming damage is insane. We have thought on a cooldown rotation to handle it but our best try didn't even reach 10% (we have only tried it 5 times). I don't really know how is it possible that some guilds have killed it so easily, unless we are missing something.

Any ideas?

We 2-shot this guy. Basically we wiped the first time because my cooldowns wore off, and I wasn't expecting to need an external one to make it all the way through three stacks. The second time we did it I just called for Pain Suppression right as he was building from two to three stacks. Once Pain Suppression wore off, I did Divine Protection, and that lasted all the way until he inhaled again. We did the same thing with the other tank when Festergut got up to three stacks again.

Basically it seems like it's about 20 seconds or so that you have to survive? You just need one external cooldown plus one of your own cooldowns and you'll be fine.
Kihra

Postby exhume » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:00 pm

Ill be tanking the bosses Fester, Rot both 25 and 10 am I right by going max Health from gear?
They hit pretty dam hard and Ive survived it all (although some spots I barely made it) was wondering if I would be OK dropping healths to get lots more pure avoidance? Or is max effective health the key?

referring to trinkets, gems, chants of course.
exhume

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel