[25] Festergut

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Festergut

Postby Hightin-Uldaman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:33 pm

Commenting on the DPS portion cause I was trying to figure out if my guild (Not a raiding guild) could take this out on 25 man. The only real issue Im having is I cant find the accurate HP number on him though it changed very little so I set it to 39 mil.

EDIT: Got actual HP finally

Tanks: 2
Healers: 5
DPS: 18

Time until enrage 4.95 minutes or 297 seconds
Total raid DPS required to kill (Including tanks) 136,363.64 DPS
Total DPS per DPSer: 7,020.2
Tanks DPS set to 5,000

Same info as above adjusted healers
Healers: 6

Total DPS per DPSer: 7,433.16
Last edited by Hightin-Uldaman on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hightin-Uldaman

Postby bzzt » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:44 pm

For spores, we just went with "don't move if you get a spore" and "move to the spores if you didn't". For double spores in melee (ranged is already spread) they have a reasonable amount of time to work it out for themselves (although his hitbox is large enough that you could pretty easily split the melee into camps and reduce the likelihood of 2 in one camp fairly easily).

The biggest pb we had was definitely the 3 inhale tank damage, but that sorted itself out nicely once the healers moved to the melee camp so they weren't repositioning for spores and folks got more agressive with damage reduction cds. We 5 healed it, but one of our holy pallies managed to die twice on the kill (a fairly impressive feat), so they really ended up 4 healing for bulk of the fight without much trouble (no one even took up the offer for an innervate late in the fight).

Tank damage is definitely high (offensively speaking), I want to say both (bear in tank gear/spec and prot pally) of them were in the 4.9-5.4k range for the longer attempts (where each had some dedicated dps time).
bzzt

Postby Argali » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:17 pm

Concerning damage taken with 3 inhales, I just cycled shield wall and AD. Warrior did shield wall, then last stand, then enraged regen.

Damage was scary, but no deaths. Gear and healing teams factor a lot, I guess.
Argali

Postby Threatco » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:24 pm

Ok Im scared.

You guys have been clearing TogC 25 with these groups, yet have problems with both raid damage, tank damage, and enrage timer?

Is the average 25 man guild who never had a chance on northrend beasts 25 heroic but got through the first wing of ICC 25 with a bit of eblow grease going to have any hope at this fight?

Our best DPS can do ~7k on a nice stand still burn in full 245 gear. Some do closer to 4.5~.

If a hardcore guild needs 5 healers to do it, we probly need 7.

Am I off track or is this fight looking to be way off scale for normal mode?
Last edited by Threatco on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Meloree » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:33 pm

I dunno, we were like 45 seconds ahead of enrage. It'll be more on the next kill, that was the first pull, a few things were pretty tentative. That was with 5 healers. It could probably be 4-healed.

So, yeah, we've been doing ToGC, but we're a solid 20% higher RDPS than is strictly necessary. It's totally doable.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Finkum » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:38 pm

Festergut does feel like a big step up from the first four bosses. My guild only downed heroic NRB in 3.2 and with 2 tanks/6 heals we were around 20k raid DPS short for the enrage (not that we ever got to the enrage, we kept wiping to tank deaths/spore innoculation failure deaths).

Like Decon when Ulduar was first released, I suspect that the enrage will be extended in fairly short order.

I have a question regarding the Vile Gas ability he uses on ranged - does he cast this on 3 separate people at a time, or were our ranged just failing at spreading out? It seemed every attempt whenever Vile Gas went off, at least 3 ranged people would get hit despite many admonitions to spread out and instructions to use DBM's range finder (/range 15) etc etc.
Finkum

Postby Xfighter » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:04 pm

For a guild who's spent time on it for 2 days now, it is a pretty tight fight.

We did the 5 healers, 2 tanks, 18 DPS way.

We can clear up to Anub in ToGC (downing twins typically after 2-3 attempts, never a 1-shot) and haven't even bothered with trying Anub yet.

For us, we can get fester down to 5-15% left by the enrage. Tank damage on our second tank is incredible, as his gear is not amazing (joined us late, and missed out on quite a bit), so when keeping him up works out, we find ourselves low on DPS for the enrage.

@Threatco; if most of your DPS are doing ~4.5-5k, you'll hit the enrage most likely. We have people ranging from 5k-10k, and our best attempt has been 5%.

Not over-tuned perse, but no cake walk for a rather casual-type guild who progresses somewhat slower.

*shrug*

Maybe tomorrow will yield better results, and might give me more to contribute in terms of raid requirements.
Xfighter

Postby Nekkos » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:57 pm

We nailed him right as he enraged. Ok, so maybe a few seconds after. As the timer ticked down and he was at ~1-2% myself and a Hpally bubbled and survived the berserk raid gib as he died to dots.
Last edited by Nekkos on Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nekkos

Postby Xequecal » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:04 pm

Threatco wrote:Ok Im scared.

You guys have been clearing TogC 25 with these groups, yet have problems with both raid damage, tank damage, and enrage timer?

Is the average 25 man guild who never had a chance on northrend beasts 25 heroic but got through the first wing of ICC 25 with a bit of eblow grease going to have any hope at this fight?

Our best DPS can do ~7k on a nice stand still burn in full 245 gear. Some do closer to 4.5~.

If a hardcore guild needs 5 healers to do it, we probly need 7.

Am I off track or is this fight looking to be way off scale for normal mode?

He has 40.5m HP and a 5-min enrage, to beat that you need 135,000 raid DPS, or an average of 7055 DPS per DPS with 5 healers and 2 tanks doing 4000 DPS each. With six healers the average DPS needed is 7471 per DPS.
Xequecal

Postby Dreamcrusher » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:15 pm

For reference, my guild and I killed him today, with maybe 1s before enrage left. I was the second tank, and whenever I wasn't tanking Fester with 3x inhales I used threat sword/ret libram. Our killshot had me at 5.1k dps, but I wasn't pushing with anything special.

Very well-tuned fight. Our first couple attempts were chaotic, then we hit the enrage twice before we got it down. I think we gained 2 million damage by only loosely clumping the range up to the spores, instead of everyone trying to dogpile RIGHT on their designated spot.

Chances are though, that means it'll be nerfed either before or when the next wing opens.
<3
Dreamcrusher

Postby Threatco » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:45 pm

If you can bring enough guns for DPS, is the positioning relatively easily once it's learned?
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby fafhrd » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:58 pm

Yes, the positioning is quite easy. The fight imo sounds a lot more complicated to execute when described than it is. For melee and healers it's just "stand on the boss and spam" for ranged dps it's "spread out, if you see spores go stand next to them for a while then spread out again".
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Aubade » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:03 am

This X100, Easy fight is easy.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby fafhrd » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:35 am

eh, the DPS might not be that easy for guilds with low DPS. The positioning on the other hand should be easy for everyone even with just naxx under their belts.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Doxa » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:02 am

After about 4-5 attempts we settled on 2 tanks, 5 healers and the rest DPS.

Positioning wise we didn't do anything that hasn't already been mentioned (one spore person on melee, 1 person going to the 12'oclock position and one to the 6'oclock position). By the end, I finally just asked people to get 2 spores minimum and 3 of there was one close by that wouldn't cause a significant DPS loss.

Our best attempt left us a good 25% from the enrage timer w/ most of our raiders in 245 gear. Low rDPS has always been a big issue for us. I think we usually do 135k rDPS on normal ToC Twins. :-(

I can definitely see how this is a very tightly tuned fight and frankly, we are not gonna kill him until after it's nerfed (and I'd guess that will probably be next week or the week after). Next week we won't even bother if it hasn't been nerfed by then. To Rotface we'll go instead.

Given my relatively small pool of big deeps I have to choose from I have no idea where I'll get another 30k rDPS.
Tanking Trash on Doxa with Consecration(Rank3) Since 2007, on Doxah with Thunderclap since 2009 and on Doxeh with Death and Decay since 2010

Meanwhile, pulling DPS from fire with life-grip on Enlight and throwing lightning on Pneuma.
Doxa
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel