[25] Festergut

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Festergut

Postby inthedrops » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:32 am

Wrathy wrote:I am wondering if they stealth nerfed this. Last week I was seeing Crits for upwards of 25k, and this week it seemed as though my damage buff wasnt doing anything. WoL parses indicated that I did about 2k less dps than last week and we didnt really swap anything around.

Last night was the first time I actually tanked this on 25 (rotating tanks for gear). I turned off RF after the other tank taunted and went to town. I was not impressed with my damage. Only did like 4.5k for the fight. I checked recount and my highest HotR/ShoR crits were nothing impressive although I regret that I don't recall the actual numbers.

I tanked him second (after first tank got 9). So maybe that's the reason why my damage wasn't high compared to other tanks.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Chicken » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:54 pm

I managed to pull a 5.7k as first tank now. I was always second tank the previous weeks though, so it's hard to compare.
Chicken

Postby Arjuna » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:32 pm

ah, now i know, me and my offtank taunt off at 8...that's one reason where my dps is lower than it could be...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Nekkos » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:04 pm

For those of you whose guilds are dropping this guy in 3:30-4 minutes in, how do you position your ranged dps? Obviously this fight can prove very annoying for them on the outside. Does anybody place a few of them in with the melee instead of a healer or two being in there? For some reference on why I ask, our third kill was our fastest one to date and it took 4:55 (previous two occuring as he berserked and only myself and another Paladin lived via bubbling through as the last 1% ticked away from dots).

Granted, I don't expect a few position swaps to vastly improve our rDPS, but every bit helps.
Nekkos

Postby Meloree » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:23 pm

Nekkos wrote:For those of you whose guilds are dropping this guy in 3:30-4 minutes in, how do you position your ranged dps? Obviously this fight can prove very annoying for them on the outside. Does anybody place a few of them in with the melee instead of a healer or two being in there? For some reference on why I ask, our third kill was our fastest one to date and it took 4:55 (previous two occuring as he berserked and only myself and another Paladin lived via bubbling through as the last 1% ticked away from dots).

Granted, I don't expect a few position swaps to vastly improve our rDPS, but every bit helps.

8 people at ranged, generally dps. Each group of 4 makes a square. for spores, collapse to center of square. Short runs.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Senador » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:46 pm

8 people at ranged, generally dps. Each group of 4 makes a square. for spores, collapse to center of square. Short runs.

Thats exactly how we do it. It gives you a margin of error, in that if one of those 8 die, he won't immediately Vile Gas the melee, the pattern is very easy and it's simple for people to grasp. We had one group to the right of the entrance and the other to the left.
Senador

Postby Nekkos » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Thanks guys.
Nekkos

Postby Carabas » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:59 am

maurok wrote:I was looking to some logs, and I found a pally that did 8k dps on festergut

any idea of how he managed to do it??

I manage to do around 6k dps on Festergut, using only [wowitem]Bloodvenom Blade[/wowitem] as dps gear, but sometimes i have to slow down (even turning off Righteous Fury & using HoS on me when switching) to not pull aggro from feral druid OT (sitting at around 3.5k) :/
Carabas

Postby Milius » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:57 pm

I'm pulling 5.6k On our curruent attempts :d
Milius

Postby Milius » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:07 am

Btw, What's the average RDPS needed to beat the enrage timer? Alt run ftw ;p
Milius

Postby Anorian » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:10 am

Just wear some dps gear, i went with bloodvenom/threatgemmed NBhc shield/darkmooncard. managed 7.4k \o/
Anorian

Postby kysu » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:17 pm

Ive only managed 6.2k in reg tank gear.
kysu

Postby Digren » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:27 pm

Well, after banging our heads on this for more than a month, we got very close last night to knocking him out. Had him at 10% on two separate attempts.

Our issues:
  1. We run with lots of tanks, which hurts us on occasion. We were using three tanks on this with me as an off-spec healer.
  2. We were trying to drop spores on tanks, melee, and ranged, with all ranged collapsing to one spot.
  3. We were running with seven or eight healers depending on the night.
  4. The DPS players just couldn't cut it, with some still in the 4.5-5k range.

Things we improved:
  1. We started with a druid in cat spec/bear gear for phases 1 and 2, with me taunting off before second inhale. She taunted back for the second phases 1 and 2 (just after first exhale), during which I bubbled to clear my stack. She sometimes did, sometimes didn't still have her first stack when she taunted back. The time she did, and it kept going up (to 9) before I taunted back, she put out 8.5k DPS. Thus we effectively are running this with 1 tank. The timing is close; she has to taunt back after second exhale or I'll blow up the raid. Note that this means I cannot use DP; I can use DS/DG but otherwise must rely on healers and paladins for cooldowns.
  2. We switched to one spore under his legs, and two at ranged, so the ranged can spread out more. We parked two people (affliction warlocks) at the collapse points with marks on their heads and their portal things, which let them stand and shoot the entire fight. Melee only had to move if the current tank got a spore.
  3. We dropped to six healers, and are learning to live with this. We're rolling cooldowns during phase four on me to compensate.
  4. We've been working on bringing up our struggling DPS. We have a lot of people that run 10s and 25s, taking incremental upgrades in the 25s to supplement their massive pile of badges and 10 man gear. Other people don't have a 10s (we're a raid alliance, remember) and still wear Ulduar gear because they can't get a break. Some folks asked for and got talent advice. We were up to 6.5k DPS average last night, with up to 12 over 7.5k.

Things we know we can improve:
  1. We had a lot of subs last night. Of course more regular raiders would help. People in badge-only gear don't generate high DPS.
  2. The first time we got to 10%, we were just trying to get a good log to check people's DPS. We stopped moving at all after the first exhale, and so on the second exhale no one had spores and we all wiped.
  3. We did not have a boomkin last night due to some absences and was missing their buffs/debuffs.
  4. At least one of our priests was flat-out drunk after the Canada hockey win and was marginally competent, like blowing cooldowns a whole phase too early.

We'll get this one this week!
Digren

Postby Avengeance » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:13 pm

Cant you drop to 2 tanks? We run 3 tanks in general for IC25, but all of the tanks have offspec DPS.
Try to drop to 5 healers also, its perfectly 5-healable if you have some pro holy palas keeping MTs up (MT needs 1 healer, 2 at 3-stack enrage). The only raid healing you need is really when the tank damage is mimimal (i.e. raid dmg is max), and the occasionally vomitting people that needs separate attention, but a beacon pala + a druid is more than capable to deal with that.

Classes like mage/spriest can not bother going to spores at all, you just pop iceblock/dispersion when Pungent Blight hits, and saves u moving around 3x during 1 phase. Warlocks are well capable of just getting 2 spores and ignore 3rd, again to save running time, use shadowward when pungent blight hits (or if you are demo, soul link is enough to soak the damage). Doing little things like this here and there will improve your raid DPS.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby fafhrd » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:56 pm

How rough is the healing on the first tank? I know lots of people use a feral DPS in bear form to tank first to get him the DPS buff, but can a DPS warrior slap on a shield and tank for a while in defensive stance? My alt's terrible weekly semi pug is still wiping to his enrage. The people in it who do terrible dps still do terrible DPS with better gear, so we might as well get the DPS buff on the people who do good dps.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel