Remove Advertisements

[25] Festergut

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Festergut

Postby Belloc » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:05 pm

Xequecal wrote:Has anyone tried to do the achievement for this on 25-man? It's turning out to be much harder than we thought. Pungent Blight can't be resisted and does 51250 damage, or 25625 damage after 2x inoculated. The first tick of the renewed gas AoE happens immediately though, so it's about 31k damage to the whole raid. Even with divine guardian 24-25k damage is enough to straight-up kill most cloth and leather classes.

Divine sacrifice will drop the initial hit to about 20k (and reduce the next hit by a small amount). If timed properly, the paladin's group should be fine due to the divine sacrifice group effect. Rogues can feint it, reducing the damage by 50%. Mages can iceblock and pallies can bubble. You can arrange for hand of sacrifice and other assorted cooldowns.

For the players that are at a cooldown disadvantage, there are PW: Shields and Shadow Protection Potions.

You'll have to really plan ahead, but you should be able to manage.
Belloc

Postby Neara » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:37 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:3.5 for a warrior who isn't getting hit is pretty good.

is it? i was a bit curious about that and browsed WoL a bit. First Log i found with a warrior tank

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/iuvv ... 100&e=3331
5,7k same as the pally tank
Neara

Postby Arcia » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:58 pm

You might consider swapping a healer; one of our groups 5 healed with one of our healers putting on their lousy ret set when we missed the enrage timer by a few seconds. Twice.

We are already 5 healing it :(

If we could get our warrior to do a bit more if would give us a few more seconds, which would be very helpfull since we are seeing alot of 1% wipes on this encounter.
Arcia

Postby Nekkos » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:34 am

I haven't b*tched about our dps yet this week so here goes. Second time in a row that only myself (Ret) and one of our Hpallies were the only ones left standing as we bubbled through the berserk to secure a kill shortly after. It shouldn't be too much to ask for everyone to be doing at least 6500 dps for a guild comprised of people in a mix of 245, 258, 251, and 264 ilvl gear right? Seeing a few 5ks on the meter really is a downer.
Nekkos

Postby Arjuna » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:10 am

Arcia wrote:How many healers are you using and how are you positioning the raid?
Positioning made all the difference for my guild.

We use 6 healers and have two groups of ranged spread out and collapse on "their" spore. No offspec tanks or healers as dps, just mainspecs...

My theory atm is that some people suck at dps... :(
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby hoho » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:24 am

Belloc wrote:Divine sacrifice will drop the initial hit to about 20k (and reduce the next hit by a small amount). If timed properly, the paladin's group should be fine due to the divine sacrifice group effect. Rogues can feint it, reducing the damage by 50%. Mages can iceblock and pallies can bubble. You can arrange for hand of sacrifice and other assorted cooldowns.
Shadowpriests can use dispersion. I'm already doing that and ignoring all spores. 90% damage reduction > 75% :)

On our last kill we used 5 healers, one prot pala with JoL healed more than resto shaman, two shadowpriests without imp. VE healed for ~1.1k effective HPS each, with imp. VE could be up to 1.8k. I think one more healer could be dropped considering that shaman was that low. Probably it would be doable if we'd replace that holy priest+shaman with disc priest or perhaps resto druid, though I think disc would be saving more lives with bubble spam there.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-x ... 952&e=4159
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Arjuna » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:06 am

what gear are you guys sporting then hoho? full 258/264 or just a mix 245-264?

I need to find out why my guild's dps sucks so bad

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ean0 ... 205&e=8510

We are mainly in 245-251 gear with some 264. (and damn why can't I get over 5k dps? I need to switch out wep/libram next time...)
Arjuna

Postby hoho » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:39 am

Arjuna wrote:what gear are you guys sporting then hoho? full 258/264 or just a mix 245-264?
Guild killed twins on heroic quite long ago but hasn't killed anub yet. We stopped doing totgc25 after 3.3. I'd say we are around two thirds of totc25 normal/totgc10 and other totgc25/icc10/icc25 geared. Elitistgroup puts majority of people in our raids around 245-255 gear level. Wowheroes puts majority of people around 2.9-3.05k with ~5 people slightly below and above that out of ~35 raiders

We use quite fair lootcouncil so gear gets distributed rather equally so we don't have particularly high or low geared people in raids. Also most of the core raiders are from two disabanded guilds that merged and are fairly good at what they do.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Neara » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:53 am

Arjuna wrote:I need to find out why my guild's dps sucks so bad

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ean0 ... 205&e=8510

My guess would be raid support.
No ele shaman, no owl, no shadow priest

no Bleed-damage debuff from feral druid or Arms-Warri

And why your warlocks cast Curse of Elements with an unholy DK in the Raid is beyond me.
Neara

Postby Arcia » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:49 pm

Arjuna wrote:
Arcia wrote:How many healers are you using and how are you positioning the raid?
Positioning made all the difference for my guild.

We use 6 healers and have two groups of ranged spread out and collapse on "their" spore. No offspec tanks or healers as dps, just mainspecs...

My theory atm is that some people suck at dps... :(

If you have any healers with good dps gear (and preferably one that also brings some raid buffs that you are missing) have one of them go dps instead.
We are 5man healing it and its no problem keeping ppl alive.

We are using the same positioning as you guys do (2 ranged camps with 4 ppl in each group).
Now I dont really know what gear you and the other tank are using, but I think you guys could probably do a bit more damage then what your log shows.

Im in almost all 245, I have maybe 4 258 items and I can manage to put out 5.4-5.7k dps on this fight.

When you swap tank you switch to dps libram, pop wings and start doing as much dps as possible, he's undead so use holy wrath as well.

If you can manage to increase the dps from the 2 tanks and swap 1 healer to dps Im sure you can get those missing 7k raid dps.

Looking over the dps list it looks very much like that of my guild, the only exception really is more damage from the tanks (except our warrior, still need some input on how he can improve his dps! :) ) and 1 extra dps'er.
Arcia

Postby Arjuna » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:58 pm

Arcia wrote:When you swap tank you switch to dps libram, pop wings and start doing as much dps as possible, he's undead so use holy wrath as well.

yeah, i need to make a macro to switch those stuff in combat when I'm dps:ing there...just havent gotten around to it yet, have the libram/wep waiting and everything...
Arjuna

Postby maurok » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:13 pm

I was looking to some logs, and I found a pally that did 8k dps on festergut

any idea of how he managed to do it??
maurok

Postby Neara » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:53 pm

maurok wrote:I was looking to some logs, and I found a pally that did 8k dps on festergut

any idea of how he managed to do it??

My guess would be swapping some gear. In my heroic-tank-set i have a lot of ret-gear and pull around 4-5k single target. So 8k with 9 stacks sounds about right. You'd need some damn good healers for that, but if they can pull of healing a kitty there it should be manageable
Neara

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:57 pm

Neara wrote:

is it? i was a bit curious about that and browsed WoL a bit. First Log i found with a warrior tank

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/iuvv ... 100&e=3331
5,7k same as the pally tank

Wow. I was judging by our warrior's typical performance. He's no slouch, but he's not up there like this. I shall have to rub his face in that.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Wrathy » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:07 am

I am wondering if they stealth nerfed this. Last week I was seeing Crits for upwards of 25k, and this week it seemed as though my damage buff wasnt doing anything. WoL parses indicated that I did about 2k less dps than last week and we didnt really swap anything around.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel