Remove Advertisements

[25] Festergut

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Festergut

Postby Meloree » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:32 pm

So, from a tanking perspective: He hits decently hard, but it's really nothing to worry about.

He'll stack a debuff on the tank, you'll want to taunt-swap when it gets to 9 stacks - which means you're doing 90% extra damage. We had our feral druid start out in cat-spec and mostly cat gear. At 9 stacks, I taunted, and we dropped 3 BoSalv's on him. He went kitten-form and really tore up the DPS charts.

The stacking doesn't play nice with the inhales. After I got 9 stacks, the druid taunted back, I clicked off RF, and DPS'd until the 3rd inhale, used DS to clear debuffs, and took Festergut back from the Feral, who went back to dpsing, with about 4 stacks on him. We probably could have rotated cooldowns on the druid, but he was only at 47k hp in the largely kitten gear, and low armor, due to cat-spec.

It's kind of a fun fight to tank, big numbers.

The key for the raid is all spore management. You don't want to stack spores, but you want everyone innoculated. We had all healers (5) in with melee, and the 10 ranged spread out towards the back. We lucked out with 1 spore in melee each time, but people need to be ready to run out, if there's extras in melee. The kill took just over 4 minutes, and the fight pretty much continued the normal mode tradition of being of underwhelming difficulty.

EDIT: Fixed a typo. You want to taunt at 9 stacks, not 90. It's after 90 seconds, it's 90% damage buff, but it's definitely 9 stacks. I am bad, and I feel bad.
Last edited by Meloree on Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Re: [25] Festergut

Postby Threatco » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:59 pm

Thank you SO much for this.

Finding info at work with a webfilter has been a PITA.

Can you elaborate on the spores. Or does someone mind linking an MMO ability list here?
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Meloree » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:04 am

Every 30 seconds or so, Festergut casts 3 gas spores (2 in 10s) on the raid. The gas spores have a big graphic above the persons head. After about 10 seconds, they explode, placing a dot on everyone nearby (about 5k/2s). When the dot expires, you gain a stack of Innoculated, which reduced shadow damage taken by 25%. You want 3 stacks of this before Festergut exhales. You don't want 2 DoTs at once. Manage Gas Spores and win.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Threatco » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:14 am

so for example, 2 melee are targeted, one should run out so it does not explode, double stacking the dot.

I assume this ability won't be able to happen so fast that there is still a dot running when a new set of 3 go out.

So just spread out those 3 each time.

Is there any down side to getting hit by the DoT once your at 3 stacks of Innoculated other then the extra raid healing?
Threatco

Postby Meloree » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:20 am

The explosion happens ~10s after they spawn, and the Dot is ~10 seconds long, give or take. You CANNOT overlap them from 2 separate spores.

You also can't get more than 3 stacks, there's only 3 waves of gas spores before Exhale, which removes Innoculated.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Threatco » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:29 am

Would it make sense to have 3 groups.

1) melee
2) Ranged A
3) Ranged B

When they spawn, raid leader calls out where each of them go, so that for every explosion each group gets the dot, causing inoculation, but no double/triple stacking of dot, or wasted innoculation.

Basicly if all of them happen to melee. I assign 1 melee to go to ranged group a. and another to go to ranged group b.

If it happens to 1 melee, and 2 to ranged group b, then 1 person with it from ranged group b must go to ranged group a.

If it happens to 1 melee, 1 from ranged group a, and 1 from ranged group b, no action is needed.

Am I on the right track?
Last edited by Threatco on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Threatco

Postby Meloree » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:37 am

Depends on how much work you wanna do. I just told people to sort their shit out themselves, and so they did. We had group 3 (5 ranged) go left from the entrace, and spread out 10 yards apart, and group 4 (5 ranged) went right, and spread out 10 yards apart. Festergut does have an ability that necessitates the spreading, but it only happens on ranged, and 10 is enough people to ensure it doesn't target melee. People clumped up for Gas Spores, and spread out again. It's a lot simpler than I'm making it sound.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Flitter » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:06 am

Here's a good video from the later PTRs:

Alpha vs Festergut PTR 10/26/09

It's not that accurate anymore, but i think it demonstrates the basic positioning quite well.
Flitter

Postby Steve » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:31 am

During that 90% phase he seems to hit for roughly 27-30K roughly every 1 second (not counting block), at least according to my logs.

That's some reasonably serious tank damage going out. You'll want to use cooldowns/pop an indestructible potion during the 3rd inhale phase and make sure you have a high uptime on the physical damage reduction heal proc. This amped up damage lasts for quite a long while, too (30 seconds).

I'm not sure I'd characterize that kind of damage as 'nothing to worry about.' Is that the kind of damage you were seeing?

Edit: I'd also agree that part of the key is spore management. Pretty much everyone in the raids needs 3 stacks of the innoculation to survive pungent blight. We had some rough predefined locations for there to be a spore (1 melee, 2 ranged). The hardest issues really is coordinating who goes where when there's multiple spores on the melee or left/right.

12 seconds is quite a long time to work that out over vent, though.
Steve

Postby Diocaska » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:41 am

Alot of sites blocked, so not much information to hand, but is it possible for a tank to be target of the spore?
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Postby Steve » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:46 am

Yes, but that's one of the easiest contingencies to deal with.

If the difficult part is multiple people in the same group getting the spore, and one of the people with the spore is the tank...it's pretty obvious who needs to move right away.
Steve

Postby Nekkos » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:05 am

Steve wrote:
Edit: I'd also agree that part of the key is spore management. Pretty much everyone in the raids needs 3 stacks of the innoculation to survive pungent blight. We had some rough predefined locations for there to be a spore (1 melee, 2 ranged). The hardest issues really is coordinating who goes where when there's multiple spores on the melee or left/right.

12 seconds is quite a long time to work that out over vent, though.

People just need to be able to take charge. There is plenty of time for one of the people to say "You stay put and I'll go give a spore to the melee", etc.
Nekkos

Postby towelliee » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:15 am

My Video from last night enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEEPjGeQsnQ

This is 25 man
towelliee

Postby Steve » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:18 am

Nekkos wrote:People just need to be able to take charge. There is plenty of time for one of the people to say "You stay put and I'll go give a spore to the melee", etc.

Unless both people say the same thing! In unison, "You stay put and I'll go!" Then again in unison, "I'll stay put and you go!" And so on.

It's probably best to pick a ranged dpser to coordinate and tell people where to go. That's how we handled it anyway.
Steve

Postby fudomyou » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:23 am

The strat we read said that it requires an average of 7500 raid DPS - is that true at all, or is that incorrect? DBM had a 5-minute enrage timer, Wowwiki had a 6-minute timer...
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel