Remove Advertisements

[10/25] Professor Putricide

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] Professor Putricide

Postby Hurlrage » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:28 am

Hi fellow tanks,

My new raid is struggling with the prof - 25 normal.
It seems to me that our dps is still a bit low, as most of our dps are still using some ilv232 stuff, and only 2 guys over 8k dps.
Here is a log if needed.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7zas2r3n3amh4kjw/

Could some of you be kind enough to give me a link to some logs of your first kill ?

Then a bit of advice if you may.
We dit hit a wall on p3, hitting several time the soft enrage (full green room) including some 4% wipe :x . A few time most of our close combats dps were hit by the -75 to hit debuff during P3. What can the tank do to help avoid this issue ? What's your raid doing in that case ?
Hurlrage

Postby Metherlance » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:15 am

Hurlrage wrote:Could some of you be kind enough to give me a link to some logs of your first kill ?

Then a bit of advice if you may.
We dit hit a wall on p3, hitting several time the soft enrage (full green room) including some 4% wipe :x . A few time most of our close combats dps were hit by the -75 to hit debuff during P3. What can the tank do to help avoid this issue ? What's your raid doing in that case ?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p5mnyy3s46wgk3q7/dashboard/?s=7211&e=7710 Here's our first kill.

Just have your tank move the boss as soon as the bottles spawn (or actually watch for timers and start to move the boss before they spawn), and it could help to tell dps to stay on sides of the boss, so they have a little less ground to cover.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/chromaggus/Metherlance/advanced

No question remains unanswered. No doubts linger. You are Azeroth's greatest champions!
Metherlance

Postby Belloc » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:52 am

The Gas Bombs spawn on a very predictable timer. Boss mods will show you when they are about to spawn. Simply have your melee DPS move to the front of the boss when this happens.

Furthermore, quick movement will always allow a player to get out of range of the bombs before the debuff is applied. As the tank, I simply never get hit by them just because I'm watching the timer.

Have your melee DPS from the front when there is about 5 seconds until the bombs spawn. Pull the boss away and have melee get back behind him.
Belloc

Postby EdCrusher » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:28 pm

Can you guys help me out here? We finally got him down, but we had trouble with the taunts in p3. We'd start out with DK1 tanking, then I'd taunt when he got 2 stacks, then DK2 would taunt when I got 2 stacks, then Dk1 would taunt when DK2 got 2 stacks. Now when DK1 gets 3 stacks, I'd taunt again get 3 stacks and DK2 would taunt again. However, once I have to taunt again I kept missing and it looks like Putricide is immune. Does he go immune after 2 taunts?
EdCrusher

Postby Argali » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:05 pm

EdCrusher wrote:Can you guys help me out here? We finally got him down, but we had trouble with the taunts in p3. We'd start out with DK1 tanking, then I'd taunt when he got 2 stacks, then DK2 would taunt when I got 2 stacks, then Dk1 would taunt when DK2 got 2 stacks. Now when DK1 gets 3 stacks, I'd taunt again get 3 stacks and DK2 would taunt again. However, once I have to taunt again I kept missing and it looks like Putricide is immune. Does he go immune after 2 taunts?

A 2-2-2,3-3-3 rotation would incur the taunt DR. Go for 2-2-2,4-4-4,5-5-5.
Argali

Postby Treck » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:02 am

We have succesfully killed 25man using the 2-2-2-3-3-3-4-4-4 rotation, without him getting immune but we usually kill it at the 2-3rd mark nr4, if you go to 5-5-5 it might be immune to taunt.
I think he applies the debuff each 12 sec or smth.
While on the topic of taunting.
Anyone who actually knows how the taunting DR works? Is it like if you dont taunt for 20sec, you can taunt like mad again untill he goes immune again?
and how many/how fast can you taunt without getting immune?.
Treck

Postby Rhiannon » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:31 am

EdCrusher wrote:Can you guys help me out here? We finally got him down, but we had trouble with the taunts in p3. We'd start out with DK1 tanking, then I'd taunt when he got 2 stacks, then DK2 would taunt when I got 2 stacks, then Dk1 would taunt when DK2 got 2 stacks. Now when DK1 gets 3 stacks, I'd taunt again get 3 stacks and DK2 would taunt again. However, once I have to taunt again I kept missing and it looks like Putricide is immune. Does he go immune after 2 taunts?

You're taunting too much for starters. Your timeline is:

DK1 1
DK1 2
You 1
You 2
DK2 1
DK2 2
DK1 3
You 3
DK2 3

One of those taunts is completely unnecessary, and by skipping it you should prolong DR significantly, if not reset it. Rather than have DK1 taunt when DK2 has two stacks, just let DK 2 go to three stacks. The net result on raid damage is identical (one tank has 3, two have 2).

So

DK1 1
DK1 2
You 1
You 2
DK2 1
DK2 2
DK2 3
DK1 3
You 3
You 4
DK2 4
DK1 4
DK1 5

etc
Rhiannon

Postby Trase » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:01 am

Treck wrote:We have succesfully killed 25man using the 2-2-2-3-3-3-4-4-4 rotation, without him getting immune but we usually kill it at the 2-3rd mark nr4, if you go to 5-5-5 it might be immune to taunt.
Anyone who actually knows how the taunting DR works? Is it like if you dont taunt for 20sec, you can taunt like mad again untill he goes immune again?

To quote the patch notes:

Taunt Diminishing Returns: We've revised the system for diminishing returns on Taunt so that creatures do not become immune to Taunt until after 5 Taunts have landed. The duration of the Taunt effect will be reduced by 35% instead of 50% for each taunt landed. In addition, most creatures in the world will not be affected by Taunt diminishing returns at all. Creatures will only have Taunt diminishing returns if they have been specifically flagged for that behavior based on the design of a given encounter.

Diminishing returns remain in effect for a given category until 15 seconds have elapsed since the target was affected by the given category. For example, if a warrior taunts a 00.00 seconds, the next taunt applied will not be diminished so long as it is not applied before 20.59 seconds.
Trase <Phoenix> - Greymane US
Trase

Postby Belloc » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:38 am

Trase wrote:
Treck wrote:We have succesfully killed 25man using the 2-2-2-3-3-3-4-4-4 rotation, without him getting immune but we usually kill it at the 2-3rd mark nr4, if you go to 5-5-5 it might be immune to taunt.

To quote the patch notes:

Taunt Diminishing Returns: We've revised the system for diminishing returns on Taunt so that creatures do not become immune to Taunt until after 5 Taunts have landed. The duration of the Taunt effect will be reduced by 35% instead of 50% for each taunt landed. In addition, most creatures in the world will not be affected by Taunt diminishing returns at all. Creatures will only have Taunt diminishing returns if they have been specifically flagged for that behavior based on the design of a given encounter.

Diminishing returns remain in effect for a given category until 15 seconds have elapsed since the target was affected by the given category. For example, if a warrior taunts a 00.00 seconds, the next taunt applied will not be diminished so long as it is not applied before 20.59 seconds.

In addition, most creatures in the world will not be affected by Taunt diminishing returns at all. Creatures will only have Taunt diminishing returns if they have been specifically flagged for that behavior based on the design of a given encounter.

I don't think he ever goes taunt immune.

My personal preference on 25-man is: 3 stacks, 3 stacks, 3 stacks, 4, 4, 4. I mean, I can't see why you wouldn't just let the first tank hold it for a while.
Belloc

Postby Argali » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:29 am

If PP has taunt DR turned on then :

DK2 2
DK1 3 - 1st taunt
You 3 - 2nd taunt
DK2 3 - 3rd taunt
DK1 4 - 4th taunt
You 4 - 5th taunt - This is where he should be immune

As mutated plague is applied every 10 seconds, and stuff with DR resets after 15 seconds.

If PP *DOESN'T* have taunt DR turned on, then EdCrusher shouldn't have this problem. I'm assuming he knows how to tell if a taunt has missed or is actually immune through combat text, or addon, in all the chaos that is p3. I suggest this little addon called WhoTaunted, from curse. With the default settings, it makes you do a /s whenever anyone misses with a taunt, and it does say if it's a miss, or an immune.
Argali

Postby EdCrusher » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:50 am

Definately was getting taunt immune. DK2 got it as well on the kill attempt when mine failed. I'll try to change it up to 2,2,2,4,4,4 Our DPS is good enough to beat it before 5 stacks.
EdCrusher

Postby Stormwarden » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:06 pm

Been having trouble on PP on our 25 as well, that is when we have enough online on our 2nd night to give him serious tries, but that's another story.

Anyway, we have everyone, including the ranged dps, stack on PP's ass. We do this to reduce the portion of the room that gets slimed when he tosses out the pools.

We're having problems, I think unsuprisingly, with malleable goo hitting large numbers of slow moving people. Am I correct in that we should have a minimum number of people at range for phase 3 just like in phase 2 so that malleable goo isn't targetted at those in melee range? Or do you have everyone in melee range and everyone just moves quickly enough to avoid the goo?

Thanks
Stormwarden

Postby Belloc » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:35 pm

The minimum amount on fights with abilities like that will almost always be 3 on 10-man, 8 on 25-man. Yes, you need to have 8 people at range if you want to avoid malleable goo problems.

Personally, I'm surprised you haven't been losing people from both slime puddles hitting your entire raid every single time. Really, you shouldn't have been worrying about the slime in the first place -- it's only a danger in phase 3.
Belloc

Postby Avengeance » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:25 pm

You only hit DR problems if a tank mistaunted in the rotation, or your rotation was wrong in the first place.
We do 2-3-4 taunt and its fine, by 2-3-4 i mean:
Tank A gets 2 stacks.
Tank B taunts.
Tank B gets 2 stacks.
Tank C taunts.
Tank C gets 2 stacks.
Tank A taunts.
Tank A gets 3 stacks.
Tank B taunts
Tank B gets 3 stacks.
Tank C taunts.

etc.

The DR starts counting at the tank A taunting off tank C on 2 stacks, and DR now has 5 casts before immune. You shouldnt use all 5, because it means you'd hit 5 stacks on 2 tanks and you probably wiped by then. You should be aiming to kill the boss when all 3 tanks are on 4 stacks if its your first kills, and once you are used to it you'd probably kill it when all tanks are on 3 stacks.

You can always delay tank switch by 5 seconds so its exactly 15 secs since previous taunt and DR wears off, but you gotta be careful with taunt resists.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Stormwarden » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:08 am

Belloc wrote:The minimum amount on fights with abilities like that will almost always be 3 on 10-man, 8 on 25-man. Yes, you need to have 8 people at range if you want to avoid malleable goo problems.

Personally, I'm surprised you haven't been losing people from both slime puddles hitting your entire raid every single time. Really, you shouldn't have been worrying about the slime in the first place -- it's only a danger in phase 3.

I'm referring to phase 3 in the entirity of my post. So you're saying keep people at range for phase 3 as well?
Stormwarden

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel