[10/25] Professor Putricide

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] Professor Putricide

Postby kennywu » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:37 am

Tried this fight on ten man for the first time last night. Tried using the 'stack on green slime' strat and seemed to go well. Except for my part. I am in the abom and I can't seem to get the slime pools under control. Do I spam the number 1(eat). Or do I hit the button, wait a few seconds and hit it again? Do I run from one pool to the other or do I stay on one pool until it is gone? Can I completely drain the slime pools? It seems that around 50% the whole room is filling up with slime pools to the point where the enitre raid is cornered. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
kennywu

Postby kanst » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:47 am

kennywu wrote:Tried this fight on ten man for the first time last night. Tried using the 'stack on green slime' strat and seemed to go well. Except for my part. I am in the abom and I can't seem to get the slime pools under control. Do I spam the number 1(eat). Or do I hit the button, wait a few seconds and hit it again? Do I run from one pool to the other or do I stay on one pool until it is gone? Can I completely drain the slime pools? It seems that around 50% the whole room is filling up with slime pools to the point where the enitre raid is cornered. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

spam 1 until its gone then go to the next one, the only time you have to worrry is if an early pool you only get 1 slime, i havent seen that happen recently.

Basically run to the table, click it and start running back, dont have to wiat to transform. Find the puddle and spam 1 until its gone, do the same thing to the other puddle, slow the ooze as its targeting...rinse and repeat
kanst

Postby Gavinas » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:56 am

It's also worth spamming 3 (the melee attack) on any target in range of you while in the slime pool. It doesnt share a gcd with either of the other abilities and you can pull upwards of 6k dps averaged over the whole fight without too much effort.
Gavinas

Postby kennywu » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:25 am

First, thanks for the help. I can't stress enough how much this website has helped me.

Back to the topic. So, I eat the pools until they completly disappear, taking into account that I have enough 'energy' to slow an add. Do I stand directly on the slime pool or right infront of it. It seemed on some attempts last night that the eat slime button wasn't 'lighing' up for me to press. I don't know if that was from my positioning or something else. I do plan on watching a clip of the kill today to see what the slime pools should look like.
kennywu

Postby cds4850 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:31 am

I apologize if this has been addressed somewhere else, but has anyone worked on the Shadowmourne quest here?

Our strategy had me piloting the abom throughout the fight until roughly 48% or so. At this point we slow rolled until an orange gas cloud spawned. After I applied the slow, our questing ret paladin would cleanse and hit the table to start consuming the sunsequent ooze piles. This innevitably resulted in one green slime spawn that did not receive a slowing debuff, which is easily healed through. Usually the ret paladin would hit his 100energy mark shortly after the green ooze was killed and begin his four second infusion cast. The problem ensued after his infusion, when the next gas cloud spawned and the abom pilot did not have the appropriate energy to slow it.

Are abom pilots reclaiming the abom after the questing DPSer completes their infusion? Are the questing DPSers maintaining control of the abom for the duration of P2?

As best I can tell we will have the ret paladin prioritize his slowing effect on the emerging gas cloud next time, and immediately therafter cast his infusion upon reaching 100 energy.
cds4850

Postby baleogthefierce » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:50 am

cds4850 wrote:I apologize if this has been addressed somewhere else, but has anyone worked on the Shadowmourne quest here?

Our strategy had me piloting the abom throughout the fight until roughly 48% or so. At this point we slow rolled until an orange gas cloud spawned. After I applied the slow, our questing ret paladin would cleanse and hit the table to start consuming the sunsequent ooze piles. This innevitably resulted in one green slime spawn that did not receive a slowing debuff, which is easily healed through. Usually the ret paladin would hit his 100energy mark shortly after the green ooze was killed and begin his four second infusion cast. The problem ensued after his infusion, when the next gas cloud spawned and the abom pilot did not have the appropriate energy to slow it.

Are abom pilots reclaiming the abom after the questing DPSer completes their infusion? Are the questing DPSers maintaining control of the abom for the duration of P2?

As best I can tell we will have the ret paladin prioritize his slowing effect on the emerging gas cloud next time, and immediately therafter cast his infusion upon reaching 100 energy.

A resto druid with revitalize makes this really easy. Wait until the slime puddle spawn timer is about 4 seconds off and you have a full 100 energy. Cast your infusion, then start eating the slime puddles while getting free energy from the druids, you'll be back to 50% and ready to slow the next slime when it spawns.

Incidentally, it's way easier to just have your DPS pilot the abom for the whole fight, since phase 1/2 aren't really a DPS check that you'll have trouble meeting minus one person. If your tank positions PP well, the abom driver can easily do well over 6k DPS while vacuuming the puddles.
baleogthefierce

Postby kanst » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:03 pm

We just had the dps operate the abom the entire time and the tank just did lolprot dps. It worked fine, the enrage isnt much of a concern
kanst

Postby baleogthefierce » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:04 pm

kennywu wrote:First, thanks for the help. I can't stress enough how much this website has helped me.

Back to the topic. So, I eat the pools until they completly disappear, taking into account that I have enough 'energy' to slow an add. Do I stand directly on the slime pool or right infront of it. It seemed on some attempts last night that the eat slime button wasn't 'lighing' up for me to press. I don't know if that was from my positioning or something else. I do plan on watching a clip of the kill today to see what the slime pools should look like.

As soon as a pool spawns, stand in the center of the slime pool and spam 1 until it vanishes. Move on to the next pool and repeat. Do this and you will always have the room free of slime and have plenty of time to run over to the add that is spawning, slow it, and melee it several times before the next pools spawn.
baleogthefierce

Postby cds4850 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:06 pm

baleogthefierce wrote:A resto druid with revitalize makes this really easy. Wait until the slime puddle spawn timer is about 4 seconds off and you have a full 100 energy. Cast your infusion, then start eating the slime puddles while getting free energy from the druids, you'll be back to 50% and ready to slow the next slime when it spawns.

Incidentally, it's way easier to just have your DPS pilot the abom for the whole fight, since phase 1/2 aren't really a DPS check that you'll have trouble meeting minus one person. If your tank positions PP well, the abom driver can easily do well over 6k DPS while vacuuming the puddles.

Thanks for the quick response, Baleog. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I thought this was changed in the last patch, as abom energy replenishment was not intended via otuside factors sich as revitalize.
cds4850

Postby baleogthefierce » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:24 pm

cds4850 wrote:
baleogthefierce wrote:A resto druid with revitalize makes this really easy. Wait until the slime puddle spawn timer is about 4 seconds off and you have a full 100 energy. Cast your infusion, then start eating the slime puddles while getting free energy from the druids, you'll be back to 50% and ready to slow the next slime when it spawns.

Thanks for the quick response, Baleog. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I thought this was changed in the last patch, as abom energy replenishment was not intended via otuside factors sich as revitalize.

Honestly, once you get intimately familiar with puddle control you can get a big surplus of energy by letting the puddles grow a bit before starting the vaccuum.

However, Revitalize still works to grant the abominations energy as of Tuesday night. Here is a parse showing 184 energy gained on our 16 Feb Putricide kill http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/64xpwd5prk9ugwwr/spell/48540/?s=10254&e=10780.
baleogthefierce

Postby Belloc » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:45 pm

Priests (I think Disc?) have a similar talent as well.

I, too, suggest having the DPS pilot the abom for the entire fight.
Belloc

Postby cds4850 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:01 pm

There's really no shortage of energy, it's more the window in which the DPS pilot has to acrue adequate energy with which to apply a slowing debuff to the gas cloud.

Fortunately in the sake of productivity, my employer is smart enough to ban WoL :x I'll take a look when I get home. If so, that's awesome.

I think we'll take a look at having the ret pilot the abom for the whole fight next week. However, this means that suddenly I have to responsible for not standing in ooze/bouncingooze/beakers/etc. Damnit...
cds4850

Postby Shathus » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:04 pm

Belloc wrote:Priests (I think Disc?) have a similar talent as well.

Rapture is the Disc spell, though didn't seem to be as much gained as revitalize in that other log post.

(Logs from our 10 man kill )
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby baleogthefierce » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:16 pm

Shathus wrote:
Belloc wrote:Priests (I think Disc?) have a similar talent as well.

Rapture is the Disc spell, though didn't seem to be as much gained as revitalize in that other log post.

(Logs from our 10 man kill )

The problem is that the slime pool doesn't tick hard enough to immediately eat the shield, and the effect can only trigger once every 12 seconds. So a druid can just roll HoTs on the abom and give it constant energy regen throughout the fight, whereas Rapture is only going to grant energy when soaking explosions or twice during the actual puddle vaccuuming (basically once per puddle).

Every little bit helps though, so shield the abom if you have a disc priest.
baleogthefierce

Postby Splattage » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:01 am

My 10man guild finally got Putricide[10] last night.
We wound up 1 shotting him after switching to the tank next to green spawn point strat.
Phase 2 we alternated between sides closer and farther from table for cannister drops.
Still well within melee of the green spawn spot.
No green ooze ever exploded more than once.
Abom was next to boss for most of the puddles and was able to dps/debuff everything.
Phases 1 and 2 went clean and fast, better than any other strat we tried.

Phase 3 started with MT at entry door to give us a little more setup time before the damage comes. This did *not* seem to push back debuff stacks like we had hoped, but it did give everyone time to get into position so we could blow bloodlust when everyone was completely ready to push all out on dps.

He went down so fast after that we were all sorta stunned.
His corpse was at the table so we only made it halfway around the room.
Good luck to all who havent gotten him down and thanks to those who came up with the green side tanking strat. I heartily reccomend it.
Splattage : My job is simple : Take every boss hit : Don't Die : the rest is up to you
Splattage

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel