[10/25] Professor Putricide

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10/25] Professor Putricide

Postby Bertman » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Bertman wrote:Is tanking him at the green spot viable in 10 man? We usually run with one or two melee

Just killed him a few minutes ago with this strategy.

Tanking him at the green spot is the way to go here. Most of the time the add died before it could explode.
Bertman

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:57 am

Just tried this for like two attempts, and then people got wtf pwned by malleable ooze, I'm assumed ranged just weren't far enough away. Obviously malleable ooze is easy enough to avoid however it seemed like if it didn't die before 1'st/ 2'nd explosion, people would get knocked into them dealing a lot more raid damage than necessary. Anyone wanna make a video of this imo? Just so I can show my GM, that I'm not an idiot for taking strats off this website.

Postby Maat » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:13 am

Loras wrote:Is it possible by any chance for someone to record the green-side stacking strategy, even from a hunter/ranged PoV (although not a-must) cause I seem to fail in explaining to the guild why this tactic is better and that it does NOT make the fight more complicated by requiring more precise positioning. They're mostly concerned about where Putricide should be during the knockback and how people will deal with that knockback, won't it spread them, won't it ruin their dps, especially if ranged are involved into it, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU-WhWP4lDY
This is from a shadow priest's perspective. He doesn't really do his job in that he doesn't try to stack on the adhesive ooze ranged targets, but good enough.

Putricide's position doesn't matter too much. It helps to tank him near, but not on top of, the green ooze spawn point, too keep ooze puddles from conglomerating there. The MT will obviously pull Putricide out of there when he will drop choking gas, and bring him closer as the green ooze spawns to allow aoe dps. When people get knocked back by the explosion, they just run back in, and/or follow the ooze if it re-targets a ranged.
Maat

Postby Fenris » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:08 pm

Quick questions (maybe someone already answered and i lost it >.< ):
On 25m,we swaped from the spread out strategy to the stack on green ooze one,and everything went quite fine,from a best try at 50% last week to a few <10% wipes in less than 10 tries

Still,seems we cant find a way to avoid an ooze spawning during the 35% tear gas (usually a green one)
-tried to burn the boss down while leaving the red one low-hp to die in the first few seconds of p3->g.ooze spawning
-stopped dps on the boss to focus on the last red one,then burn the boss->g.ooze spawning
-left ranged on the red ooze,melee on the boss->same as above

We still manage to kill it during p3 and keep going with the boss,but the damage sink pushes us at a point where tanks auras and pools spreading are too much to keep up with (berserking time seems to be a no-problem yet)

Any advice?
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Avengeance » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:38 pm

Call stop dps at 37%, remaining dots will tick it down to aroun 36%, and he stuns at around 35.6%. If you are falling behind in killing the add before next one spawns, try to drag the boss nxt to the add with the melee to get some melee aoe to bring it down, or you just have to time your DPS stop later.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Belloc » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:42 pm

The final tear gas comes at 36%, so we usually stop all damage at 38%. Dots and bleeds push him to 37%. We kill the next add and then push him over.

If your DPS isn't high enough for that, get the boss to 38/37% and wait for the add. When the add is at 30%, switch a group of players onto Putricide and have them push him over.
Belloc

Postby Ragingsoul » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:22 pm

we just did it on 25men, with the normal method. the fight took 9min, so we still had a lot of time.
The problem is the dps on last phase, with 3 tanks, all were at 3/4 stacks when we killed him, the whole raid was dead except us.

So quick question :

i did a pug once and they were doing DI on deathbringer on the guys that had a mark, resulting in no need to heal it.

Can you do the same here? By that I mean, DI a tank with 4 stacks, to stop the aoe dmg on everyone? I'm asking because I never tried it, and saved at the moment on 25men and 10men. I'll test it next week on 10men.
To be honest, it would be a bit OP if it worked. DI your first tank at 5 stacks just after your 2nd tank taunted, and you get 2 tanks with no stacks, and no raid dmg. it could buy a lot of time.
While tanking new content, one rule is important -- it's not about taking less damage; it's about being able to take more.
Ragingsoul, Palatank, Tsunadee, Resto Druid, Bisoul, Mutilate Rogue
Ragingsoul

Postby Metherlance » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:27 am

Ragingsoul wrote:Can you do the same here? By that I mean, DI a tank with 4 stacks, to stop the aoe dmg on everyone? I'm asking because I never tried it, and saved at the moment on 25men and 10men. I'll test it next week on 10men.
To be honest, it would be a bit OP if it worked. DI your first tank at 5 stacks just after your 2nd tank taunted, and you get 2 tanks with no stacks, and no raid dmg. it could buy a lot of time.

If the debuff falls for ANY reason (bubble, death, time) boss gets healed (can't remember how much but it's like 2million*stacks), so you can't do that.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/chromaggus/Metherlance/advanced

No question remains unanswered. No doubts linger. You are Azeroth's greatest champions!
Metherlance

Postby Ragingsoul » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:06 am

Metherlance wrote:
Ragingsoul wrote:Can you do the same here? By that I mean, DI a tank with 4 stacks, to stop the aoe dmg on everyone? I'm asking because I never tried it, and saved at the moment on 25men and 10men. I'll test it next week on 10men.

If the debuff falls for ANY reason (bubble, death, time) boss gets healed (can't remember how much but it's like 2million*stacks), so you can't do that.

expect bubble doesn't remove it. DI should not either.
While tanking new content, one rule is important -- it's not about taking less damage; it's about being able to take more.
Ragingsoul

Postby Chicken » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:07 am

That's something worth testing I suppose, I have a feeling that it won't prevent the damage from being dealt to the raid even if it doesn't remove the debuff though. It works with Deathbringer Saurfang's ability because it deals damage to the one you use Divine Intervention on making him or her immune to the damage, while Putricide's ability hits everyone in the raid, so you'd expect the plague to keep doing damage to everyone else.
Chicken

Postby baleogthefierce » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:29 pm

The best part of this fight is topping damage meters in p1/p2 as the abomination controller. If your Putricide tank is helpful in positioning him near slime pools, you can dish out a fair bit of punishment while vacuuming :)
baleogthefierce

Postby Ragingsoul » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:00 am

Chicken wrote:That's something worth testing I suppose, I have a feeling that it won't prevent the damage from being dealt to the raid even if it doesn't remove the debuff though. It works with Deathbringer Saurfang's ability because it deals damage to the one you use Divine Intervention on making him or her immune to the damage, while Putricide's ability hits everyone in the raid, so you'd expect the plague to keep doing damage to everyone else.

I know, I don't think it's working since bubble doesn't do anything, but just wanted to check it, or was asking if someone tried, you never know.
Ragingsoul

Postby Rothes » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:52 am

In my 10man guild we cannot seem to get even close on Putricide... I think our best is 55%. I am not sure what to do.

We tried stacking on the green side, but people would then people had to stack up so no one would die in the explosion... which lead to people being hit by all kinds of bad things.

Then we tried switching sides, the green ooze still got to its target even when it had the whole room to go. I think it is because the melee had to run to it after it chose a target and thus they lost dps time on it.

Each dps consistently does 5k and few are above 6k. I am just not sure what is going wrong. The only thing I can come up with is that people are not avoiding the debuffs. Any ideas?
Rothes - Protection Paladin - Bloodscalp
"When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you."
--Lao Tzu
Rothes

Postby xlos » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:09 am

Rothes wrote:..

Each dps consistently does 5k and few are above 6k. I am just not sure what is going wrong. The only thing I can come up with is that people are not avoiding the debuffs. Any ideas?

Get ensidiafailmod, set it to spam /ra, that will show the failures
xlos

Postby kanst » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:43 am

Rothes wrote:In my 10man guild we cannot seem to get even close on Putricide... I think our best is 55%. I am not sure what to do.

We tried stacking on the green side, but people would then people had to stack up so no one would die in the explosion... which lead to people being hit by all kinds of bad things.

Then we tried switching sides, the green ooze still got to its target even when it had the whole room to go. I think it is because the melee had to run to it after it chose a target and thus they lost dps time on it.

Once the ooze spawns, all range should switch, they will have a few seconds before he targets, once he targets all melee get on him. You just need to make sure every single dps is switching as fast as they can, you should be able to kill it with 1 green explosion at most. Just make sure on the green one the melee stay behind it so they are all blown in the same direction
kanst

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel