[10/25] Professor Putricide

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10/25] Professor Putricide

Postby towelliee » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:35 am

Anyone have any information on this boss? This is probably the only legit video I see of this boss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eswac8fkfXQ

Factors I noticed in comparison to the MMO abilities

1 - Mutated Abom. Should be a priority to eat the Oozes first then apply the debuff stacks?

2 - Volatile Ooze. Create a macro for ranged and pew pew until dead. Cause if it touches its target your effed. Not sure if the rooted person can cloak/bubble/freedomed so we will see.

3 - Didn't see much of the bosses abilities.
towelliee

Re: [10/25] Professor Putricide

Postby Shathus » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:26 am

I was reading up on the new wing this morning and found this link with some information.

http://www.stratfu.com/strats/professor-putricide/professor-putricide-pre-release-strategy

Putricide's abilities specifically below:

Professor Putricide

Choking Gas

Putricide has several abilities that will require him to be kited. Through out the fight he will throw down Choking Gas Bombs, which will look like little orange test tubes on the ground. These deal 6k damage every second to anyone within 3 yards and apply a debuff that reduces chance to hit by 75% for 15 seconds. After 20 seconds the Bombs will explode and anyone with 10 yards will take ~16k damage, have their hit reduced by 75%, and get knocked back. When these are summoned the tank needs to be sure to kite Putricide well away from the area.

Expanding Ooze

Putricide will also throw out vial that break turning into expanding Ooze Piles that the Abom must consume. These deal damage every second and should be avoided by all except the Abom.
Malleable Goo

Putricide will also throw out Malleable Goo which will bounce towards the target and explode where they are/were, dealing 15k damage and slowing attack and cast speed by 200% for 15 seconds. These are not very fast so players should be quick to move and avoid these.

Unstable Experiment

This is listed as one of his abilities but I believe this is his emote as he spawns either a Gas Cloud, Choking Gas, or a Volatile Ooze. Otherwise I am not sure what this does.

Create Concoction > Guzzle Potion > Mutated Strength

This seems like his frenzy. It appears that he may return to his table and then enrage, so this is probably the best place for Bloodlust.

Mutated Strength

Increases damage done by 50% and increases attack speed by 50% also attacks cause the caster to become more mutated, inflicting increasing damage every 3 sec.

The best I've seen so far in terms of giving me an idea of the flow of the fight. If that helps.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Senador » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:18 am

Saw Stratfu's write up, and even then a lot is speculative.

It seems the fight is a coordination check, in the same vein as Freya was in that DPS have to watch possitioning around Slime and Gas Bombs, swapping targets periodically to Gas Clouds and Goo, and dodging the thrown stuff. Then also run away from Gas Cloud and Collapsing on the Volatile Slime, while not standing in the Slime Pools, etc. At the same time, tanking it seems pretty trivial (Such as Jaraxus).

I saw no major reason to use two tanks on the encounter so it seems like putting an offtank in the Abomination Role makes the most sense.
Senador

Postby Megatwan » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:25 am

Boss Tank (1): grab boss and tank in the back left (NW) corner intitially
~you'll have to move boss for Slime Puddles phase 1-3
~you'll move boss for Gas Bombs in phase 2
~you should try and keep it near the abom if possible for dps increase phase 1-2
~you'll have to move to the other side and swap back as cloud/ooze spawns alternate after the abom gets rid of the slime

Abom (1):you make or break the fight with 3 abils:
~ooze puddles come out, spam 1 to consume them asap, this fills ur energy meter on right
~2 is your ranged attack slowing debuff SAVE THIS UNTIL the ooze/cloud picks a target and starts moving.
~YOU SHOULD ALWAYS have energy saved for ^^
~3 is your melee attack. It does a shit ton of dmg based on your MH weapon and increases phisical dmg taken (stacks 5 times). YOU CAN spam this and 1 at the same time AND SHOULD if the boss is kept close
~IF there is no puddles in the room (and their shouldnt be between puddle drops and add spawns) GO LAY INTO THE ADD. then get back to puddles asap and consume them

***Note: a OT (3rd) will be dpsing until phase 3***

Healers: clump a bit (tight cone) with ranged about 10-15+ yards behind the boss
~the raid will take dmg every 2 seconds from aboms aura when its up
~bloat will tic on the clouds target
~raid will get aoe'd and knockbacked if ooze hits its target
~raid will take dmg from slime/gas bombs/mallable goo if bad/hit by it
~move when mallable goo is thrown at ur face [REDUCES CAST SPEED 200%]

Ranged dps:clump a bit (tight cone) with healers about 15 yards behind the boss
~own the ooze and gas clouds AFTER THEY PICK A TARGET ...NOT
~move when mallable goo is thrown at ur face [REDUCES CAST SPEED 200%]
~stay out of slime
~stay away from gas bombs

Melee dps: burn boss and handle adds when needed
~own the ooze and gas clouds AFTER THEY PICK A TARGET ...NOT SOONER (watch for the big green Arc)
~stay out of slime
~stay away from gas bombs [These are droped near you] [REDUCES HIT CHANCE 75%]

Gas Clouds:
-Ranged DPS kill it
-Heal the raider with bloat until it fades
-Abom must slow it
-It will "bloat" one raider, that person must GTFO and use def CDs
~note: if the cloud gets to that person he will cast, siphon remaing stacks of the bloat and do huge aoe dmg based on stacks (which will probly wipe the raid) AND THEN pick a new target

Volatile Ooze
-All dps turn and burn it
-Heal the raider rooted with Ooze adhesive
-It will root one raider, they should use def CDs THAT DONT DROP AGGRO
-Abom must slow it
-Abom must also stack phisical dmg debuff on it (if hes good with slime pools)
~note: if it reaches the target, it will explode and distribute dmg to those around it
~ideally ^^ should not happen more then once if at all but always stack around that target

-the adds come when he emotes: Unstable Experiment - Professor Putricide begins to peform a wicked experiment on you all!
-He also throws mallable Goo, it bounces and hit eveyone in a line of its direction. MOVE.
-he throws out gas bombs, dont be near them
-he puts expanding slime on the groud, dont be in it

STOP DPS AT 38% OR SO AND CLEAR THE ADD

-frenzy/phase 3 @35%. emotes: Guzzle Potions - Professor Putricide starts to drink every potion on the table! ...at this point:
~you no longer have an abom
~you no longer get adds
-Tanks trade the debuff
~after 2 stacks first round
~after all tanks have 2 stacks, after your debuff is refreshed (ie 3 stacks)
~after all tanks have 3, take a 4th and taunt
~if it hits 5 we wipe
-lust/cds
/dps race before slime fills the room
Last edited by Megatwan on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Megatwan

Postby loeni » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:38 am

I don't think the malleable goo is probably part of the Putricide fight, since on PTR that was an ability that he used from the balcony during the fight against hard mode Festergut.
loeni

Postby fafhrd » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:11 am

Hmm, surprised to see this morning that no one has killed him yet on 25. We pulled him 4 times IIRC, and were getting him down to 50%ish, but wiping mostly to people not doing what they're supposed to, so called it and will go do him on 10 first before coming back to 25 sunday. I imagine the abilities added a lower HP include something particularly harsh?
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Steve » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:14 am

The lag on some servers was pretty brutal last night. I know it played havok with our making the Festergut enrage. I'm sure the tippity top guilds probably don't think so, but Festergut's enrage is reasonably tight.

*Edit: Changed my mind. The timer isn't all that tight. Our lag was just really that bad.
Last edited by Steve on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

Postby Jonlo » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:22 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFDnzm8uxN8

Have to move him side to side to maximize distance between Volatile Ooze and Gas Clouds, since they spawn on an alternating timer.

Phase 3 has a stacking debuff that MULTIPLIES, not adds, so you have to have tanks manage that debuff with taunt switches. 2 smalls stacks is better than 1 big stack, etc.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Wrathy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:47 am

Steve wrote:The lag on some servers was pretty brutal last night. I know it played havok with our making the Festergut enrage. I'm sure the tippity top guilds probably don't think so, but Festergut's enrage is reasonably tight.

*Edit: Changed my mind. The timer isn't all that tight. Our lag was just really that bad.

Yeah we called it before even wasting any attempts because our lag was so bad. Instant casts were probably about 2 second casts all night. I had a funny thing happen during a trash pack pull. It was one of the first pulls and the lag was so bad we got half the first room and one of the big bone sentinels, well we called for everyone to reset, and I stayed back to "Take one for the team" only to have my AD proc and bug. I looked like I had just taken an Ironshield potion, and had a completely drained health bar but cold still move around and was not taking any damage. I ran completely out before my AD proc bugged and healed me twice to 60% as the trash evade bugged and reset.

Fun times, fun times...
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Alanyor » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:08 pm

Does anyone know if it's possible to use taunt bubble on Mutated Plague?
Because if it's possible you could use just 1 pally tank and let a dd use the abo in p1 and do dmg in p2.
Alanyor <Bloodhound Gang> - EU-Nera'thor - http://www.alanyor.blogspot.com
Originator of 10 Paladin Karazhan, 10 Paladin Zul'Aman and 8 Paladin Naxxramas
Alanyor

Postby Belloc » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:44 pm

Blue post on official forums confirms that 1 abomination on 25-man Putricide is working as intended.

Time to start using those attempts.
Belloc

Postby Belloc » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:12 pm

Grats Paragon on world first.
Belloc

Postby Joanadark » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:35 pm

?
Its only weds. Most guilds are being super cautious because of the attempt counter and doing it and achievement testing on alts and in 10-mans before going in on mains.
Because of the way the attempt counter works, the majority of bleeding edge is probably going to be shooting for the achievement on the first kill this week, so no one is rushing to get it done.

Progression ranking doesn't matter until hard modes, even for the attempt counter bosses. Maybe arthas.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Belloc » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:45 pm

Joanadark wrote:?
Its only weds. Most guilds are being super cautious because of the attempt counter and doing it and achievement testing on alts and in 10-mans before going in on mains.
Because of the way the attempt counter works, the majority of bleeding edge is probably going to be shooting for the achievement on the first kill this week, so no one is rushing to get it done.

Progression ranking doesn't matter until hard modes, even for the attempt counter bosses. Maybe arthas.

Eh, considering that the boss wasn't killed on the first day, I think this is a horse of a different color.
Belloc

Postby Joanadark » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:41 pm

we'll see I guess.
from what I heard a big portion of the big progression servers had massive lag yesturday, and many of them again today.

edit: VANQUISH killed it. VANQUISH is kind of a joke guild. They aren't even in the same league as Paragon. Can't be that difficult.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel