Remove Advertisements

Lady Deathwhisperer , right side adds (caster adds)

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Lady Deathwhisperer , right side adds (caster adds)

Postby Tankforyou » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:55 pm

Hello,

My guild has cleared ICC-10 man for a few weeks now, first four bosses.
On 25 man we are having issues with Lady Deathwhisperer. Mainly, the right side adds are giving us issues.

I tank the left side adds (2 melee and 1 caster) with 5-6 melee dps.

We have one tank get add on stairs and line of site him towards the right side adds (one melee and two casters). Another tank picks up the right side adds. They get our hunter and 5 melee dps.

We've been using different tanks for right side adds, holidays and all. But, it's giving us issues. Loose adds, adds not coming into melee range, adds not going down quick enough. We've been giving right side our best dps but that's not the issue. It's the tanking.

Should we be misdirecting?
Deathgripp'in? DK aoe silence?
Stun lock casters with rogue?
And line of site issues that can help?

We have 2 experienced pally tanks, 1 moderately there pally tank and one errr work in progress warrior tank. We got shield down to 1% when both pally's are there and it's a nightmare when only one of us can make it.

-Regards and sorry for lengthy post
Tankforyou

Re: Lady Deathwhisperer , right side adds (caster adds)

Postby Invisusira » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:56 pm

Make sure to balance the sides' dps. 2 casters and 1 melee means you need more physical dps on the right side. I usually tank that side by laying down a consecrate in the middle, throwing my sheild at the left one and then the physical burning one down while I'm judging and tanking the right one (and the melee one). I'll toss a taunt on the left one when a dps pulls, and it's usually about dead by the time the taunt wears off.
Invisusira

Postby Kihra » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:39 pm

Invisusira wrote:Make sure to balance the sides' dps. 2 casters and 1 melee means you need more physical dps on the right side. I usually tank that side by laying down a consecrate in the middle, throwing my sheild at the left one and then the physical burning one down while I'm judging and tanking the right one (and the melee one). I'll toss a taunt on the left one when a dps pulls, and it's usually about dead by the time the taunt wears off.

We just use two tanks for this fight. The tank on the right side just picks up the fanatic and then also picks up the back add if it's a fanatic. The casters can be trivially locked down if you just devote the resources to do so, and you barely even have to tank them.
Kihra

Postby Nekkos » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:12 am

Yeah we just melee zerg the casters in 25.
Nekkos

Postby Chicken » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:08 am

It can also be helpful to have a Death Knight with you over there (Or just a Death Knight tanking there), that way you can just stay where one of the casters spawns, and get the other caster Death Gripped to you.
Chicken

Postby Cheroz » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:45 am

Not sure if this works for 25 man, but just have a mage sheep one of the adds. If two casters on the right side are causing you issues....sheep one until one is dead then have that group switch. I know this works 100% on ten man. We have a mage sheep the back add each time they spawn, while me and the other tank grab the middle and front adds. I realise on 25 man you split up, but still that should leave you with exactly one caster and one mellee each side making rounding them up significantly easier.
Cheroz

Postby McSloane » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:00 am

I tank the right side adds for the 25s raid; and tried a few different things but here's where I ended up.

If you think of the 3 add spawn points as 1,2,3 with 3 being closest to deathwhisper and 1 being closest to the door - I lay a consecrate in bay 2, run to bay 1 and judge / hammer of the righteous, and our DK deathgrips the caster running out of bay 3. I switch to the bay 3 add and taunt / avenger shield it to bring it close and we burn that one first. That ends up grouping them up, in close proximity to the door; so that the melee dps can help with whatever add is coming from the stairs in the back.
McSloane

Postby Worldie » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:14 pm

Nekkos wrote:Yeah we just melee zerg the casters in 25.

Confirming this as working strategy. Stuns help too.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ezharon » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:15 pm

We down Lady Deathwisperer in a 25 pug raid for the 1st time this week. After a 3 weeks of trying to control some adds, we try the zerging method this week.

I was on the left side with 3 melees (rogue, dk and warrior) and 5 casters dps (2 mages, 1 balance druid and 2 warlocks). Consecrate where the adherent pop, avenger shield one fanatik and having the dk grip the other fanatik then zerging the 3 (melee focus on adherent and casters focus on fanatiks) using every CS, stun or silence we had (like blood elf racial silence) to stop them casting.

Right site we had a DK tank with 3 melees (rogue, dk and warrior too), a hunt and 2 casters (1 mage and 1 balance druid). DK DnD, grip on adherent while other DK grip the other then zerging the 3 too.

On the stairs we had a Warrior tank (less geared) with 1 melee (rogue).

When all the adds where dead, dps on the left side help finishing the one on the stairs then swith to the boss. Dps on the right side swith on the boss immediatly after the adds were dead.

The adds where dying very fast which was leaving every time something like 30 seconds to dps the boss mana shield before the next pop.

We down the boss with more than 1'30 left on the timer.
Loatr Tankadin since patch 1.9
Ezharon

Postby Belloc » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:37 pm

I stopped tanking Adherents after our first kill. I just stick all DPS on one side onto them and they die within seconds.
Belloc

Postby Xenix » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:28 pm

The simplest way to tank all the adds on that side is to wait between the middle alcove and one of the furthest side alcoves for them to spawn. As soon as they do, use hand of reckoning on the adherent in the alcove you're next to, then run towards the other adherent alcove. Judge the fanatic on your way by, avenger's shield the final adherent right as he breaks into LoS, and then step into the alcove yourself.

The other two mobs will then have to walk over to right next to you to get in LoS to attack. A quick hammer of the righteous once the other two mobs get to you should keep them off of any impatient dps.
Kimurellia - Holy/Protection Paladin - Scions of Destiny - Eredar-US
Xenix

Postby holythief » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:47 pm

This is the way i have done it when i'm on the right side.
assuming the bay are 1,2,3 with three be the boss and one by the door.
I run over to bay 1 from the boss when there are 4-5 sec until adds i lay down a consacrate
Then run to bay 2 by this time the adds have spawned judge the add in bay two.
run to bay one and hit it with a SotR making sure i'm over the divider.
once i have down that i jump the divider back and target the first add who now is in bay 2 due to line of sight.
I throw my shield at him, this will end up hitting all three adds and gathering them in bay 2 for the dps to own them.

Maybe not ideal but i works for me.
holythief

Postby Steve » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:08 pm

Unless your DPS is so terrible that you have to be super efficient with DPS time, you can just switch all dps to dpsing adds.

It's the safest way to do the encounter. Yes, this means your melee dps will be spending time running to and from the boss dpsing. Yes this is inefficient. But it's a much safer way to do the encounter than not getting the adds down because your caster dps didn't switch to the reanimated fanatic, or because the deformed fanatic wasn't killed/kited fast enough.

Just have most of your DPS switch to the adds. The enrage timer isn't that tight on this encounter. You can afford to trade dps efficiency for safety (at least until your dps proves they are so bad that you cannot).

Using this manner the adherents get prioritzed and zerged down so quickly you do not need to tank them.
Steve

Postby Arees » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:49 am

What we do is I pick up the two melee adds on the left, the other tank grabs the melee add on the right, and we both run to the back to where the add that comes down the stairs is. The ranged aoe down the melee guys we are tanking while the melee kills the casters on the right, then runs over to the caster on the left and kills it. Then melee can run to the boss, ranged dps switch back to the boss. Of course if the reanimated guys come up, someone marks it and ranged nukes it down real quick.

When we do this we have between 20 and 25 seconds before the next wave of adds come.

My guilds biggest problem is being killed by the ghosts. Its mainly melee. We just can't see them at all with all the consecrate and D&D and other effects coming from the ranged. I only see them if they are right behind me. I've started just kiting the boss around the room in a rectangle pattern walking backwards and that seemed to help. The ghosts would explode before reaching us most of the time.
Arees

Postby Dianora » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am

Invisusira wrote:Make sure to balance the sides' dps. 2 casters and 1 melee means you need more physical dps on the right side. I usually tank that side by laying down a consecrate in the middle, throwing my sheild at the left one and then the physical burning one down while I'm judging and tanking the right one (and the melee one). I'll toss a taunt on the left one when a dps pulls, and it's usually about dead by the time the taunt wears off.

We're doing similar as well, although I'm only responsible for the top caster and the melee. The caster towards the door are getting burned by 2 ret paladin and other melee. I usually ignore that one.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel