[25] Full House

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Full House

Postby inthedrops » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:01 am

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzAIJx7ZF8

We wiped on this about 5 or 6 times before finally getting the trasition right. Here's a few bits on what I recall about it.

Tank setup:
Four tanks. First tank handled left side. Second tank handled right side. Third tank tanked the mobs we wanted to hold onto (except deformed fanatic) and the adds that spawn in the back. Fourth tank kited deformed fanatic. Note that this could have been done by a DPS'er so fourth tank not necessary.

As far as the strat, it took us a couple attempts before we knew what the timing needed to look like to transition into P2.
* We went ahead and burned down the first two rounds of adds and didn't collect anything until the third, unless a deformed fanatic spawned.
* We had one person dedicated to marking adds that we wanted to keep. This way DPS knew not to kill them. Note however that when the reform/empower that the marks drop so be aware and remark.
* The person kiting the deformed has the easiest job of all the tanks, so put your lesser geared, lesser skilled, squishiest tank in this position (this was my job that night). As mentioned above a DPS could do this just as well. A few things I did while kiting include stunning mobs while running around with hammer, holy wrath, etc. Don't stun yourself by hammering a shielded mob, it reflects back on you. I would also taunt any additional reanimated fanatics where possible to make their lives a little easier.

The trick to making this work is timing the transition into P2:
* Have someone call out when it's going to be the last wave of adds. Her mana shield should be very very low and DPS should stop DPS'ing the shield. As mentioned above, this took us some trial and error to figure out how low the shield needed to be.
* When the last wave spawns, we had an extra mage spam sheep one of the adds and ranged DPS burn the rest that aren't marked.
* I taunted any remaining adds off of the tanks tanking the side spawns so that they could run up to tank the boss.
* DPS burns down the shield, then finishes off all but the marked, and sheeped adds before focusing on boss.
* I think the add we sheeped was always one that was needed for the achievement but I'm not positive about that. I just recall that they had to sit there and keep on sheeping it.

Kinda wordy for not much detail, but hopefully it'll give others some ideas on what might work for them. This takes a lot of communication so keep vent clear.

One final tip about the deformed (and perhaps the other mobs as well). If you somehow get them below about 50% health, they have a chance to explode (metamorphosis?). So make sure that no one is ever DPS'ing marked adds below 50% or so.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Re: [25] Full House

Postby Worldie » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:50 pm

Wouldn't it be easier to keep normal mobs, reanimated mobs, and empowered fanatic, rather than kiting a deformed one?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby dewkstraykr » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:06 am

Worldie wrote:Wouldn't it be easier to keep normal mobs, reanimated mobs, and empowered fanatic, rather than kiting a deformed one?

I just completed this last night myself on 10. Having empowered mobs alive is a significant increase in DTPS to the raid, and as such they are the best choice of mob to not have left over. Once empowered, the adherents casts do much more damage, and on top of that they also do aoe damage around the target their spell hits for quite a lot of damage.

You are better off having a class with a taunt kiting a deformed in a big square around the whole room for the entire fight than trying to heal through an empowered adherent beating away at your entire raid. We used our boomkin for this job though, not an extra tank. He could dps the shield/adds until one deformed, at which point he would taunt off its current tank, moonfire/wrath/FF it and start kiting around the room. After a couple of laps and turning aroudn to do a bit of damage to it, it was firmly on him for the whole fight, and made it just that much easier for the tanks in p2.
dewkstraykr

Postby Belloc » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:39 pm

Worldie wrote:Wouldn't it be easier to keep normal mobs, reanimated mobs, and empowered fanatic, rather than kiting a deformed one?

Kiting a deformed add is extremely easy. I'd always choose that over an empowered, personally.
Belloc

Postby Worldie » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:20 pm

Buh maybe i dont trust kiting enough. Empowered adds are easy to deal with, someone ranged tanks em :0
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Avengeance » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:55 am

I got confirmation from GM that Empowered adds dont count as an extra type - they'd be counted as their living versions.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel