[10] Lord Marrowgar strat

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Lord Marrowgar strat

Postby True » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:58 am

With the melee nerf, this boss is a pansy. Here is how my guild kills him using 2 tanks, 2 heals and 6 dps...

1) Two tanks need to be stacked on top of each other to soak Saber Lash. Face the boss away from the raid. You must keep aggro because he is immune to taunt.

2) When Bone Spike comes out, all DPS needs to switch to it immediately...especially if it is a healer. DPS should create a macro. Something like:

/tar Bone Spike
/cast Mind Flay (or whatever low cooldown, instant spell they have)

3) Avoid frostfire! The damage actually does not tick for a second or two, so you can run THROUGH it...just don't stand in it.

4) During Bone Storm, everyone except the tanks hold their ground...just move out of flames His whirling attack does not do much damage. [EDIT] This is no longer needed. As a pally, during the first bone storm, Salvation the highest dps aggro...or bubble them.

5) Grab the boss IMMEDIATELY after Bone Storm via Hand of Reckoning.

6) Rinse and repeat.

Notes...

[EDIT] Aggro is a problem after the first bone storm. You will probably have to help whichever dps did not watch their aggro. BUT...the boss is now tauntable...just taunt!

DPS has to get on the bone spikes RIGHT AWAY. The macro helps. There is no reason not to get the achievement every time you fight this boss.
Last edited by True on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
True

Re: [10] Lord Marrowgar strat

Postby Shathus » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:03 pm

True wrote:
4) During Bone Storm, everyone except the tanks hold their ground...just move out of flames His whirling attack does not do much damage. As a pally, during the first bone storm, Salvation the highest dps aggro...or bubble them.

Aggro is a problem after the first bone storm. You will probably have to help whichever dps did not watch their aggro.

Doesn't he do an aggro dump after Bonestorm though? So it doesn't matter what threat the dps was doing before and during the bonestorm, just what you and they do after the dump. Like Wrathy or someone else said in another thread, if you watch omen, you can tell the moment it happens. Once you see the reset, toss your shield get in position with your other tank(s) and start over. I'd save salv for AFTER you re-establish threat for if any dps got some spike threat you need to slow down personally.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby blakk » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:37 pm

I have bad luck just using shield toss. the travel time is sometimes large enough for that rogue in the corner to get facepalmed :D
blakk

Postby cerwillis » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:51 pm

I was told by our RL to use /targetexact bone spike because there was a chance to target the 'corpse' of a spike. Have yet to confirm this as I was healing on that run.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby blakk » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:30 pm

i'd use something like
/tar [nodead] bone spike
/cast "###"
blakk

Postby Belloc » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:11 pm

Lord Marrowgar is now tauntable.
Belloc

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:25 pm

Belloc wrote:Lord Marrowgar is now tauntable.

Sauce
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Malthrax » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:49 am

blakk wrote:I have bad luck just using shield toss. the travel time is sometimes large enough for that rogue in the corner to get facepalmed :D

Pop [Hand of Reckoning] while the shield-toss is in-flight. It won't taunt him, but since he's not targetting you, it'll do damage to him and get his attention, just as the ZOMGHOLYPIETOFACE slams into his bone noggin'.

I re-glyph for single-target Avenger's Shield on this fight, and blow Wings as he's coming out of the whirlwind.

Sans that, said Rogue should be using Tricks of the Trade on you, so he can go hog-wild from the get go. Its probably the Cold Flame he dumps after the whirlwind that's killing the rogue, though.
Malthrax

Postby Njall » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:39 am

Yeah, I'd been getting good results with using HoR as soon as he comes out of his Whirlwind.

Great Googly Moogly, he has a tanking mace. My dorf hasn't had a tanking mace since BC (and hence no benefit from that part of the racials!)

Want want want.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Iboughtpower » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:05 pm

My biggest problem is keeping stacked with the other tank while also dodging the frost. I keep trying to keep stacked but we end up moving around so much.
Iboughtpower

Postby Neara » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:28 am

some ways

-One tank gets a symbol and is the leading tank, the other has to follow

-alternate dodging left and right

-talk

-single tank it
Neara

Postby Lesaberisa » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:32 am

I usually just communicate with the other tank and we agree which way we're going to go.

The only real issue I've had with Marrowgar is the aggro drop/positioning after bone storm, as people still occasionally decide to get one last spell off, decide to stand in front of him, etc.
Lesaberisa

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel