Postby Milius » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:09 pm

we did it with 2 groups
Druid Tank took first 2 mages with a few Melee Deeps and some ranged
I took second 2 with other Deeps,
Only took us Four Mages to get the ship down
Milius

Re: [25] I'm on a Boat

Postby Lisath » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:57 am

I still don't knwo what's happening to us. This is a video of what i'm doing everytime :

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=137609

He resets all the time and it's really easy to just have one group camp there and instagib the sorcerer as he pops. For whatever reason, it works everytime on 10-man, and i mean everytime (and we got that achievement on like 40 people including alts with me doing this with my paladin or my DK), so that leads me to think that well... It works. But on 25-man, it never worked.

Of course we could do a multi-groups strategy and it does seem pretty easy to do so, but it's bugging me out that it's valid everytime on 10s and never on 25s. There has to be a reason on that. The 25 achievement could be scripted differently but i just don't see why they would do that. Also, i'm 100% positive that no one goes dumb and goes back and forth between the 2 boats, i just have my group follow me on the first sorcerer and stay there until it's over.

Any idea, anyone ?
Lisath

Postby kovaras » Wed May 26, 2010 9:17 pm

This is my kill video (a bit multilingual) for our Heroic Gunship (10) with 'On the Boat' ach at the same time. Works with 25 Man as well..

It's actually faster and smoother to finish the fight this way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF1HKV7xPk0
kovaras

Postby Mozen » Mon May 31, 2010 8:51 pm

This is what happened yesterday when a few of our raiders told me to go stand there and taunt Saurfang:

I just stayed there the whole fight. He did not get the buff stack at all and couldn't reach me. I can't reach him either. He seems to very slowly and continuously grant equal amounts of threat to everyone onboard his ship, so beyond my first Icy Touch, I didn't have to do anything at all to maintain my threat lead. Ended up spending my time dropping DnD on the Axethrowers.

Our attacking team just stayed on the horde ship and killed Mage > Rocketeer > Axethrower > back to Mage and repeat. As long as they don't do AOE attacks that touch Saurfang, they're completely safe.

Now I know why just about every alliance player has this achievement...

EDIT: it was quite boring. :(

EDIT2: I suppose you could have a ranged (warlock/mage) do this instead. They could keep their DPS on the mage and axethrowers, while you free up a tank to switch to DPS.
Mozen

Postby Dianora » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:42 pm

Mozen wrote:This is what happened yesterday when a few of our raiders told me to go stand there and taunt Saurfang:

I just stayed there the whole fight. He did not get the buff stack at all and couldn't reach me. I can't reach him either. He seems to very slowly and continuously grant equal amounts of threat to everyone onboard his ship, so beyond my first Icy Touch, I didn't have to do anything at all to maintain my threat lead. Ended up spending my time dropping DnD on the Axethrowers.

Our attacking team just stayed on the horde ship and killed Mage > Rocketeer > Axethrower > back to Mage and repeat. As long as they don't do AOE attacks that touch Saurfang, they're completely safe.

Now I know why just about every alliance player has this achievement...

EDIT: it was quite boring. :(

EDIT2: I suppose you could have a ranged (warlock/mage) do this instead. They could keep their DPS on the mage and axethrowers, while you free up a tank to switch to DPS.

Our tanks usually draw straws on who gets to bug out Saurfang. I usually have my dinner on that fight, since I won't be doing anything after he's bugged.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Belloc » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:24 pm

omg, that's beautiful.
Belloc

Postby Shathus » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:36 am

Belloc wrote:omg, that's beautiful.

is there a corresponding location on the alliance airship to do this, or are the alliance just cheating bastards :)
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:59 pm

Mozen wrote:Image

I just stayed there the whole fight. He did not get the buff stack at all and couldn't reach me. I can't reach him either. He seems to very slowly and continuously grant equal amounts of threat to everyone onboard his ship, so beyond my first Icy Touch, I didn't have to do anything at all to maintain my threat lead.

Ive been standing here for months. And the reason he cant hit you is basicly that theres a wall between you.
It says that hes not in line of sight, but you CAN autohit him.
Its just like autohitting people on the other side of the wall (AV for example).
If you just jump, he can sometimes reach you and throw an axe in your face, but i usually just afk the whole fight.
Jump over, get saurfang on you and run around the pole a few times to make sure he gets stuck. Then its just autoattacking while you go do smth else.
Treck

Previous

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel