[25] I'm on a Boat

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] I'm on a Boat

Postby Milius » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:59 am

cant wait to try this \o/
Milius

Postby Wrathy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:51 am

Anorian wrote:last nigh done on 25 no achievement...

Yeah we have tried this four times now, now jumping back and forth, no rocket packs on the enemy ship, etc and no Achievement. Now my assumption is that someone screwed it up, but for now its not worth the headache of going through it on 10 and 25 man versions, and still not getting the achievement.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Ruull » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:28 am

Our suspicion is that a player disconnecting will cause this to bug out. In the 25 raid that we didn't get it we had a tank go offline. In our 10s 2/3 groups did get it and the one with a player DCing didn't get it.

What exactly it registers the DC as I'm not sure but this is the 1 consistency we found between the two. If anyone else can confirm players going offline/not getting it then it might be something to look into.
Ruull, Might - Turalyon - US
Ruull

Postby pulexirae » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:35 am

I just wish it wasn't so damn buggy :( It's annoying to wipe a couple times on something, do it perfectly and still not get what you were supposed to get.
pulexirae

Postby Belloc » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:42 pm

Some people say that soulstones, battle rez, feign death and such will break the achievement.

IMO, it's just bugged. Feel free to try it, since it doesn't hinder your ability to beat the encounter.
Belloc

Postby Veilan » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:33 pm

For completeness' sake I have to add:

I'm on a boat, I'm on a boat, everybody look at me 'cause I'm sailing on a boat.
Last edited by Veilan on Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ythalaine - Die Aldor EU
Veilan

Postby fafhrd » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:12 pm

ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby heuvarius » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:18 am

We went with 3 tank 6 heal rest dps for this fight.

All the cannons are assigned to melee dps, and ranged will be killing the riflemens across the boat whenever a mage is not up. Adds on our boat gets dps'ed by the remaining melee dps and anyone who is free.

DPS and tanks get split into 3 even groups and jump over one group at a time

We have our 3 tank healers (pally X2 + disc priest) stand on the edge of boat between the middle cannons and never jump across, the tank on the enemy boat sits on the opposite edge so they are within range.

first 2 groups jump when the first/second mage spawns and retreat as soon as the mage is dead. The last group, with our best geared tank, will jump over and tank until both the 3rd and the 4th mage are dead. We chained a few CDs towards the end for the last tank. (HoSalv glyph, PSupp, imp LoH, shieldwall) I also had a hunter in the last group for deterence to buy some time if the tank died, but that wasn't needed at all.
Best looking Femtaur-din in the game.
heuvarius

Postby Avengeance » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:56 pm

We do it simpler than that by just having 2 teams of 1 tank + 6-7 dps taking turns in jumping over.

We have a 3rd tank full time tanking on our boat. Team 1 jumps over on first sorc, and stay there until 2nd one is dead, team 2 jump over when 3rd spawns and stay til 4th dies. While the dpsers on enemy boat are waiting for 2nd sorc to spawn, they just run around killing random npcs they see. Cannon users are Team 2 dpsers at first, then team 1 for final part, didnt really assign particular people, just told them to do their own shit whatever they like as long as noone jumps over more than once. Tank dmg is quite easy even in final part before the whole team jumps back - just used shieldwall + a sac from a holy pala. It hits harder on warrior tanks tho, but they are always paper compared to palas....
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Milius » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:12 pm

fun achievement is fun, :>
Milius

Postby Kihra » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:26 am

We nearly got this with just one trip over and no rotations last night. I went over when the first mage came out and then just tanked through three mages. The enemy boat had a tiny little sliver of health by the time the fourth mage came out and froze the cannons. :(

We mix alts/mains and do two runs unfortunately. If we'd had a run of all mains, the DPS would have killed the mages faster, and the cannons would have gotten enough DPS time to finish the boat off before the fourth mage came out.

I think the easiest way to do this achievement (especially as people get more 264 gear) is with one tank staying through three mages and then just having good DPS on the mages and excellent cannoneers.
Kihra

Postby Belloc » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:59 pm

Kihra wrote:We nearly got this with just one trip over and no rotations last night. I went over when the first mage came out and then just tanked through three mages. The enemy boat had a tiny little sliver of health by the time the fourth mage came out and froze the cannons. :(

We mix alts/mains and do two runs unfortunately. If we'd had a run of all mains, the DPS would have killed the mages faster, and the cannons would have gotten enough DPS time to finish the boat off before the fourth mage came out.

I think the easiest way to do this achievement (especially as people get more 264 gear) is with one tank staying through three mages and then just having good DPS on the mages and excellent cannoneers.
Why not just switch tanks and bring a second team over?
Belloc

Postby Kihra » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:07 pm

Belloc wrote:
Kihra wrote:We nearly got this with just one trip over and no rotations last night. I went over when the first mage came out and then just tanked through three mages. The enemy boat had a tiny little sliver of health by the time the fourth mage came out and froze the cannons. :(

Why not just switch tanks and bring a second team over?

Yeah that works. I was just pointing out that eventually as people gear up this achievement will happen naturally without really even trying for it.
Kihra

Postby Arjuna » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:56 pm

I tried tanking two "mage sessions" today...ouch that hurt!

at the end he was up at a stack of 35 and the healers couldn't keep me up anymore...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Aubade » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:50 pm

Kihra. I find it hard to believe you're staying through 3 mage sessions on 25M. What kind of a cooldown rotation are you using and at what point do you start using it?
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel