[25]Lady Deathwhisper

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25]Lady Deathwhisper

Postby Doxa » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:14 am

So how many total dps are you having stay on the boss full-time vs. switching to the adds then?
Tanking Trash on Doxa with Consecration(Rank3) Since 2007, on Doxah with Thunderclap since 2009 and on Doxeh with Death and Decay since 2010

Meanwhile, pulling DPS from fire with life-grip on Enlight and throwing lightning on Pneuma.
Doxa
Maintankadonor

Postby Rickter » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:04 am

True FULL time DPS on boss is only 1-2 melee that we can spare depending on melee heavy or not DPS makeup.

ALL casters will be primarily on boss, except for when hunter's MD is needed, and switch to Reanimated's and Deformed's.

It's one of those fights that you'll struggle a few attempts (think it took us 5 or so), but then from then on out is just fairly easy and you wonder how you stuggled on it to begin with.

Here's a parse of our down on Tuesday if it helps any of you guys.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/10484684#damageout
Rickter

Postby Avengeance » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:10 pm

I think people are making this fight more complicated than needed. For us we just put all casters on the boss (not included hunters), melee are on free-for-all duty (i.e. we dont assign them, they go whatever side they like). 2 best tanks tanking sides, 1 tank tanking the back (and pulls that add to left side). Melee + hunter rape the adds rather fast without even the need to assign kill order or marks or anything, we dont even care about their buffs.

When they get resurrected, the tanks will mark the Reanimated Fanatic (immune to melee dmg one), and call on vent for casters to throw a few spells at it. We dont kite it or anything, a shaman/mage will purge/spellsteal the vamp buff and just tank him like normal (his dmg isnt anywhere life threatening to a full 258 tank), then the melee just proceeeds to kill the rest. You get around 10 secs of free time where melee have nothing to do, and we dont recommend them to dps the boss since it's too much running, so they just wait at one side and rest up for next wave.

When P2 is about to start, we check the next wave spawn timer and shield %, if a spawn is imminent we stop dps and let next wave spawn and all dps kills it quickly.

Mind controls = usual sheep, cyclone, fear etc, altho cyclone is the best method since its unbreakable and wont kill the MCed guy (which is quite often if a MCed guy is melee and he proceeds to die to bladestorm, divine storm and the like.

As soon as P2 starts, we send our kickers on boss straight away to avoid tank jib. Everyone clears all adds, spread around, profit.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Threatco » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:57 pm

I think My groups DPS may have been to low because we had the tanks with aggro on deformed fanatics kite them, which made melee have to stop dps to avoid erratic cleaves. Ill have a hunter or holy pal to pull them out this time. I will assign interupts on all 3 casters for their shield (dont bother interupting shadow bolt).

I will have a misdirect for the add from the stairs instead of his own tank. And DK's to death grip the 2nd caster onto the 1st.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Ismet » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:14 pm

We´re still wiping on this encounter... yesterday for 4 hours straight

We dont have any problems with P1, but plain and simple our dps is too low. In every try we reached P2 but werent able to finish her off. Maybe the best was 67% while tanking her in enraged.

Its frustrating because most of our casters, which stay on boss have BiS-items but still cant dps enough. I could switch to ret-specc (though my dps-gear is ulduarlvl at best) for trying this with 2 Tanks, but that still wouldnt add the dmg we need. :roll:
Ismet

Postby Arcia » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:03 am

Ismet wrote:We dont have any problems with P1, but plain and simple our dps is too low. In every try we reached P2 but werent able to finish her off. Maybe the best was 67% while tanking her in enraged.

How many dps'ers do you have assigned to the different sides? how fast are you clearing the add waves? how much time do you ussualy have to the next wave after killing off the adds?

We had some problems with this one aswell but after figuring out how many dps'ers we needed for each side she went down.

We go with 2 tanks, the add from the stairs are misdirected to one of the tanks by a hunter.

We have 4 physical dps per side (ussualy 3 melee and 1 hunter each), this is ussualy all the physical dps we have in the raid, rest are casters.

Casters are on the boss until we get something that is nearly immune to physical or a deformed (that gets kited), this gets called out on vent and they ussualy die fast.

If for some reason we get behind on adds we pop bloodlust.

If we manage to kill the adds really fast melee runs to help with the boss though ussually the can only stay for a couple of seconds before they need to get into position for adds again.

Also, in P2, make sure to move from the ghosts!
While tanking in P2 I move the boss away from spawning ghosts just to make it abit easier for the melee to avoid them, there will be a pink/purple beam of light where the adds spawn so watch out for that!

Next time I'll try the tactic with getting the adds to the boss, sounds intresting.

Btw, is there any easy way to quickly see if an add get the healing buff? will they get some sort of visible effect on them or something?
Arcia

Postby kanst » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:57 am

I think the problem for a lot of groups is coordination.

We wiped like 5 times in an alt run on this fight. In reality 6 dps can kill ALL the adds easy if they are working together. The key is to stress kill orders, you cant leave them alive because then they transform and you have to kill them again. Typical raid for us is 3 tanks, 6 heals, 16 dps, with all melee on adds (except mut rogues they go on boss) and all ranged on boss. That normally leaves us a feral druid, warrior, ret, 2 dks, enhance shammy, and combat rogue to kill adds and we have no problem. DPS just need to make sure they are all on the same target. For us we always kill the casters first on each side.

Also make sure to remind your melee to keep busy, they should never be standing around. If their adds are dead go help kill the other side, if all the adds are dead go hit the boss.

Ranged should be able to straight nuke the boss unless there is a physical immune mob then they ALL switch and nuke that mob down.
kanst

Postby Threatco » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:30 pm

We got it today.

I have 1 thing to say to people wiping on this.

*** ASSIGN PEOPLE TO INTERUPT SHROUD OF THE OCCULT ***

When the casters can't put this up, this fight becomes a joke.

Also, if you don't have an enhance shamman at melee to watch for it, assign someone to dispelling empowered melee. This also makes a giant difference.

Without their shield or their healing ability, they drop like flies. Even with (9+) ranged on boss full time except for called switches to deformed/reanimated fanatics, the melee were still sitting around with nothing to do and even sometimes with 5-10 seconds on boss between waves.

I am 100% sure this was entirely the reason we were wiping last week, god damn fucking Shroud of the Occult. ( We were wiping with 0 DPS on boss, everyone on adds, not even making it past the 4th wave, yes, that big of a difference)

Now if only I can figure out a better strat for Saurfang... :(
Threatco

Postby Arcia » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:22 pm

Threatco wrote:*** ASSIGN PEOPLE TO INTERUPT SHROUD OF THE OCCULT ***

I'll have to make sure our enchancement shammys pay more attention, maybe we can cut down on the number of dps'ers assinged to the adds.

Threatco wrote:Now if only I can figure out a better strat for Saurfang... :(

Try the tactic where you just let the marked players die, we got our first kill using that tactic yesterday, I cant believe how easy it was, we ended up one shotting him and getting the achievement.
Arcia

Postby Threatco » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:28 pm

Remeber to assign 4 people. 1 for each possible caster spawn.

2 on the right side, 1 on the left side, and 1 to watch the back incase a caster spawns there.

These 4 should stick on their casters like glue from the second they spawn until dead, Interupt shroud of the occult, ignore shadowbolts.

The 1 enhance shammy is for purge/dispell on the only abilitie that can be dispelled, MELEE FANATICS "EMPOWERED" BUFF.

You only need 1 since they should be able to tab target through all existing melee and solo purge/dispell all of them, as long as he knows it's his job to do so.

We had no enhance shaman, so as a spriest I had do it which dropped my dps on the boss a little.

As for saurfang, I won't hijack the thread, the details of my misadventures are all posted in the 25 man saurfang thread. :(
Threatco

Postby Ciremo » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:55 am

Apart from the things already posted, we found it was easier if simply everyone nuked the shit out of the adds. This left us with 15+ seconds for everyone to nuke the boss after every wave. It worked out great and the last phase was cake.
Ciremo

Postby Sinnegorth » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:56 pm

I'm pulling my hair out on this one. As the GL and MT of our guild my dps'ers feel like they are back in blues.

Lots of good info though. especially about purging and spellsteal. Hafta try this out - maybe some cc too
Sinnegorth

Postby Threatco » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:09 pm

I don't suggest CC.

Melee DPS should focus down EMPOWERED ADHERENTS asap. These are what kill you raid. The buff can not be purged/spell stolen. Even though melee attack EVERYTHING except Reanimated Fanatics, they should prioritize EMPOWERED ADHERENTS as they are the only ones causing the significant raid damage.

Also what ever person you assgined to that adherent to interupt SHROUD OF THE OCCULT can help by interupting the empowered shadowbolts too, since it's not like they spam cast shroud.
Threatco

Postby Fenris » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:25 pm

After 2 reset of one-shot kills,seems this week there is no way to kill her...

Why?Well,to keep it short all the casters seem to like chain-casting the shroud (some directly spawn and shroud themselves after half a second,then keep doing it)....No way our dps manage to keep up with it

So...Did they change something in the fight,or are we just unlucky?
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Ezharon » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:37 pm

Threatco wrote:I have 1 thing to say to people wiping on this.

*** ASSIGN PEOPLE TO INTERUPT SHROUD OF THE OCCULT ***

When the casters can't put this up, this fight becomes a joke.

I'd like to kown how you manage to interrup shroud of the occult ? It's instant, used randomly and it can not be interrupted according to wowhead ! (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=70768)
Loatr Tankadin since patch 1.9
Ezharon

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel