Remove Advertisements

[25]Lady Deathwhisper

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25]Lady Deathwhisper

Postby Dantriges » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:26 pm

We´ve git massive problems with the adds. After transformation the zombies killed tanks, caster nuked adds, We had melee on primary kill duty with casters helping out, against physical immune mobs.
Dantriges

Re: Lady Deathwhisper[25]

Postby Apollya » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:10 pm

Watch the tank spot video tbh.

We used DK tank on right side 2xCaster +1x Melee adds
Warr tank on left side 2xMelee + 1xCaster adds.
And me at the back on the random add from stairs.

We split our melee dps evenly and had them nuke all the adds down from the 2 sides.

If an add came from stairs I silenced it (shield or torrent) and pulled it to middle of the room (if poss). Once positioned I called on vent and all ranged turned nuked it. similarly if a Melee add is resurected it was called on vent (including where it was) and all ranged immediately nuked it.

Issue with the adds being ressed is the Caster ones become immune to caster dmg and the melee ones immune to melee dmg. So if they are immune to physical just need to have casters ready to kill it real fast. Don't think we had any issues from mobs getting away from tanks and running to ranged, i certainly didn't. We also had tanks pop cooldowns when tanking the ressed zombies.

I was also responsible for range taunting all MC'd adds before they were CC'd so that they didn't run off and gib healers

Worked very well for us with like 8(ish) melee and the rest ranged, with like 6 healers.

Was a one shot too.

GL
Apollya

Postby Arcia » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:58 pm

Apollya, so your ranged was on the boss until you got a physical immune add?
Arcia

Postby Roots » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:24 am

We worked it 2 tank style: 2 melee groups split on either side, me (bear) on the 2xmelee 1xcaster side pally on 2xcaster 1xmelee side. Melee focused on melee first, casters dpsed boss. On Reanimation or that mutated thing, Target was marked and focused (in case of melee Reanimated, called for magic on vent) The add in the back melee from both sides went back and just blew it up. The biggest part we focused was on interrupting untanked range (back one and sometimes one on the side) and fast focusing the Reanimated add

hilarious to see almost all of the casters riding well above both tanks for all of p2
Roots

Postby Xfighter » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:00 pm

My guild just downed this last night.

Some highlights of what we did:
-3x Tanks, could be done with 2 but 3 is for more control.
-1 Tank on each of the right, left, and back sides.
-Tank on each side is responsible for marking any Deformed/Reanimated adds that pop up.

On the left side (2x melee + 1x caster):
-We had 2 melee (One a ret pally and one a warrior) & a ele Shaman. All of them would burn down the ranged add first, then all swap and burn down the melee. If one became Deformed/Reanimated (or empowered in the casters case) a mark would go up and the DPS on that side would burn it down. If a melee add became deformed, a mark would go up and a call would be made on vent for casters to swap over and nuke it down ASAP. (since when deformed + buffed we had a few cases of them hitting for upwards of 30k in one hit)
-If any of the adds got the damage buff our DPS warrior would mark it and call for a purge from the shaman.
-If all adds were dead on the side, the shaman would go help out our ranged on the boss till the new set came. And if there was a lot of time left after the adds down, the melee would also help on the boss, or sprint over to help the right side if they needed help.

On the right side (2x caster + 1x melee)
-We put 2, maybe 3 melee on this side (pure melee classes), with a mage in charge of spell-stealing any of the damage buffs (lack of classes able to purge) and if the mage needed help, a spriest that was on the boss would pop a mass dispel.
-The tank on this side would mark primary kill targets. If the melee was reanimated range would be asked to swap to it and nuke it.

In the back (random):
-Tank and one melee.
-Would call out if help was needed.

This left 6-7 ranged I believe that focused primarily on the boss. When marks went up & call was made on vent for help, they would swap & burn the called mark. (The right and left sides had 2 available marks each (one for kill target one for purge) and the right side had the same. Back had one.

Doing it this way we got the kill after 3-4 attempts using this strat, and after about 2 hours overall. Kill was at the 9-min mark, 1-min before enrage. In the coming weeks as people are more used to the strat, it'll start going significantly better I think.

For phase 2 it was pretty much a standard tank and spank DPS race with 2 tanks swapping at 3 stacks I believe, and 1 just prot-DPSing as back up in case one of the other tanks went down, but in the two attempts at phase 2 it was a non issue of tanks dying. Only thing you need to be careful of in phase 2 is if a melee gets MC'd, because of the rest of the melee's cleaves. Make a note to your melee to be careful while a DPS is MC'd near them.

I hope this helps people working on this encounter. The major factor in this fight is having a decent amount of melee. 5-6 as a minimum, and preferably 6-7, it just makes things amazingly easier.
Xfighter

Postby Hebberig » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:43 am

Hi all,

We tried this boss on 25 man (the 10 man is surprisingly easier and took us only 4 tries the first time we saw her) yesterday and we have some trouble getting a good lock down. The first 2 waves of adds seem to go well enough but when an add transforms it usually goes down fast.

We have the left side (2x fanatic and 1 adherent) covered by our bear tank and the right side covered by me. The stairs is watched by a warrior tank. The bear is sometimes almost one shotted by an fanatic that is turned into a zombie (which happens pretty quickly and hits hard). Also I'm not sure how to get grips with the caster mobs as they refuse to move unless I completely run into an alcove which is dangerous as healers can't always reach me or the death and decay could strike there and you're locked in. We often had the warrior got an zombie or transformed fanatic which would not get downed quickly enough and started killing everything in it's path.

Does anyone have tips how get more control on this fight? For example how to split your dps across sides (we got 3 melee dps on each side and the hunters on lone mob in the back when needed)

Any tips are welcome.
[url=http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alonsus&n=Wahwah]
Hebberig

Postby bashef » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:47 am

Far and away the biggest issue is the deformed fanatics; they hit very hard, and put a nasty healing buff on their targets too. The key is to kite them rather than stand and tank them (they move very slowly). We dealt with them by having one of our hunters watch for them, distracting shot them from range, and shout on vent, at which point ranged would switch off the boss and nuke them. They died in a couple seconds.

Other than that, we had three melee on each side (ret DK arms warrior one side, kitty DK enhance shammy other) with one caster for each side assigned to help when asked on melee immune adds, two tanks, and two melee who would start at the back of the room (rogue and fury warrior) who would nuke the caster add if it popped up there (the warrior just dps tanked it and they both interrupted). The couple of times it looked like we might be struggling, just call on vent for ranged to switch off the boss and nuke adds which clears up in a few seconds. The key is two tanks that understand the dangerous adds, dps that assist and focus on burning the right stuff first, and good communication.

P2 is very straightforward once you get P1 sorted.
bashef

Re: [25]Lady Deathwhisper

Postby Xfighter » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:55 pm

Whenever we got a deformed fnatic, it was marked by a tank and then called on vent for ranged to quickly swap and help nuke it, no kiting needed. It'd die very quickly.

They were capable of hitting for 30-35k I believe when deformed & had the buff on them, so purges should be at the ready for it. Tanks should be aware of their health/damage intake/healing being received, and be the judge on whether or not to pop a CD.
Xfighter

Postby Threatco » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:21 pm

My guilds second run / semi pug got rolled by this place (for 3 hours). I suspect the main issue was lack of purges.

Basicly killing them fast enough is easy. It's random RAID damage that kills people.

And it's not death and decay. It seems the physical immune adds make warrior tanking and magic immune adds make paladin tanking difficult to hold aggro.

Can the immune shields be purged? Or just the damage buff?

How do tanks hold aggro on add immune to their threat.

Thanks.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby ydraw » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:03 am

Use abilities that provide bonus threat + taunts. They are not actually immune to these abilities, they take 99% less damage, so the bonus threat will still be applied. As long as they are being focus fired they will die before DPS pulls aggro off you.
ydraw

Postby Niinbob » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:43 am

I can't say I had real problems holding aggro on anything, although we had almost full ilvl 258 geared dps in the raid so it may just have been them dying really fast. From what I saw in the 10 and 25 man there were not very many Physical Immune mobs to deal with and the couple there were I would just taunt/FFF and the dps would focus them down.
Niinbob

Postby glorfindell » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:15 pm

Threatco wrote:My guilds second run / semi pug got rolled by this place (for 3 hours). I suspect the main issue was lack of purges.

Which mobs can be purged/dispelled and which can't? We only had an hour last week to try this boss in a mostly pugged 25, and it seemed our ranged was having a hard time dps'ing the regular adherents, and were actually dieing to spell reflects (lol). Do the regular adherents have a purgable damage shield? I was tanking the left side, and my melee dps would blow up the single adherent while I picked up the fanatics, so I couldn't tell. The DK tank on the other side seemed to think that the (non-reanimated) adherents would cast a non-dispellable shield a few seconds after spawning that only the melee could beat through.

We switched to only having melee dps kill adherents and only ranged on fanatics after that, but I think that strategy led to us having not enough dps on the boss.
glorfindell

Postby Wrathy » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:52 pm

There are quite a few things happening during this fight that may start to seem like one problem over and over again. The adds can have a multitude of things happen to them / buff them and as a tank, identifying what is going on and calling out what needs to happen is essential to add management. The three things that I can think of off the top of my head for dps switching and raid announce are as follows:

Damage Shields - The adds can place a damage shield on them, and you will see a lot of Absorbs. This shield will have a significant amount of health, and will have to be dpsed down in order to kill the add.

Healing Debuf - The adds can place a debuf on them that will heal them whenever you do damage to them. This is the buff that needs to be dispelled ASAP. If you do not dispell this, the add will just sit at full health as you pound away at it.

Resistant to melee/magic - The most obvious is that the adds will have a "cloak" on them that makes them almost totally resistant to physical or magical damage. As a tank this should be very easy to figure out. If your white damage is hitting for 4, you are attacking a melee resistant mob. These have to be called out and dpsed down with the appropriate type of damage

empower/deformed adds - periodically adds will get empowered. There are two types of adds, Empowered which are casters and deformed which are melee. Both of them do a significant amount of damage and should be kited and made the DPS's number 1 priority.

The problem is that some of these abilities will be mixed up by the dps if they are just tab targeting through, or not paying enough attention. As long as you can, as a tank, communicate the different buffs and what needs to happen, the adds should be smoother.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby glorfindell » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:32 pm

Thanks for the info Wrathy. Also looking at Xfighter and bashef's posts it looks like our right side could have just needed more melee.

We had the left side pretty much on lockdown, but the damage shielded adherents on the right side seemed to have been causing the biggest problems since that side seemed to have been getting overrun after a couple of waves. We had 3 melee on each side, but I think a mutilate rogue and a kitty were on the boss, due to "not having enough burst to be worth it on the adds". Either way, it looks like the fight is similar to Thorim, where once you get the dps assignments soreted out the rest of the execution of the fight becomes much easier.
glorfindell

Postby Threatco » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:36 pm

Can those buffs stack on an add?

Can non deformed/empowered adds get the resist shield?

We usualy wipe because an empowered adherent has a paladin tank on him. He throws up magic resist shield and or damage absorb shield, then the paladin cant keep threat over healers.

Or normal adds get a damage absorb shield and until that is down the tanks can't put threat on them, and they kill a healer or the first DPS to get a crit after the shield breaks.

I can only assume that adds killing healers means a tank problem. It's not the cleave damage, or the DnD damaage or random boss shadowbolts, it's the instant gibs from aggro.

How can tanks get threat on mobs with immunity (paladins rely on magic threat) or when they absorb damage. Or worse when a tank has to kite a deformed fanatic, and then adds spawn. Oh noes the tank is not in position!
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel