[ICC-10] Looking for info about trash.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [ICC-10] Looking for info about trash.

Postby Arjuna » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:09 am

Meloree wrote:They're pretty harmless, though.

not when only 3 of you are past the neo frogger, and none of those are healers...and we had two valkyr...so 12 mobs in total...

was a bit hectic i can say, hehe

But good to know they are 5 in 25-man and doesnt do much.

How do they behave? Like on the last boss in OK or? I didn't have time to check them out...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Meloree » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:40 am

They spawn copies of people who do about what you'ld expect based on spec (I think). They all have threat tables, they can be rounded up and aoe'd. It can be tough to pick out the healers, everything spawns with the same name.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:17 am

rathe wrote:Definitely enjoying this trash more than just aoe-ing everything down.

As for [avoiding spoiler] they either weren't eating the zombies on 25 man, or we killed the zombies too fast to worry. We did consider that too but didn't seem to happen.

according to Tankspot videos, Precious spawns zombies, but does not eat them.
Stinky doesnt spawn zombie

Njall wrote:We sent in a stealthed kitty. He set off the traps and was able to escape unscathed - usually. If not, he died and the mob reset. If everyone stays back behind the archway, the giants simply patrol around the room and can be taunted and killed one at a time by pulling them through the archway into the next room. Be careful not to take them too far as they have very, very short leashes and will reset a very small distance past the arch.

i havent raided this yet for bosses, just some rep trash clears
wat we have always done was send a stealthed rogue in to hunt them out, they ping the map where the traps are, we clear out around the traps using ranged pulls(HoR, AS, Heroic Throw, wat ever you got) to pull mobs away from said traps

then trip them with the rogue (or a lock :twisted: ) and pull the skele when he pats by the arch

it takes about 3 1/2 runs to get friendly as a human so about 4 runs for everyone else
if you all know wat yuour doing and the pattern to pull in, you can do a clear in about 30 min

we get to the first arch, pull the patting pack, hunt for traps, pull left side (theres a pack of skellies behind the wall on both sides right beside the casters) then we send rogue to hunt that side for traps if both arent found

pull and LoS the spider around the pillar, then pull the skellies

repeat on other side, then some options

A) are the traps found?
if yes go to B, if no find them any way possible
B) are they traps tripped?
if yes, you probably wiped unless everyone knows to run back to entrance
if no your in good shape
C) options time

you can either trip one or both traps and kill big guys or leave traps and pull center pack of i think 6 or 8

then i would do the other, the skellies go down fairly easily and give loads of rep

then its just the final 6 run out and reset

rinse and repeat until your tired of it and wanna do something productive :twisted:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Cheroz » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:45 am

Yeah last Tuesday was blast. We are a 10's only guild and we cleared the first wing with no wipes so we had 45mins or so to see the new wing. The entrance is hillarious, but there were like 5 of us that got through the first time unscathed....well we positoned ourselves a little down the walkway (which seemed clear of anything) and proceeded to mock/make fun of all that died in the doorway. About 20 secs went by and we got jumped by a valkerie. Then a healer got jumped by the little images, so I was left to solo tank them all and prayed to hold on while two of our healers (who I was previously making fun of) hurriedly made their way through the frogger event. Needless to say, was a ton of fun actually and we all had a good laugh.
We had no experience of the PTR nor had I read anything about the two mini bosses leading up to fester/rot. We pulled stinky first and got owned. I, being the smart guy that I am, said I would tank him in the corner next tim and bubble/taunt, while the rest of the raid LOS him around the corner. Everyone in the raid still gets devastated regardless of where they are. So just stack/tank/heal and pray on stinky. On two real tries we got him to 500k left with our raid dps doing about 6k dps with ten man gear (that was without heroism.)
Cheroz

Postby Chicken » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:50 am

Meloree wrote:They spawn copies of people who do about what you'ld expect based on spec (I think). They all have threat tables, they can be rounded up and aoe'd. It can be tough to pick out the healers, everything spawns with the same name.
The copies of people are also all considered to be undead, so they're easy to pick up (and make temporarily harmless) with Holy Wrath.
Chicken

Postby Senador » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:11 am

They spawn copies of people who do about what you'ld expect based on spec (I think).

Then clearly my copy was confused, as all it did was spam Flash of Light...

The only things we had issues with in the trash were our DPS being terrible and letting Blight Bomb go off once, watching Stinky kill half the raid and the fact that one of the rogues ran off and triggered the geist trap while we were all standing on their spawn point and having them insta agro everyone (Our rogues are REALLY bad about spotting traps the size of a lunar crater before they actually set them off)
Senador

Postby Arjuna » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:46 am

festergut and rotface down in 10-man...

this is what I found out so far atleast about the trash: (not counting precious and stinky)
the valkyr spawn the copies periodically, we tried nuking down the valkyr first, but got too many healing copies that healed it and suddenly we had a small army of copies that was healing around...took us ages to nuke them down, lol

at the door with the aboms, there is a patrol just inside...something explodes and kills people when it dies...think it's the bigger plague guys...small gnome adds make people into slime blobs, hehe

Big guy on top of stairs is just tank and spank, has a regularly used knockback so tank against the wall...

there is one trap (similar to the ones before marrowgar) on the way to rotface and one on the way to festergut, the traps spawn a ton of elites from the "entrance" to the quarter. Aoe ftw!

Questions:
Any difference in the 25-man since I haven't been there properly yet?

Do the copies have different health/mana depending on who they copy and what skills do they use/class?

Who exactly is it that explodes and when? I assume its the plague guys when they die, but we never did find that out...

edit: spelling...
Last edited by Arjuna on Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Chicken » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:23 am

Arjuna wrote:Questions:
Any difference in the 25-man since I haven't been there properly yet?
It's the same except with higher damage/health on the mobs, the only real difference is that the Val'kyr spawn a lot more copies.

Arjuna wrote:Do the copies have different health/mana depending on who they copy and what skills do they use/class?
As far as I can tell the copies always have the same health/mana, which skills they get depends on what class they were copied from. It doesn't check people's spec though, Shaman adds will always spam Lightning Bolts, Paladin adds will always spam Flash of Light, etc.

Arjuna wrote:Who exactly is it that explodes and when? I assume its the plague guess when they die, but we never did find that out...
Pustulating Horror, not sure on the exact amount of health, but it's fairly low. Probably 20-25%.
Chicken

Postby Luthais » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:14 am

Shathus wrote:I won't spoil it for people who haven't seen it yet (unless someone else cares to) but we all go a big laugh on vent after killing Saurfang, and going through to the new wing and half the raid dying to the new frogger.

My guild calls it Fogger...
Luthais <Pirates With No Pants> - Uther (US)
Luthais

Postby Wrathy » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:24 pm

Luthais wrote:My guild calls it Fogger...

ROFL i like that.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:50 pm

Luthais wrote:
Shathus wrote:I won't spoil it for people who haven't seen it yet (unless someone else cares to) but we all go a big laugh on vent after killing Saurfang, and going through to the new wing and half the raid dying to the new frogger.

My guild calls it Fogger...

Straight out of TPM.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Luthais » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:54 am

fuzzygeek wrote:Straight out of TPM.

The only thing I can come up with for this is "The Player's Manual". I just know it has to be something more obvious...
Luthais <Pirates With No Pants> - Uther (US)
Luthais

Postby Ocin » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:12 pm

Slightly off-topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread, are any of you using 2 tanks for 25 man ICC trash?
Ocin

Postby Wrathy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:38 pm

Ocin wrote:Slightly off-topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread, are any of you using 2 tanks for 25 man ICC trash?

We use two tanks just for the fact that we have two tanks in the raid for bosses. I can single tank everyting if I want, and usually have 90% of the adds on me from SoComm Reck bombs and Holy Wrath spams (glyphed). We only use two tanks for the instance, and we didnt see any need to have the other tank go dps just for the first set of trash packs.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Ocin » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:40 pm

Wrathy wrote:
Ocin wrote:Slightly off-topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread, are any of you using 2 tanks for 25 man ICC trash?

We use two tanks just for the fact that we have two tanks in the raid for bosses. I can single tank everyting if I want, and usually have 90% of the adds on me from SoComm Reck bombs and Holy Wrath spams (glyphed). We only use two tanks for the instance, and we didnt see any need to have the other tank go dps just for the first set of trash packs.

Thanks. We have myself and another pally tank and our warrior tank is getting very frustrated on trash. He does great dps though, so I'll ask him to switch. I just didn't want to ask him to switch and then end up with some near wipes on trash.
Ocin

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel