[ICC-10] Looking for info about trash.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[ICC-10] Looking for info about trash.

Postby Shoju » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:05 am

Can anyone tell me about the trash inside ICC? I have heard that it is still faceroll, but I would like to know if there is any trash so far that needs to die first? Tonight is my guilds first forray into the zone, and I only did a Marrowgar PuG on the PTR.

Bonus points if you think about it from the perspective of a 10man guild in 10 man gear :)
Shoju

Re: [ICC-10] Looking for info about trash.

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:15 am

If you have a rogue tell him to dust off Disarm Trap.

What wiped us on trash were the traps that set off a bone sentinel thing with 1.7 million health and a saberlash mechanic. Guild rogue did some research today and saw that they are triggered by a trap and can be disarmed.

The regular trash is generally face rollable. Kill the Skeleton Mage casters first, then the spiders.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:17 am

Flex wrote:If you have a rogue tell him to dust off Disarm Trap.

What wiped us on trash were the traps that set off a bone sentinel thing with 1.7 million health and a saberlash mechanic. Guild rogue did some research today and saw that they are triggered by a trap and can be disarmed.

The regular trash is generally face rollable. Kill the Skeleton Mage casters first, then the spiders.

/cry... both of our rogues are on LoA's until AT LEAST after the holidays. Can you get around them? or is it just a "Sucks to not have a Rogue moment"?
Shoju

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:21 am

You can tell when you tripped the trap because you'll get an 80% movement reduction debuff. If you get that stop what you are doing and move back as a skeleton will spawn shortly.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Rojhaz » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:55 am

We killed the Spiders first so minimal web wraps would go out. The mages can just be turned away from the raid.
Rojhaz

Postby Wrathy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:37 pm

We went into the trash thinking first day Ulduar trash, and CCed a lot of stuff. We found that it was best to keep the Spiders Shackled while we dpsed down the casters first and then the melee. Depending on the number of priests in your raid, you can CC quite a bit of the trash leading up to the first boss. The web wrap is probably the most annoying thing. After that most of the trash is laughable. Our last pull before marrowgar we pulled two sides and a bone senitnel and just AoE'ed it all down.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby fudomyou » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:47 pm

For now, because the giant adds are worth two gold a person and more importantly 75-82.5 rep, we're intentionally setting them off and killing them.

As for the other trash, we focused on the spiders because of dark mending and web wrap. As long as the casters are faced away from the raid for their glacial blasts, they're really not that bad. Also, make sure to have some single target DPS on The Damned, because they will explode for 9-10k damage and having 4 of them blow up at the same time isn't recommended (though it's hilarious).

Also, is there anything to be done about the high priests (on 25) before Deathwhisper other than "heal the shit out of everyone and pray"? That aura is ridiculous. We lose 3 people to it every time.
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Senador » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:35 pm

For the High Priests, we tanked them away from the ranged to avoid extra aura damage. When it casts the debuff, have that person run out, either to the side away from everyone as a melee, or back up the steps as a caster. This cut down a lot of the extra raid damage. The debuff can target pets, so we just had our hunters keep their pets next to them, and then ran up with it if the pet got targeted. Once we did that, we had no issues with these at all.
Senador

Postby Arcia » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:53 pm

Most trash so far seems really easy and its not really worth it to cc, the packs are standing really close to each other though so we use alot of los pulls to get them away from the other packs.

We used got the casters/healers down first and interupted dark mending.
Arcia

Postby Nekkos » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:31 am

Was it actually a saber lash like Marrowgar has or just a cleave? I only tanked them in 10 as we were able to avoid spawning them in 25.
Nekkos

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:22 am

Pretty sure it's just a cleave, tanked it on 25 with no one else in front of the mob and didn't notice any large spikes.
Rhiannon

Postby Flex » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:05 am

Nekkos wrote:Was it actually a saber lash like Marrowgar has or just a cleave? I only tanked them in 10 as we were able to avoid spawning them in 25.

We found it easier to keep the tanks alive when two were in front of him.
Flex

Postby Blackharon » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:28 am

I was watching thier ToT bar specifically and was under the impression it was a patchwerkesque mechanic (turns and smacks the 2nd highest on threat)

Though I could have been looking at it the wrong way and the people who died were all standing in front. I'll see when I go into 10man tonight.
The Cat's out of the bag!
Pickpawcket for iPhone and iPad
http://www.pickpawcket.com
Blackharon

Postby Flex » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:35 am

Blackharon wrote:I was watching thier ToT bar specifically and was under the impression it was a patchwerkesque mechanic (turns and smacks the 2nd highest on threat)

Though I could have been looking at it the wrong way and the people who died were all standing in front. I'll see when I go into 10man tonight.

It may also be that.

I'll revise. We found it easier when they were double tanked.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:43 am

Trash was fun. We alternated between shackling the spiders and the mages to figure out which we liked better. The raid was split on which went easier. The real killer is when you just pull a pack of trash and then a stupid bone guy shows up. That was brutal. Mainly with the spell lockout the first couple of times when people didn't understand what they were doing.
Shoju

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel