Remove Advertisements

[10] Lady Deathwhisper

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Lady Deathwhisper

Postby Maddok » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:18 am

Ended up with horrible class balance (physical vs. magical dps) last night due to some of my regulars not being able to make it. Specifically I ended up with exactly 1 "physical" dps, a DK, and it made this fight nightmare. Our shaman dual specced to enhance to try and help out but since a good portion of his damage is still lightning bolt it didn't help all that much.

My usual 10s make up is far from ideal but its just something to do when we aren't doing 25s.

Usually I have:
Tankadins x 2

Full Time DPS
DK x 1
Rogue x 1
Warlock x3

Healers DPS as needed
Shaman, Druid, Priest

Last night I didn't have the rogue and ended up grabbing a mage due to no one else being available.

Anybody have insight? Will two physical dps magically make this easier?

Our Affliction Lock was also having good success with dotting her up then draining mana.
Maddok

Re: [10] Lady Deathwhisper

Postby serenitee » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:41 am

While I can't say for certain since we've only done this fight once, we beat our heads against a wall for a bit getting the strat right, but once we figured it out, it was actually very very easy.

Unfortunately, I'd have to say 2-3 melee dps is almost necessary, or at least a physical dmg class like a hunter.

What we did: All casters focus on getting her shield off. Melee dps/hunter(s) focus on getting adds down. Tank has to pick up the melee add(s) and the dps picks off the casters 1st, then proceed to rip up the melee mob. Once we got a rotation down, we'd clear the mobs in 30 sec on each side leaving the melee/hunter(s) time to flip to dps'ing the shield for 20 sec or so before they ran off to the other side to beat on the adds again. Rinse repeat. We went through 4 or 5 waves of adds and honestly made it look easy once we finally got the melee to focus. The only catch is when the big deformed guys come out, ranged casters HAVE to flip to them and tank has to kite them, we had me and our other tank just taunt slap them back and forth across the room. It also helps to have casters flip to the big skeleton mobs that are immune to melee dps when they manage to get reanimated.

Good luck!
serenitee

Postby Rothes » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:58 am

I also had very low physical dps... we could keep the adds in check but had almost no time to hit the boss. We made it to phase to at the exact same time she enraged (10 min in). We tried for 1.5 hours then stopped. I honestly think it requires way to specific of a raid makeup for a 10 man normal boss and expect it to be nerfed slightly.
Rothes - Protection Paladin - Bloodscalp
"When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you."
--Lao Tzu
Rothes

Postby Ocin » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:39 am

I don't think it needs being nerfed just yet. Players just need to get used to which mob does what and adjust. There's no MCs or back stair mob, so it's not that hard, just takes some practice.

One thing I haven't figured out, is how to keep the boss on you in phase 2 until the other tank is freed up from the last of the mobs. I noticed I had to taunt the hell out of her to keep her on me due to her debuff. It might be as simple as just spamming reckoning though.
Ocin

Postby Wrathy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:32 pm

I just tanked the boss with the adds on me. Ideally once we get a bit more practice, you will time the transition to P2 in between adds, but until then you have to deal. But yeah I agree that once you have that stack up on you, your dps is going to pull pretty quickly. The best course of action is probably have the other tank pop cool downs and tank everything for a bit.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Euphoria » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:23 pm

I just taunted her off of the dps in P1 as she was going into P2 and made everybody but the rogues swap to the adds. The rogues then vanished and I had a million or so point lead on aggro over the two of them. He stopped her casting while the adds died.

Obviously won't work if you're short a rogue but a hunter could FD and a warlock can shatter for similar effect. Our poor SP was having hell with the aggro on that fight though.

Makeup was

Tank: Prot pally/Feral (he took the adds)

Healers: Holy Pally/Tree/Disc priest (skilled but very undergeared, long story)

DPS: Blood DK/Rogue/Rogue/SP/Aff lock
Euphoria

Postby Arcia » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:38 pm

We had more then 1 physical dps when we did this but we just had all of our dps nuke down the adds as soon as they spawned, they died so fast they never caused any problem and I never even noticed if anyone of them got empowered, we didnt have any adds up when we got to P2.

Once you get to P2 the fight should be more or less over though, as long as the frostbolts gets interupted.
Arcia

Postby Dragondin » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:22 am

Ocin wrote:One thing I haven't figured out, is how to keep the boss on you in phase 2 until the other tank is freed up from the last of the mobs. I noticed I had to taunt the hell out of her to keep her on me due to her debuff. It might be as simple as just spamming reckoning though.

lets the dps stop at ~5% mana and kill all remaining adds befor you finish off the mana and go in phase 2. so you have both tanks on her and both can generate aggro. at some point one tank overtaking the other tank because of the debuff.

But, the boss isn't tauntimmun?
Dragondin

Postby Nekkos » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:27 am

Dragondin wrote:
Ocin wrote:One thing I haven't figured out, is how to keep the boss on you in phase 2 until the other tank is freed up from the last of the mobs. I noticed I had to taunt the hell out of her to keep her on me due to her debuff. It might be as simple as just spamming reckoning though.

lets the dps stop at ~5% mana and kill all remaining adds befor you finish off the mana and go in phase 2. so you have both tanks on her and both can generate aggro. at some point one tank overtaking the other tank because of the debuff.

But, the boss isn't tauntimmun?

No, she's not taunt immune. We were swapping at four debuffs.
Nekkos

Postby Maddok » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:49 am

I think the taunt immune thing is a difference between 10s and 25s?
Maddok

Postby Anorian » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:12 am

killed both 10 and 25 and she is tauntable on both
Anorian

Postby Baelik » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:36 am

I'm not 100% certain on the stuff I say here, but this is what I understood from the limited tries we needed to down Lady Deathwhisper. (We ran with Rogue, Warrior and Hunter for physical DPS)

Heres what I think
  • Melee is needed to break down the shield the Adherents put up that reflects spells without collateral damage. Till then casters can help burn Adherents (pretty much like skeletal trash in Forge of Souls).
  • Adds that successfully cast Dark Martyrdom will be Reanimated (timing is random and not health based as mentioned on wowhead)
  • Reanimated adds almost always have their corresponding Determination spell

If you're melee aren't high on DPS you might have an issue with the adds. However 2 should be enough to do the minimum needed. I would have both melee focus on the Kill target at all times (except when Fanatics have Determination up) and make sure you down the Adherents first.
Baelik

Postby Maddok » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:47 am

Seems like two "physical" dps does make all the difference in the world, even when they both end up being Blood DKs. Though I had to laugh when one almost got himself splattered by spel reflected deathcoils on a shielded caster.
Maddok

Postby Rothes » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:14 am

Here is how we did it.

DPS: Ret Paladin, Rogue, Mage, Mage, Lock
Tanks: Paladin, Warrior

Left and Right refer to sides of the screen when looking at the boss. The boss is also the front of the room for this description.

Phase 1:

Left Side adds: Prot paladin took front add (melee) up by the boss. Prot warrior took rear add (melee) to the boss. All DPS burned middle add (caster). Then everyone finished the adds as appropriate then dps boss.

Right Side adds: Prot paladin took (melee) middle add to boss. Warrior took rear add (caster) as close to the boss as he could. All DPS burned the front add. Then melee went to the warrior's add (caster) and ranged to the paladin's add (melee). Then to boss.

Repeat. The only thing to watch out for is when adds empower and whatnot. But it won't change what needs to be done significantly.

Phase 2:

Tank switch at ~3 stacks. Burn the boss down and run away from ghosts.
Rothes - Protection Paladin - Bloodscalp
"When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you."
--Lao Tzu
Rothes

Postby Splattage » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:09 am

Our alt group had some trouble with this last night ( understandable since they are alts and not geared nearly as well ). We made it to phase 2 but were dps light and hit enrage. Also had a not wonderful raid composition since they were scrub alts we had laying around.

I was wondering if anyone has had success just tanking the first set of adds for a minute to get you a bloodlusted minute on the boss shield before dealing with the first two add spawns.
In theory I should be able to tank all three adds for a minute, and maybe even pull them to the other side for AoE on two sets of adds.

The adds seem to hit like sissies till they reanimate/deform.

We'd probably have to drop that idea if we get an early deform or something, but I was wondering if anyone had attempted this.

it also might be a nice idea for when hard mode hits, cause I get the feeling the enrage timer will be seriously in play on this one.
Splattage : My job is simple : Take every boss hit : Don't Die : the rest is up to you
Splattage

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel