Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Lord Marrowgar damage spikes?

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:58 pm

Apparently this fight has been nerfed.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:20 pm

Nerfed? From what? It's about the most basic of a raid boss you're ever going to get in Icecrown!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:31 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Nerfed? From what? It's about the most basic of a raid boss you're ever going to get in Icecrown!

Lord Marrowgar will now do significantly less melee damage in both the 10 player normal and 10 player heroic difficulty.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:20 pm

I find that disappointing. We went in and one shotted it and giggled the entire time. Wasted heroism on a bone whirl (I should never call for heroism...) and nobody died throughout the fight.. I thought it was a fun, entry-level fight, but also undertuned.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Niinbob » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:36 am

i think undertuned is a bit much. It was easy, yes, but that is how blizzard wants it. After all it is Normal Mode, they want everyone to be able to see the content in Normal Mode and the "hardcore" raiders to have a challenge in heroic mode. I find it hard to say that the fight is undertuned until Hard Modes come out.
Niinbob

Postby Argali » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:51 am

Damned undergeared raiders QQ'ing about Marrowgar being hard. Go farm heroics and badges first. Seriously. Some people expect raiding to be given to them on a silver platter.

Rant aside, I have now been in Not One, But Two ICC10 raids this week, also one 25m. 25m was with mains, so faceroll.

First 10 man raid was with alts, 1 tank was ilvl 245, the other, slightly less. However, the 3 healers were severely undergeared, with one healer being ilvl 226, one ilvl 245, other ilvl 232 and 245 mix. Wipe a couple of times, then stopped.

Second 10 man raid was with mains, 1 shotted.

Considering that everyone in the failed raid, had done marrow25, and 1 shotted him when they went on 10 on their mains, just suggests it's a gear issue, not skill or execution. Granted that some of the people I raid with might be less skilled with their alts, but they're definitely better than your average trade channel hero.

With the mixed responses of "this is so hard" and "wtf faceroll", I think that if you're struggling, go farm ICC 5, and get every single Triumph item you can before trying again.
Argali

Postby Njall » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:54 am

Nikachelle wrote:I find that disappointing. We went in and one shotted it and giggled the entire time. Wasted heroism on a bone whirl (I should never call for heroism...) and nobody died throughout the fight.. I thought it was a fun, entry-level fight, but also undertuned.

We had trouble with it but again, it probably was a gearing issue. I know that with my long hiatus from raiding, I'm probably not up to speed. Still, we managed. And with the sheer amount of badges available, there is no excuse for not being equipped. I'll be replacing the last of my Ulduar gear sometime this week - sooner if Onyxia gives good head(piece). Finally.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby honorshammer » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:19 am

Argali wrote:Damned undergeared raiders QQ'ing about Marrowgar being hard. Go farm heroics and badges first. Seriously. Some people expect raiding to be given to them on a silver platter.

It's not a nerf, it's a fix. Hunter's Union explains it.

http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/200 ... -hotfixes/

In case you’re wondering, I do think this is a fix and not a nerf. In looking at raid parses for both 10-man and 25-man versions of Marrowgrave, here is what I see as the damage that Hrist took:

* 10-man: Saber Lash average hit for 15,492. Melee average hit for 19,630
* 25-man: Saber Lash average hit for 15,502. Melee average hit for 21,309

This makes it look to me like they had Marrowgar set to do the same damage on 10-man as 25-man, which is clearly not as it should be. So this certainly explains a lot of the disparity between 10 and 25 man modes and it’s nice to see them bumping the damage back down to where it should be.

I also gotta say it makes me feel good to have taken him down before the fi
honorshammer

Postby Flex » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:16 am

honorshammer wrote:It's not a nerf, it's a fix. Hunter's Union explains it.

That'd explain Ardent Defender procs before even turning him. I do recall one phase of PTR testing had Marrowgar's 25 man damage set to 10 man levels.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:27 am

A melee hit of 20k and a Saber Lash of 15k is considered hard? Maybe they should've upturned 25 man....

It makes sense to reduce the amount since it's so close to 25 man numbers. But I do not think that those numbers are unreasonable. Your tanks, buffed, should be at almost 50k in a ten man. 20k is less than half their health.

I've both tanked this fight (with appropriate gear levels) and healed this fight (with undergeared levels) and while it was harder to deal with on my healer, it was as should be expected from Icecrown.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:31 am

Nikachelle wrote:A melee hit of 20k and a Saber Lash of 15k is considered hard? Maybe they should've upturned 25 man....

That's harder hitting than anything in ToGC 10...
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:36 am

Flex wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:A melee hit of 20k and a Saber Lash of 15k is considered hard? Maybe they should've upturned 25 man....

Why shouldn't he be hitting harder than ToGC? This is a tier higher.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:38 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Flex wrote:

Why shouldn't he be hitting harder than ToGC? This is a tier higher.

Half a tier.
Flex

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:40 am

Half a tier or not, it's still higher content.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:46 am

Nikachelle wrote:Half a tier or not, it's still higher content.

So that means the first boss should do twice as much melee damage as the heroic bosses of the previous raid?

Last combat log I made for ToGC had Icehowl's average melee of 10969, average melee for Gormok was 11384 with Impale at 17,006.

I fail to see why the first boss of the next raid zone should hit for 8,000 more than the previous raid zone's hard modes.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel