[25] Lord Marrowgar

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Lord Marrowgar

Postby ultanius » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:17 am

Marrowgar isn't tauntable, when he starts whirlwinding you have have to chase him down. About saberlash I thinking saberlash hits for about 57k-ish if he doesn't have any offtanks to soak the damage. He does it rather often too, we only had about 3 attempts on him so far (attendence is tough right now, my guild is one of only a few early morning guilds).
ultanius

Postby dewkstraykr » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:40 am

Tophus wrote:Question about his Saber Lash, how close do the OT's have to stand to the MT to get the cleave effect from Saber Lash? The ability itself is unclear :(

Saber Lash Melee range — Splits 200% of normal melee damage to an enemy and its two nearest allies. Prevents the target from being targeted by Bone Spike Graveyard.

Melee range is generally ~5 yards, so try to be quite close. We have ours stand on top of each other, and we strafe left for cold flame, then right, then left etc. Stand still in bone storm phase waiting for omen to show the aggro dump, then all 3 tanks try to grab him, whoever crits/gets aggro, tanks till next bone storm phase/aggro reset
dewkstraykr

Postby Egin » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 pm

Love that UI! self made?

Now on to the topic... My guild and I seem to be having issues with this.. the warrior tanks im running with seem to be taking a ton of spike dmg.. To the point of them getting killed in 3 consecutive shots while i take half of what they are getting hit for but I would have main agro. We are also stacked up on top of each other. Is there something we are doing wrong or any suggestions anyone can give that i can pass along?
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellscream&n=Adoraa

TheBaldGuy wrote:CC is when a tankadin runs into a crowd of mobs, lays down consecrate and proceeds to control said crowd of mobs. ;)
<--- LOL!!
Egin

Postby Wrathy » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:14 am

ultanius wrote:Marrowgar isn't tauntable, when he starts whirlwinding you have have to chase him down. About saberlash I thinking saberlash hits for about 57k-ish if he doesn't have any offtanks to soak the damage. He does it rather often too, we only had about 3 attempts on him so far (attendence is tough right now, my guild is one of only a few early morning guilds).

So i have the luck of playing a pally and a hunter, so I have some unique experience on fixing this issue. So far my DXE timers are off for the Bone Whirl, but there are a few things that can make this transition from P2 to P1 easy. Lord Marrowgar does four charges, then stands still for a bit and subsequently resets aggro. If you have your hunters MD the MT at the end of the fourth charge and hit their instant attacks the minute that he stops spinning, he will stick right to the MT and you should solve these problems. Also, as for the damage, if you are wearing your 4 piece T9, you can use your Bubblewall every single P2 to P1 transition, mitigating any damage that may come from not having your off tanks with you.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Shathus » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:32 pm

This could apply to 10 or 25 man but...

What happens if you're the OT (not the threat leader) and you pop Divine Shield? Will the sabre lash still hit you and just get absorbed, or would the bubble cause the other tank(s) to take extra damage (or possibly a melee to die)?

Just thinking in terms of perhaps near the end of a fight, and a healer or 2 gets spiked, would this provide some extra breathing room... or wipe the raid fully heh.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Draslin » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:40 am

We had big problems with this fight last night. It seems very RNG to me - some nights we kill the heck out of it, some nights we can't down him. We run with a regular core of healers, but for some reason, the two warrior tanks I was running with would get gibbed early, get brezzed, and gibbed again. I was the MT, and all three tanks were about equally geared (~5300 gearscore addon score).

I was maintanking with the lowest geared healer solo healing me. The two OTs had the best geared healers on them, and were still gibbing. We had problems with them not moving out of coldflame super fast, but they were moving probably one tick after me. I have no idea what's going on - damage on spikes was solid, dps was solid on the boss too, and healers were pumpin' out heals on all three tanks.. for some reason the OT's were having very bad survability problems. It seems when we run 3x tankadin, we do a LOT better.

I've gone over the strat with the warrior offtanks several times, and made sure they're popping shield block as soon as the mob is back on us after bone storm.

Our guild isn't lucky enough to have a pally healer - which we sorely need, but I don't think that it would make that big of a difference.

Anyone else having problems with their offtanks gibbing?
Draslin

Postby Neara » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:29 pm

Shathus wrote:This could apply to 10 or 25 man but...

What happens if you're the OT (not the threat leader) and you pop Divine Shield? Will the sabre lash still hit you and just get absorbed, or would the bubble cause the other tank(s) to take extra damage (or possibly a melee to die)?

Just thinking in terms of perhaps near the end of a fight, and a healer or 2 gets spiked, would this provide some extra breathing room... or wipe the raid fully heh.

If it works like other Saber Lashs in the game (my guess would be that it does, but never tried it on marrowgar) Bubble and Hand of Protection would help reducing dmg income.
Neara

Postby Passionario » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:31 am

3/4

* In the Lord Marrowgar encounters, the boss will no longer reset threat after a bone storm and will now wait a small amount of time before attacking at the end of a bone storm.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Previous

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel