Remove Advertisements

[25] Lord Marrowgar

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Lord Marrowgar

Postby towelliee » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:36 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eoiuFNpMw8

Tank Notes:

- Strafe out of the fire

- Don't let ranged stand behind the tanks cause the Cold Flame could possible hit you

- Free the people in Bone Spike

- Aggro Reset after Bone Storm is over
towelliee

Re: [25] Lord Marrowgar

Postby Aubade » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:53 pm

The cold flame will sometimes come for you as well, It's good to have all of your tanks know to run right or left When it comes so you don't split too far for saber lash
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Arjuna » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:25 pm

we had all three tanks just stand in the original tank spot during the whirlwind and be ready to pick him up after it...we did it like that after a number of whipes due to me eating saber lashes solo because of positioning problems...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby PsiVen » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:56 pm

I wouldn't advise strafing out of coldflame actually, it spawns on you and then immediately moves away from you. You might eat a couple ticks, but it's not like Supremus. Standing still is probably safest (perhaps until the hardmode makes it actually dangerous).

Coldflame is quite easy to avoid, and short enough that it shouldn't disrupt positioning strategies. It's quite predictable as well, always coming out in a cross pattern. The flames shooting chaotically from him seem to be the real "challenge" of Bone Storm as his whirlwind effect does minimal damage even if you stand on him.

Overall an eminently puggable boss. Realize that he has a saberlash, put 3 tanks on him, win.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Aubade » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:47 pm

I disagree with you Psiven, I think just standing in it encourages poor play. As a tank my job for my healers is to take as little damage as possible while still maintaining aggro and positioning for my DPS. Especially when Hard mode comes out I want to know I can rely on myself and my co-tanks to strafe out of it ASAP so as to not take unnecessary damage, who knows how much the Flame will hit for in hardmode, and it might provide a DoT.
Aubade

Postby Belloc » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:45 am

As long as tanks don't strafe in different directions, there should be no danger of bad sabre-lashes.

Also, in my experience (having done the fight 3 times now), the cold flames will always prefer to target range, assuming there are enough (think Vezax, Mimiron). So, position ranged so that the tank is not in between the boss and them. Same with melee.

Like this:

Code: Select all
               Melee
     R        /----\
              |boss| Tanks
   a          \____/
       n

g          d
                e

Of course, ranged really doesn't need to be spread out THAT much. Especially since it hurts your bone targeting and killing.
Belloc

Postby Aubade » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:48 am

Belloc wrote:As long as tanks don't strafe in different directions, there should be no danger of bad sabre-lashes.

Also, in my experience (having done the fight 3 times now), the cold flames will always prefer to target range, assuming there are enough (think Vezax, Mimiron). So, position ranged so that the tank is not in between the boss and them. Same with melee.

Like this:

Melee
     R        /----\
              |boss| Tanks
   a          \____/
       n

g          d
                e

Of course, ranged really doesn't need to be spread out THAT much. Especially since it hurts your bone targeting and killing.

Ah we did more of a

Tanks
            \_______/
             |      | M
             |Boss  | e
             |______| l
                ee

R    a        n           g          e         D
Kinda thing
Aubade

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:30 am

In 25, how hard does the cleave thing hit per target?
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Anorian » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:32 am

not sure but i think i got 10-15k cleaves and saw a 37k when i was alone to far away from the other tanks, but can be mistaken. Was lolling at how silly the aoe hits on normal
Anorian

Postby culhag » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:38 am

About 45k split in up to 3 targets.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby mclem » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:10 am

When exactly does the aggro reset take place? We had a couple of problems from time to time throwing shields before he actually reset aggro, or waiting too long *after* he did so he'd squash whoever was nearest first. Wasn't sure if I should be throwing after the DBM timer expired or after the visual whirlwind effect actually stopped.

Also, seemed to be taking considerably more damage from the saber lash than everyone's reporting. I suspect that's imperfect stacking, though.
mclem

Postby Auroris » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:22 am

<.<... I solo tanked the cleaves for about 2min. Since we lost two split tanks kind of early. Let's just say I saw 'Low Health!' every time it went. So I am assuming about 45k to 50k. I had 61.2k with trinket up, and it took me down to about 8-9% before I got healed up, cleaved again. Needless to say, it was hopeless. Having 2-3 tanks is a must.
"Someday the Glory will Fade and only Memories will remain."
Auroris

Postby Argali » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:05 am

mclem wrote:When exactly does the aggro reset take place? We had a couple of problems from time to time throwing shields before he actually reset aggro, or waiting too long *after* he did so he'd squash whoever was nearest first. Wasn't sure if I should be throwing after the DBM timer expired or after the visual whirlwind effect actually stopped.

Also, seemed to be taking considerably more damage from the saber lash than everyone's reporting. I suspect that's imperfect stacking, though.

I just throw my AS after I see the big "Changed Target" floating text by the default Blizz UI.
Oh it helps that my rogues and hunters are not retarded and save their misdirects for after WW.
Argali

Postby Malthrax » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:35 am

Is he tauntable (for post-WW pickups), or no? I've heard both that he is, and that he isn't.
Malthrax

Postby hoho » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:37 am

I'm quite sure he wasn't tauntable on 10-man normal and if he isn't tauntable there I can't think of any other time when he would.
Last edited by hoho on Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Next

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel