Remove Advertisements

[25] Deathbringer Saurfang

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Deathbringer Saurfang

Postby Radience » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:39 am

I didn't notice anyone mentioning it in this topic yet. Pugs on eu outland usually have marked player running back to the battleship and mounting cannon, this will prevent them taking any damage from the mark. I expect Blizzard will fix this 'strategy' before Saurfang heroic mode unlocks.
Radience

Postby Threatco » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:12 pm

That's pretty cool.

It doesen't realy give you a big advantage over letting them die, but still cool.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Belloc » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:32 pm

Threatco wrote:That's pretty cool.

It doesen't realy give you a big advantage over letting them die, but still cool.
It would be a huge advantage on heroic.
Belloc

Postby Threatco » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:03 pm

My bad.

I didn't consider it gives a huge bonus in that the boss wont self heal off the kill.

Ok i'll put this in my bag labled "exploits".
Threatco

Postby Ess » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:19 am

Got in another 25 attempt on him this week. This attempt, we tried using Divine Intervention on the people who got the mark. It works pretty well. Got him to 12%. As 3 of our healers were Paladins, we were taking a pretty big mana hit on the resurrection, but it helped a lot. We're going to try letting 1 or 2 die next time before the DI thing.

Here's the graph of the fight:

I'm pretty convinced by this that these coefficients are spot on. You can also see how much slower our other marks came when using the DI method. Our raid DPS feels a bit low, and we don't have a discipline priest handy so the Boiling Blood is really doing a number on us:

Ess

Postby fafhrd » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:52 am

Find someone with a priest alt, run him through Toc25 to get him a full set of trophies, some heroics for badges, spec him disc, and log him in Saurfang imo >.>
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby sherck » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:42 am

fafhrd wrote:Find someone with a priest alt, run him through Toc25 to get him a full set of trophies, some heroics for badges, spec him disc, and log him in Saurfang imo >.>

I know it was only 10-man, but I got invited into a run who had been on this boss for the past 2 hours and never getting him lower than 20%.

I went Disc and was asked to make sure I kept PW:S up on every single person and to only cast a heal if I had the time.

Boss went down having only cast a single mark and was at around 40 BP into his 2nd mark. No other changes to the raid had been made.

Disc Priest shields really rock on this boss.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Threatco » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:41 pm

How hard does Blood Boil hit. How much spell power do you have to have to get full absorbs from a disc bubble. Is 10/25 man different.

How much spellpower would holy/shadow need to fully absorb it with a PW:S?

I ask because I raid holy/shadow and would rather not respec if I don't have to.

My gears average ilvl is closer to 264 then 251, so I suspect I can just off spec bubble those, or if not then I could mabey with an on use spell power trinket proc (the 245 badge one). But that may just be a fantasy.
Threatco

Postby Finkum » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:32 am

Wowhead indicates, and my WoL records confirm, that in ICC-25 Boiling blood ticks for 5000 (4850 with Renewed Hope/BoSanc). Realistically you can only fully absorb one tick per bubble, for a maximum of 2 absorbed ticks if you get lucky with bubbles cast pre-Boiling Blood.

Napkin-mathing, in the worst case scenario (Shadow spec), you would need ~3000 spellpower to get one tick completely absorbed, which is very achievable in i245-gear raid-buffed.

The difficulty (for 25-man at least), is that the 4-second cooldown on PW:S will hamper your ability to bubble everyone as there can be six Boiling Bloods up at any one time (and you may also want to bubble raid members who tend to get hit by Blood Beasts).
Finkum

Postby Radience » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:34 am

On 10 man holy or shadow PW:S will do. However on 25 man you'll really want to have disc priest shielding all blood boils. Main thing why you want disc priest on 25 is because they have no cooldown on PW:S and of course it absorbs quite a bit more damage compared to holy. Saurfang doesn't gain any blood power from absorbed damage.
Radience

Postby kysu » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:41 am

Anyone notice a glitch with him last night 2-2-10? We normally one tank it with 3 healers and just go ape shit. He was gaining RP so quick it was not even funny. We had to pull the magic out and have locks SS pallie's mid fight so they could DI the people with the mark and get back up. We still 1 shot it but it looks like they buffed him or changed how he gains RP.

We normally kill him when he is about to cast the 1st Mark but he cast his 1st ~ 80%.
kysu

Postby inthedrops » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:31 am

Yes it was reported as bugged. Apparently using the hard mode mechanics minus the additional health.

It was funny because we did two runs last night. First on mains then alts. On the main run, the GM basically told us that we did a terrible job. We didn't think anything of it. When we started on our alts she basically said "Ok let's do this better than on our mains". It didn't take long to realize (a bit into the fight on alts) that it was bugged and not our fault :) Other people in general chat and elsewhere confirmed the bug. On our alts, we had to play the marks smart in order to kill it.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby kysu » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:38 am

Ah, I run with /leave 1 too many trolls for me.

Well if that was basically HM I say 2 Heal MOAR DPS!!
kysu

Postby Zobel » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:44 am

Blizzard's looking into it.
Zobel

Postby Zobel » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:38 pm

More Blue:
We did make some changes to the fight to make the "Just let people with Marks die" strategy not something you want to do, but it was not our intention to make the fight drastically more difficult. We're currently looking over his abilities to see what's happening.
Zobel

PreviousNext

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel