Remove Advertisements

Question/advice with my leveling spec

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Question/advice with my leveling spec

Postby Julien » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:12 am

Hello all.

I've been lurking around for some time and decided today to post my very first question.

I know that this is mainly a prot spec forum but i'm sure that many of you vets might help me with this.

I'm atm finishing my quests on Hellfire (on my way to 62) and since level 10 i am prot spec. I'm finding it very good and tbh i don't have any problem with the leveling but...and here is the but, my main objective is to be Holy spec and for that i'd love to respec Holy before 70 to really learn the mechanics behind my talents. Now, i am very afraid to be eaten alive if i start to quest with Holy and this is what i'd like to know.

Is it worthy? Is it bad or it's only a myth and the leveling (quests) will be done without being a nightmare?

After checking some builds i found this one = http://www.wow-tools.org/talent-calculator/Paladin/0550310252013043105105005100000000000000000000000000000000000000

Or should i go for a Hybrid Holy/Prot? If so, wich one?

Thanks in advance to you all,

Jul
Julien

Postby guillex » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:20 am

This is probably what I would shoot for.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVxhbgzheotVhtc0c

Drop unyielding faith ... It's more of a PvP talent than anything. Get imp. LoH.

Usually, one will go into the prot tree for shield spec, BoK, and Imp Conc. Aura.

You could even go

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVxhbgzheotVGLc0c

dropping BoK and a point in toughness to get Guardian's Favor.

Basically, you're going to want the decent talents from Holy (41 pts), and then you can play around with the other two trees... But 41/20/0 is the most commonly accepted PvE raid healing build.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Flipthebird » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:23 am

I've never done a Holy spec, though I would love to try sometime, but my advice would be to go ahead and respec and focus primarily on doing 5-mans. This is one of the fastest ways to get xp, and the absolute best way to learn your spec before you reach 70.

I grinded and quested until I was lvl 60, but from there I just did instances. The only time I will quest now is when I'm waiting for a group for an instance. After you hit 70, go back and do those quests you didn't finish for gold.
So Hitler was a vegatarian, and a painter.

He must of been like, 'Ahh I can't get the fricken trees...DAMN I will kill EVERYBODY in the world!"

-Eddie Izzard
Flipthebird

Postby Julien » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:54 am

Ok, thank you very much both. I guess that there isn't better thing than to simply test it :)

I also had that idea of running only instances and now i might be doing that :)
Julien

Postby Julien » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:23 am

Heya!

Ok, so last night i've respec Holy with some points in prot and i can say that so far i'm loving it. Ofc i needed to change a bit my playstyle but i almost didn't noticed any difference on 1v1 and ofc i can still do some AoE grind some it consumes my health alot more faster than before.

Think this might be because all the damage gear i have :)

Anyway, i've also did a BF run and the healing was amazing!

<3 Pally!
Julien

Return to Basic Training & Talents