Remove Advertisements

Using LoH while Tanking?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Using LoH while Tanking?

Postby Tiranknight » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:51 pm

Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you had to use LoH to try and save a death? Was just curious about the situation and if you've ever used it to save a wipe.

Also what rank Holy Shield, and Avenger's Shield do you use for your Base tanking. I've ussually used Rank 2 HS, and Rank 1 AS.. so conserve mana but with a bigger mana pool I've upgraded to rank 2 Avenger's shield for a bigger jump start in threat..
Tiranknight

Postby Amirya » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:09 pm

Off tanking on Maiden with a prot warrior as main tank. Our healers were dead. She was at 2%.

LoH on the warrior, she died.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Targonis » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:17 pm

Amirya wrote:Off tanking on Maiden with a prot warrior as main tank. Our healers were dead. She was at 2%.

LoH on the warrior, she died.

I've LoH'd people while doing Najentus either just before or after a shield break when they have 500 hp left and an AoE will kill them, or to top them up from really low for a faster shield break
Targonis

Postby Jeaneric » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:23 pm

I've used it on myself in situations (heroics) where the healer was dead/cc'd or just plain stupid. Also on last boss in heroic BM between time stops cause, lets face it, do you really want to wipe there? 1 hour CD vs clearing the whole thing agaiin for no badges.

Also while were on the subject, every time i do Mgt (heroic or regular) I always end up last one alive bubbled (no reason not to at that point) killng 2nd boss. Every time. Anyone else have that happen?
Jeaneric

Postby Kellann » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:47 pm

On one of our early Supremus kills - our healers failed to chase the tanks as we ran to pick him up during the transition back to tank'n'spank.

I tend to grab agro faster during those transitions, so his third swing connected leaving me at ~150hp (had a fading HoT from the chasing only). My timely self-LoH bought my healers enough time to catch up and probably salvaged that kill.

I've had a few similar, but that one stood out as a great example.
Kellann - Uther
Kellann

Postby Teneb » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:06 pm

Maiden when the healers forgot to BoSac, and then forgot to tell me about it. Prince when an idiot rogue dps'd from the front and was ignoring me on vent on phase 2. Bear boss to eat the debuff and bleeds while the OT retaunted.

Oh, and a few times to buy those last few seconds when the healers have died to AOE, DoTs or positioning issues.
Teneb

Postby Bunnyfer » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:30 am

I have used it many times to save either myself or someone else..

It is a nice "Oh Sh*t" type thing to have...;)
Bunnyfer

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:38 am

LoH is keybinded in a accessible button so if i go panic i start spamming it.

Altho my most creative use was yesterday, i LoHd myself at 3k HP, but wasn't to save myself (i had both HS and pot available). It was to burst aggro, was during dragonhawk and we just had brought to 35% with one side still not cleared :)

20k heal r srs business
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby jere » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:21 am

Ways I have used it:

1. Save myself (pretty explanatory)
2. Threat boost (similar to Worldie's story, though I used it when I was out of range of HKM and the tank lost aggro).
3a. I pop it on healers to save them from dying
3b. I pop it on pally healers that have half or less health and low mana to give them some mana back (not all that efficient, but every bit helps)

Ways I want to use it:
I want to pop it as soon as the red beam on netherspite hits me in hopes of a crit overheal. Not that it will accomplish anything other than I can say I did a 60-80k heal
jere

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:02 am

I've used it to save myself a few times.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby guillex » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:07 am

Used it on Supremus last night ... A few healers were down and the other OT had bitten it.

He gave me a hateful strike to the face, then kept on me for a minute as the healers were topping up Invis. Popped it to give them a bit more time, and I think I ate another hateful before he turned back to Invis.

Something like that.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Janduin » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:33 am

Wouldn't say Mother Shahraz OTing is actually tanking, but one of our more unlucky kills involved the entire raid except for MT and OTs dead at 1%, at which point I was spamming the MT with max rank Holy Light while he and the other warrior tried to dps her down. When I was out of mana and all 3 of s were almost dead, with her still up, I bubbled and LoHed him for 21k. Couple seconds later she was toast.
Janduin

Return to Basic Training & Talents