So i Rerolled...

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

So i Rerolled...

Postby Ithus » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:01 pm

So story goes i fell out with my Ex gm over some irl issues and game issues and i ended up rerolling Horde from my previous alliance guild. i got accepted into a guild where i had already friends and they boosted me to tank for them in raids.

Now im geared i hit a brick walll, compared to my alliance paladin whom i loved dearly until one eventful evening i suck at TPS. I primarily used SOR as alliance tanking up until BT and averaged around 1100-1300tps with my paladin shown here:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... st&n=Ithus

My usual Rotation was something like this

Code: Select all
SOR
Avenger's Shield
Holy shield
Consecrate
JOR
SOR

But since i rerolled i outgear my alliance character completely after raiding sunwell a little but not doing much tanking of real importance - except felmyst adds. My new paladin here:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... psid%C3%A9

Now i came into a sunwell guild who were 2/6 when i joined and are now at 4/6 with some help from me on dealing with felmyst, i did everything i used to the same as alliance yet as a blood elf i can't even break 800 TPS on a fight. My GM asked me to tank illidan this week to see what i could handle and i couldn't even beat 1000 TPS with wings. Compared to maintanking a lot of previous stuff as alliance.

My question is this, is there anything i could possibly be doing wrong as a blood elf that i used to be able to do with an alliance paladin that i now cannot do as a horde paladin. i did occasionally use seal of vengeance to tank but that was normally only to offtank bosses, but now as i look back i miss it.
Is SOV such an overpowered seal or do i just suck as blood elf?

Any tips on improving my sucking TPS as a blood elf would be much appreciated.
Ithus

Postby Worldie » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:04 pm

Your TPS is horribly low for your spelldamage.

Are you using JoCr? Are you spamming consecration? Are you using spelldamage oil/flask/food?
I have way higher TPS with my paladin, with similar baseline spelldamage. You must be doing something wrong.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ithus » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:08 pm

I had put SoTc up myself as we have no retri paladin in the guild, i had weapon oil on, i had spelldamage elixir and a mastery elixir and blackened basilisk, and STILL my TPS sucked.
Ithus

RF

Postby djellum » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:24 pm

RF/ret aura? simple i know, but it catches us all at some point.

I helped tank SL and did the first half with no RF and crusader aura. still held but wondered at the awsomeness of the new dings that they were making me work for it lol.

djellum

Postby Seloei » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:41 pm

What do you base your TPS on? omen? wws?

Omen isn't working correctly since 2.4 with some versions with paladin threat. Even tho i've been updating it almost weekly it still doesn't "take" the person who i taunted threat into account as mine.

To get your real TPS numbers, use a wws to calc it.
But if you see ingame that the dps is riding you bigtime, then something is wrong... illidan is a dual wielding demon which means you have a huge +threat advantage over the other tanks.
Could it be that the dps on horde side is far better than what you had on alliance side, and they are pushing out more TPS?

edit: salvation? =D
Seloei

Postby Jellypop » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:44 pm

try throwing your frisbee if it allows it in between the boss's melee hit.

judge more often?

destruction potion does help, i played with it in hyjal and allowed the aoers to aoe faster.

if all else fails, *points at Worldie's spec*
Jellypop

Postby Ithus » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:01 pm

I definately had RF and no salvation. I'll try some WWS next reset and see what happens.
And the DPS is definately better than alliance - i witnessed a Nelf shadowpriest do 297 on Teron gorefiend without getting a debuff and being alive 100% of the fight.
But seriously something is up, maybe i just suck.
Ithus

Postby Worldie » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:24 pm

Ithus wrote: shadowpriest do 297 .

This is SO wrong that leads to 2 possibilities:
1) Your Threat meter / DPS meter sucks, and you are just seeing wrong numbers
2) Your alliance DPS sucked HARD and i mean HARD
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby MichaelBerea » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:28 am

I agree that you are probably doing more TPS than you think.

The real questions are "Did you wipe" or "Did it take longer than usual to down the boss" depending on the content.

That aside, perhaps a new perspective would contribute to your fun

Ingame threat addons:
TankadinTps - Ingame evaluation of TPS
http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... php?t=9483
http://wow.curseforge.com/projects/tankadintps/

Tankadin Stapler
http://www.tankadinaddon.com/drupal/node/11

Paste a WWS url here:
http://rehfeld.us/wow/wws-tps/
MichaelBerea

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:31 am

Worldie wrote:

By HARD, You mean HAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD
As in, spriest has over nine thousand mace skill hard.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:37 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Worldie wrote:

I... can't imagine he actually meant the shadow priest was doing 297 TPS... or even DPS for that matter. Right?

Right?

That possibility offends my inner shadow priest.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Worldie » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:45 am

297 either DPS or TPS would be AWFULLY low for any shadow priest, even with salvation

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:57 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:
Worldie wrote:

I... can't imagine he actually meant the shadow priest was doing 297 TPS... or even DPS for that matter. Right?

Right?

That possibility offends my inner shadow priest.
It offends my inner shadow priest too, and I don't even have one over level 2.
Or 1...
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby solina » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:25 am

Ithus wrote:I had put SoTc up myself as we have no retri paladin in the guild, i had weapon oil on, i had spelldamage elixir and a mastery elixir and blackened basilisk, and STILL my TPS sucked.

Unless you really need the 15 sta and 0.75 dodge, switch to Flask of Blinding Light instead of the 2 elixirs.
solina

Postby Ithus » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:17 am

I'm going to try with a flask instead of elixirs next reset, just gonna go back and try and refine my technique spamming instances again like i did when i rolled prot back on alliance.

oh and it was 297 dps :)
Ithus

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents