Agility vs Dodge rating.

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Agility vs Dodge rating.

Postby Captain Bobo » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:44 am

jeez I hope this is the right place.

Sorry to probably make a repost but I don't have the patients to search though 4159 matches.

for a prot paladin what is better? Dodge rating or agility?

Edit:basically what I am asking is which gives more dodge.

Thanks in Advance,

Bobo
Captain Bobo

Postby rolo » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:06 am

assuming you're a tankadin and all you really want is to actually dodge,

25 points of agility = 1% increased chance to dodge.

18.9 points of dodge rating = 1% increased chance to dodge.

so, roughly, dodge rating helps you dodge a little bit more, per point, than agility. But, agility also increases your armor by 2 per point, and if you respec Retro you'll be very interested in the increased melee crit chance :)
Orcrist, lvl 70 Prot Paladin, Zul'Jin
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Orcrist
rolo

Postby Seloei » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:08 am

Their equalish, dodge gives more avoidance per stat point but agility scales with kings. If your socketing for avoidance go for dodge but don't pass over on agility pieces because they don't have "dodge/parry/block" when looking for avoidance.

18.9 dodge rating gives +1% avoidance
25 agility gives 1% avoidance

edit: damn you beat me to it :P
Seloei

Postby Captain Bobo » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:14 am

Oh, thank you =D

I just figured more dodge would be better then 50 points of armor if we were comparing 25agility to 25 dodge rating in that case. You guys answered it pretty fast too :P
Captain Bobo

Postby Worldie » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:47 am

Making it even more simple, when you choose a purple gem,
Shifting Shadowsong Amethys > Regal Nightseye > Shifting Nightseye
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Janduin » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:17 am

Where do you think Regal Tanzanite (heroic gem) fits in that order (+5 dodge rating and +6 stamina I think)? I had one lying around so I put it in my faceplate, but I've been thinking about resocketing it with the shifting shadowsong since the gem vendor came out.
Janduin

Postby Seloei » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:55 am

15 badges for 1 extra stamina?
Seloei

Postby Worldie » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:27 am

I consider that since we have access to Epic gems from gbank, like 99% of the people nowadays anyway :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby redlenses » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:36 am

If you use Kings, it takes roughly 23 Agility for a little over 1% dodge

Dodge Rating = 0.053% Avoidance
Agility (w/Blessing of Kings) = 0.044% Avoidance
Parry Rating = 0.042% Avoidance
Agility (unbuffed) = 0.04% Avoidance

Uncrittable / Uncrushable Stat Reference

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... php?t=6750
redlenses

Postby supai » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:16 am

I went for agility/stamina gems, because the content we are doing now I run out of mana badly. With agility I can "configure" my avoidance by using kings or not. If we get to the point where I actually need more avoidance I can easily change over to dodge/stamina gems. I also like the armour that agility gives. I am an armour freak. 20k armour raid buffs, no elixirs, but with holy paladin devo aura. The most for any plate wearer in my guild
supai

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:33 am

supai wrote:I went for agility/stamina gems, because the content we are doing now I run out of mana badly. With agility I can "configure" my avoidance by using kings or not. If we get to the point where I actually need more avoidance I can easily change over to dodge/stamina gems. I also like the armour that agility gives. I am an armour freak. 20k armour raid buffs, no elixirs, but with holy paladin devo aura. The most for any plate wearer in my guild

That'd probably work. I generally gem for stamina and then swap trinkets as necessary.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby supai » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:16 am

I am half French and half Dutch. Everything that is nice I want for free so it goes against everything inside of me to not take something that is free.

That is why I gem for the bonus and I can't gem for pure stamina :)
supai

Return to Basic Training & Talents