Help with grinding.

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Help with grinding.

Postby Kaz » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:36 am

Hello everyone. Let me start by saying I've found the info here invaluable as I went Protection early on, now 52 I'm finding tanking to be a breeze! Much thanks!

The only problem I am having is when I'm not out-dpsing my group while tanking an instance, leveling in certain areas can be tedious.

I ran a search on the forums, and I am having trouble finding what I'm looking for.

So here goes: Is there some sort of master list of zones/mobs that are favorable to AoE grind as a Prot pally?

My apologies if this has been asked before and thanks a ton for all your hard work and time put into this site!
Kaz

Postby Seloei » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:12 am

There isn't a "list" of places where you could aoe grind but at 52, i'd check out the undead in WPL and sooner or later EPL, theres plenty of only melee mobs you can bunch up and aoe down, grab an Ardent Dawn insig also to pick up some stones (for your mount quest if your horde). You can easily boost up to even 60 in both those zones with decent aoe pulls and then go quest for your insane "gear upgrades" in outlands.
Tanking before 60'sh isn't that well "documented" on this forum, most of it is for lvl70 and before that you basicly are going after warrior tanking items and hoping that the dps knows what your marks mean and not go ballsout on side adds.
If they blame you for dieing and not holding agro "was it marked with skull?" "did it reach me before you attacked him?" and it's their mistake why they pulled agro (Wrong target, nuke before it reached you) they deserve to die. It's not your problem if they don't know how instances work.
Seloei

Postby Kaz » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:26 am

Thanks for the reply.

I did realize the content of the site was made for 70's (as it should be!)

Just hoping if anyone had any "fav" spots to nuke down some xp in between dungeons.

WPL, around the farmsteads? I went to one of them to collect some scourgestones for my lvl 50 pally quest, the skelly mages there gave me hell. :)
Kaz

Postby DarkFerret » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:03 pm

It's extremely old (around BC release), but there's a list of places you can grind in the second post that, as of two months ago, were still viable.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 9353&sid=1
DarkFerret

Postby Gwert » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:29 pm

While i was leveling I used :

http://www.wowwiki.com/Paladin_AoE_Grinding

Very nice 'guide'. Suggests gear, areas to grind, and what specs work
I only ever pay attention if it's a raid boss, else I just faceroll all over the keyboard yelling "MOAR! GIEF MOAR MOBZ PLZORZ!" on vent. ~ Pizbit
Gwert

Postby Sjimmi93 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:48 pm

isnt the GJ kinda thingy near the WPL FP a good spot, only melee mobs, die easily
Sjimmi93

Postby Kaz » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:59 pm

Wow, Thanks so much. This is exactly what I was looking for. The slimes in Skulk Rock in the Hinterlands were even beginning to tire of me grinding them.

:D
Kaz

Postby EvilNuff » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:28 pm

Personally I found questing prot to be the fastest way to level. Grinding was frankly slower than questing for me. And prot with anything more than 1 mob was faster than ret so I just quested up and made sure I was always killing 3-4 mobs instead of singles.
EvilNuff

Return to Basic Training & Talents