Ret Off Tanking For BT Trash?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Ret Off Tanking For BT Trash?

Postby Dustin » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:53 am

Ok here is the situation.....My guild is in Sunwell and their original pally tank quit raiding so Ta Da! I was lucky enough to run wiith these guys in BT, Hyjal, etc.. but not sunwell as I am mostly T5 gear level. Our tank crew in BT is 2 warriors, 2 feral druids, and Me....Now I know Im great to have on large aoe pulls and stuff but here is the problem and my idea to contribute more to the raid in BT. We try to speed run BT and most times I am always chain chugging mana pots cause i dont have time to drink in between pulls. I often have to drasticly manage my mana on trash so i dont burn out fast. As a result my threat is really crappy. Also my DPS is really bad because of this i usually have 300ish at the end of the raid and on most bosses i just put up wisdom and do the best dmg i can or throw on a healing set and help cleanse or something.....its pretty crapy and most of the time i dont feel very "needed".

IDEA: Respec to ret (for more dps) for BT and bring my tank gear for the few pulls I could really help out on.

More DPS, and somelimited off tanking on trash (as thats what i currently do) FYI they dont have a ret pally in the raids normally.

I'm thinking that AOE threat from the 10-15 mobs before mother sharaz wouldnt be to big of an issue as 2 piece T5 should cover me on that decently with the help of reg conscrate....personally i know they don't really "need" me for those pulls anyways its just nice to have me tank it cause its a little quicker.

Sorry this is so long but getting the details can sometimes be important :)
By the light of the Moon!.....POOF!
Dustin

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:57 am

Hmm. Aside from the pulls before Mother, I only remember a few AoE pulls in BT. Even then, though, Mother's trash generally keeps you stunned most of the time.

You'd be losing some good talents, but it'd work, I think. As long as you're in prot gear, of course.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Dustin » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:04 am

Think it would be a much better addition to the raid anyways?

compared to me going as prot
By the light of the Moon!.....POOF!
Dustin

Postby Base » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:17 am

If they are going in with 2 warriors and 2 ferals do they need you to tank at all? We usually run with me + 2 tanks (either 2 warriors or warrior + feral) and so I would have thought with an extra tank they could have afforded to not have a tankadin.
Base

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:40 am

There are No pulls ni BT other than wyrmcallers, single pulls and sisters of pain that I don't tank at least 2 or 3 mobs. It'sl ike that all the time.
double shield disciples + dog
3~ satyrs
battlelord + another broken
aoes in bloodboil
aoes in the harem
assassins/ assassin-blood lord guy on council
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Return to Basic Training & Talents