Overview classbuffs (adding health)

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby Targonis » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:12 am

Sticky this and keep updated please.
Targonis

Postby Nottebella » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:32 am

yuuri wrote:
Nottebella wrote:The warlock imp blood pact buff actually scales with level. A level 70 imp gives 72 stam untalented.

do you have a reference on the internet where I can refer to for this information, couldnt find it myself.

ty

It's mentioned here http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=27268 but I'm at work and can't verify atm. I'm sure there's any number of people on here with warlocks who could check (and possibly provide screencaps).

Edit: Most of the stuff I'm finding is saying 70/91, as my memory is a little hazy this morning those are probably the correct numbers.
Nottebella - 70 - Argent Dawn
Nottebella

Postby yuuri » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:05 am

Nottebella wrote:It's mentioned here http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=27268 but I'm at work and can't verify atm. I'm sure there's any number of people on here with warlocks who could check (and possibly provide screencaps).

Edit: Most of the stuff I'm finding is saying 70/91, as my memory is a little hazy this morning those are probably the correct numbers.

I have updated the overview and added the effect of scaling, I used the 70/91 numbers.
yuuri

Postby Nottebella » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:26 am

The talent buff that improves commanding shout is:

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=12861
Commanding Presence

Which is a 25% increase (270 health). The one you have linked is the set bonus from 4pT6 (so you could have either or both). Also, the health bonus from Commanding Shout does not scale with Kings/Talents, it's a flat bonus.
Nottebella - 70 - Argent Dawn
Nottebella

Postby Jellypop » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:00 pm

30 stam food. = 383 hp
15 stats mastery elixir = 191 HP
250hp major fortitude elixir

or 500hp flask.

might be useful to list this too as this post is probably what people would look at to see their raid buffed HP
Jellypop

Postby yuuri » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:10 am

Nottebella wrote:The talent buff that improves commanding shout is:

Commanding Presence

Which is a 25% increase (270 health). The one you have linked is the set bonus from 4pT6 (so you could have either or both). Also, the health bonus from Commanding Shout does not scale with Kings/Talents, it's a flat bonus.

Thank you for your remarks.

1. I replaced the text relating to the t4-buff with the correct text relating to the talent-buff.
2. Because of your t4-remark and the remark of Jellypop about foodbuffs and so I have to rethink if I want to add those categories of buffs. This thread started of as a classbuff thread, maybe I will make it a healthbuff thread..:) Have to think how I am going to restructure the first post then.
3. Your remark about commanding shout not scaling with kings/talents is in contrary with an earlier remark by rhiannon, so I dont know what to use now. Where can I find the confirmation about wich buffs scale and wich not?

General question to all who are interested and read this thread: Is it worthwhile to make this a more generale healthbuffthread and add 1) food and elixersbuff 2) armorbuffs?
yuuri

Postby caboom » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:07 am

yuuri wrote:
Nottebella wrote:The talent buff that improves commanding shout is:

Commanding Presence

Thank you for your remarks.

1. I replaced the text relating to the t4-buff with the correct text relating to the talent-buff.
2. Because of your t4-remark and the remark of Jellypop about foodbuffs and so I have to rethink if I want to add those categories of buffs. This thread started of as a classbuff thread, maybe I will make it a healthbuff thread..:) Have to think how I am going to restructure the first post then.
3. Your remark about commanding shout not scaling with kings/talents is in contrary with an earlier remark by rhiannon, so I dont know what to use now. Where can I find the confirmation about wich buffs scale and wich not?

General question to all who are interested and read this thread: Is it worthwhile to make this a more generale healthbuffthread and add 1) food and elixersbuff 2) armorbuffs?

u could leave it as it is, and after what u have now add the food and elixir parts, someone wanting to know their raidbuffed stats should just add the 2 numbers shouldn't he?
caboom

Postby jere » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:11 am

yuuri wrote:3. Your remark about commanding shout not scaling with kings/talents is in contrary with an earlier remark by rhiannon, so I dont know what to use now. Where can I find the confirmation about wich buffs scale and wich not?

As a note, whoever told you that health scaled with BoK is wrong. It seems like it does at higher levels because you typically get more health from stamina than from base health, but BoK gives you 10% stamina, not 10% health. So you can't simply multiply your health by 10% for BoK, you have to multiply your stamina by it, and then convert that into health.
jere

Postby Janduin » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:34 am

Yeah, BoK increases your stam by 10%, not your overall health by that much. Your health is your base health (don't remember the exact number, around 5k) + stam*1.16 (for us). BoK would only scale the stam part, so your health would be base + (pre-king stam)*1.1*1.16.
Janduin

Postby jere » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:45 am

Janduin wrote:Yeah, BoK increases your stam by 10%, not your overall health by that much. Your health is your base health (don't remember the exact number, around 5k) + stam*1.16 (for us). BoK would only scale the stam part, so your health would be base + (pre-king stam)*1.1*1.16.

Actually our stam multiplier is:
1.1*1.06 = 1.166, not 1.16

BoK:
1.1*1.66 = 1.2826
jere

Postby yuuri » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:00 am

jere wrote:As a note, whoever told you that health scaled with BoK is wrong. It seems like it does at higher levels because you typically get more health from stamina than from base health, but BoK gives you 10% stamina, not 10% health. So you can't simply multiply your health by 10% for BoK, you have to multiply your stamina by it, and then convert that into health.

So if interpret your comment right: I can use the BOK-multiplier on all classbuffs except the warrior-buff because all are related to stamina and the warrior-buff just to health?
yuuri

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents