3/5 reckoning or kings and 2/2 imp judgement

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

3/5 reckoning or kings and 2/2 imp judgement

Postby sbeacher » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:09 pm

My guild is doing hyjal (4/5) and bt (3/9) mostly these days. I'm almost always in the raid along with a holy pally. 75% of the time we have a ret pally there and about 25-50% of the time there is another holy pally or 2 as well.

Would dropping kings and imp judgement be worth it for 3/5 reckoning? Only problem I can see is if I dropped kings the holy pally with imp wisdom would have to give it and that means healers would probably not get the imp wisdom, just regular wisdom from me. Not an issue if there are two holy pallies in the raid but like I said that is the case 25-50% of the time.

I am not usually the MT on bosses as we have 2 warriors that generally take that roll (not that I'm not as geared as them or couldn't do it it's just what else are they gonna do if they are there) I'm always the add tank (infernals, doom guards, etc) or on bosses like Naj I just throw my healing set on and heal, so it seems like reckoning would beat out imp judgement in that case. I've read about it messing up your rotation, though i'm pretty sloppy with that as I just spam my holy shield button until consecrate or judgement are up and then hit those and go back to spamming holy shield.
sbeacher

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:51 pm

Kings is arguably the best buff in the game. I wouldn't give it up unless you're absolutely sure there's another Paladin to give it. In the situation you stated, I'd keep it.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:20 pm

2/5 reck is sufficient if you don't do a lot of solo farming. I run with 1/5, and it's still up a heck of a lot.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Tyaera » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:14 pm

Personally I dropped imp Judgement, Spell Warding, and Kings, in favour of 3/3 Pursuit of Justice and 2/5 Reckoning, and I love the uptime on Reckonin, and the huge speed boost of PoJ.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby sbeacher » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:15 am

I dropped PoJ a while ago. I do miss the speed, mostly because I play on a pvp server. That time I dropped it to max out 1 handed spec.

I did drop imp judgement and kings to get 3/5 reckoning. We did hyjal tonight and I couldn't really tell how much of the time it was up cause there's always a million different things going on. Plus I seriously have like 20 debuffs on me at any one time it seems like. We did 1 shot each of the 4 bosses in hyjal (a first) and it took just under 2 hours to do so.

Here's the log:

http://wowwebstats.com/slvylo4xqzgui

I think I had around 850 spelldamage during the trash. (I tank infernals and the doom dudes, just do lol dps and keep wisdom up on rage and do the same thing on kaz in some of my mp5 healing gear until I run out of mana at which point I run off away from people and try to keep from dying during the fight)

But anyhow, so far I have not missed not having imp. judgement. We'll see about kings.
sbeacher

Postby Elsie » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:36 am

Is there a 4/5 reckoning and 1/2 imp. Judgement option?

Kings is the best 1 talent point in the game if you're the only paladin with it.
Kings is the worst 1 talent point in the game if another paladin has it.

...okay so aura mastery might be worse till two other paladins have it.

Reckoning is really kind of worthless unless you're the MT in hyjal (or much of BT). A lot of the time on trash you're not even swinging much less single target tanking. The adds on bosses rarely do anything signifcant enough and the azgalor ones aren't even dps'd.
Elsie

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:50 am

Double Post.
Last edited by Barathorn on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:53 am

Elsie wrote:.

Reckoning is really kind of worthless unless you're the MT in hyjal (or much of BT)

Reckoning is good for tanks that arent going to progress past T5 level purely due to the amount of DPS in S3 and T6 badge gear surely?

Barathorn.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Elsie » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:51 pm

Reckoning is good for tanks that arent going to progress past T5 level purely due to the amount of DPS in S3 and T6 badge gear surely?

Actually with the badge gear out right now, reckoning in pre-sunwell is still a minor upgrade in tps. You wouldn't really need that minor tps upgrade unless your target is being dps'd first and without any wait time. In an aoe situation you'll never have to have high single-target threat.

I'm not really trying to say don't spec reckoning, heck I have 4/5. I'm just saying survivability is probably best if you're never in front the Big Baddie. Progressing through BT most (or many) tankadins didn't even use reckoning, prefering more imp judgement and spell warding, because they didn't need it.
Elsie

Return to Basic Training & Talents