Healer converting to prot/healer help needed

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Healer converting to prot/healer help needed

Postby Biyar » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:03 pm

New to the forum and tanking, been a healer since I dinged 68 about a year ago.

The small new guild I'm in (only 2 70s) has a real shortage of both healers and tanks and are just now attempting OL 5 mans.

Ive been looking thru the forums (overwhelmed a bit) and dont see much talk about a spec for someone that wants to attempt to fulfill either role as needed.

We will be starting with Ramps and working our way up as the guild gains more experience.

Ive tanked as I'm now speced but lose agro quite a bit.

What would be a good spec to enable me to either heal or tank the early OL instances?

Also, where should I start adjusting my gear? I have about 50 badges saved up, guess i should get the Libram of Repentence first?

Anyhelp would be appreciated.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Biyar
Biyar

Postby Kelaan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:13 pm

This probably should go in the gear advice sticky in the Gear forum, but ...

The Badge libram is for getting uncrushable. If you're tanking instances and heroics, you don't need it. (It's not BAD, but you will get more bang by getting either the 2.3 chest (75 boj) + Timewarden's leggings, or the 2.4 legs (100 boj) + Some Tanking Chest (e.g., the aldor rep chest, or the one from Mechanar). I'd suggest the badge chest + Timewarden's combo, if you're just starting out and have gadges to spare. You're only 25 badges away,which means 1-2 more karazhans, or 5-6 more heroics, and you will be set.

Getting Timewarden's also means that you'll have the revered rep needed for a good starter spelldamage weapon (if you didn't get the BOE sword or Kaelthas' cudgel), as well as the Very Awesome tanking helm enchant.

edit: specs. I can't see your armory, but look in the Talents forum. There's a nice sticky that lists several very good ones to choose from, and explanations of why they're good. With 200-300 spelldamage, you should have NO aggro issues if you're using skills right, unless your DPS friends are not watching threat. ;)

edit2: Get SSO exalted for two VERY good shields.
Last edited by Kelaan on Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kelaan

Postby Tandors » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:13 pm

Aww the armory is down it seems. Well since you are talking about lower level outland stuff and not heroics you could try a modified version of the Baelor Special. It has some of the main healing stuff and most of the main tank stuff. It skips ardent defender because I assume you wont be close to dieing much in stuff that you outlevel. Of course you will still a decent heal and tank set to make this work.

I wouldn't try to heal any hard heroics or raids as this spec though but I don't see any reason why you can't tank heroics and raids like this.
Tandors

Return to Basic Training & Talents