Remove Advertisements

Always 1% crushable, 1% crittable? The hell?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby Sputterduck » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:01 pm

Chiv wrote:There are 3 or 4 mobs in th game with a higher crit chance than the defense sfot cap of 490, but these don't hit hard anyway.

What mobs are these?

My warrior friend with 500+ defense says he was crit in SSC, and we're trying to figure out if he was somehow debuffed before the crit, or maybe he accidently pressed the sitdown key during the fight, or maybe like you say, the mob he was fighting has a higher than normal crit chance?
"experience is what you get when you don't get what you want"
Sputterduck

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:17 pm

The female demons in Shadow Labyrint and the Illidari Assassin in BT are the only ones i know.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tandors » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:42 pm

I remember reading in a few places that even with 490+ defense there is still a very minor chance to get critted. Something like 1 in a few hundred thousand times. It has happened to me before in Kara off one of the ghosts go to curator and Nightbane. If I find the source of where I found this then I will update this post.
Tandors

Postby Annabelle » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:27 pm

Cohach wrote:
Chiv wrote:There are 3 or 4 mobs in th game with a higher crit chance than the defense sfot cap of 490, but these don't hit hard anyway.

What mobs are these?

My warrior friend with 500+ defense says he was crit in SSC, and we're trying to figure out if he was somehow debuffed before the crit, or maybe he accidently pressed the sitdown key during the fight, or maybe like you say, the mob he was fighting has a higher than normal crit chance?

according to wws I have been crit a few times but the crits were 500-1k and only 3 or 4 in a night. Pretty sure it was in ssc, maybe it was the little snake guys that come out after getting infected by the bog lords since I consecrate to pick them all up and kill them.
Keep your friends close and your curly fries even closer.
Annabelle

Postby arilink » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:31 am

Alright that detail about dodge was good news.

For that critable discussion:
The Malicious Instructors in Slab have a debuff.
"Vulnerable to Melee Attacks" 5 stacks, each hit cosumes one.
When the charges reach 0 you'll inflict damage on yourself, considering your own crit chance.
arilink

Postby Nicki » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:36 pm

MCd feral druid
MCd ret paladin (JoCrus)
Reflected imp JoCrus (wierd prot spec)
RoS p1!!
Edit: Some trash in kara has I think it was aoe packs not sure really...
weren't mentioned :p

that said MOST of the time you will be uncrittable as it is only RARE that mobs CAN crit. 5.6% less crit chance will make you Uncrittable practically all of the time.

Your friend is doing himself a huge disservice...infact its like poking a pin that has poison through your body...err sorry about that..
To face death and glory with an equal smile
Nicki

Postby Khayne » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:48 am

I´d include that "1 in 100000000 chance to be critted, omg!" into "you accidentally hit your sit key", or one of those other special cases nicki summed up, and none of the bosses do those special cases. Also, if you get unexpected crush while uncrushable with holy shield, check your lag. Same duration and cooldown sucks :( , and you might when moving under lag get hit from "behind" (remember that you got an 180 degrees arc that´s "behind").

P.S. sbeacher, love your character name :D
Khayne

Postby Seloei » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:11 am

The only 2 i know of are the same as listed before, slabs instructor debuff if your HS is out and the Assasins before council in BT.

Being critable and crushable as a raid tank is just playing with fire and prone to wipes. If he even gets on crit when the boss did some other random big d amage ability he will go down.

the "1% to get crushed" is what people call latency, and with real bad luck the mob can swing just between the 0.2-0.8s it takes for the server to register a new holy shield. (Also user related "oops i forgot and now it's on gcd" issues).

The person is just misinformed and should read a site about it.
Seloei

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents