MotW + BoK = ?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

MotW + BoK = ?

Postby Baelor » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:52 am

How much avoidance/contribution toward uncrushable does the combination of Mark of the Wild and Blessing of Kings give together? I'm trying to optimize my tanking set and gear for being just barely uncrushable while buffed (in order to stack more stam).
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Re: MotW + BoK = ?

Postby ulushnar » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:55 am

Baelor wrote:How much avoidance/contribution toward uncrushable does the combination of Mark of the Wild and Blessing of Kings give together? I'm trying to optimize my tanking set and gear for being just barely uncrushable while buffed (in order to stack more stam).

That depends on three things:

What's your unbuffed Agility, are you using any other Agility buffs and does the druid have Improved MotW?

MotW and BoK reduce your crushability by boosting your agility and therefore your dodge. Since it's a 10% increase from BoK, we need to know what your starting Agi is.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Alixander » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:55 am

Unfortunately that's not a static answer question, due to how BoKs works, but you can do the math in your head and figure that each point of agility = 0.04% dodge.
Alixander

Postby Lore » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:59 am

Well we can at least figure what MOTW itself would be worth with Kings up, imp MOTW is 19 all stats, +10% = 21 all stats, so 0.84% dodge from MOTW if you have kings up.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Baelor » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:19 am

Unless I'm completely screwing up with math as I haven't been in a real math class in 5 years, MotW + BoK would give a static contribution, even though BoK amplifies the affect of agility multiplicatively.

As long as you consider the agility from MotW and multiply it by 10%, add that into your unbuffed agility total (also multiplied by 10%), you'll get an accurate number... right?

And thank you Lore, much appreciated.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Alixander » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:32 am

Baelor wrote:Unless I'm completely screwing up with math as I haven't been in a real math class in 5 years, MotW + BoK would give a static contribution, even though BoK amplifies the affect of agility multiplicatively.

As long as you consider the agility from MotW and multiply it by 10%, add that into your unbuffed agility total (also multiplied by 10%), you'll get an accurate number... right?

And thank you Lore, much appreciated.
I believe BoK also gives a bonus based upon your equipped AGI. While most generic or paladin tanking gear doesn't have any AGI, you might be using some warrior piece, and I know for a fact the leg enchant with +30 STA has +10 AGI, which would give you another point to consider. I can't look up your stats or your gear right now since I'm behind my firewall at work. Thus why I can't give you a more decisive answer.
Alixander

Postby Lore » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:35 am

I believe he was only asking for the bonus that MOTW itself gives, with kings up. Not the bonus that Kings gives.
Lore
Global Mod

Return to Basic Training & Talents