Remove Advertisements

0/46/14 + 1

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

0/46/14 + 1

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu May 29, 2008 9:47 am

I'm tweaking my spec atm and I want to try tanking without shield specialization.
So far i've come up with 0/46/14+1
Improved judgment for me didn't really work at 8 seconds, so filling up doesn't really help.
Ideas?[/url]
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15538
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Re: 0/46/14 + 1

Postby Morpheren » Thu May 29, 2008 9:58 am

Snake-Aes wrote:I'm tweaking my spec atm and I want to try tanking without shield specialization.
So far i've come up with 0/46/14+1
Improved judgment for me didn't really work at 8 seconds, so filling up doesn't really help.
Ideas?


any chance you can link this on the official wow talent sheet? at work and can't see it.

but IMO Shield Spec > Imp Devo
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Image
User avatar
Morpheren
 
Posts: 939
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: 0/46/14 + 1

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu May 29, 2008 10:17 am

Morpheren wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:I'm tweaking my spec atm and I want to try tanking without shield specialization.
So far i've come up with 0/46/14+1
Improved judgment for me didn't really work at 8 seconds, so filling up doesn't really help.
Ideas?


any chance you can link this on the official wow talent sheet? at work and can't see it.

but IMO Shield Spec > Imp Devo
Who said I took imp devo =P
Official Site's link
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15538
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby Fridmarr » Thu May 29, 2008 10:50 am

Well, if you aren't grabbing shield spec, I'd recommend Imp Devo. Redoubt will be useless unless you are AoE tanking, and AoE tanking doesn't require much mitigation anyhow.

So it looks to me like you are just trading Shield Spec for PoJ?
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9666
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu May 29, 2008 10:57 am

My current spec is 0/47/14, without spell warding and with 1/2 judg and 3/3 PoJ. Given I don't really give a damn at my block value, i'm thinking of getting something for spells(warding) or threat(reckoning). To be frank both are relatievly minor...but as is shield spec >.>
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15538
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby farmerjohn » Thu May 29, 2008 11:46 am

You know you want that last point in Divine Strength ;)

I ran with 2/5 reck and on aoe pulls in Hyjal, it worked out damn well.
Image
I'll need an unlimited supply of Xena tapes and Hotpockets
farmerjohn
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Casper, WY

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu May 29, 2008 12:43 pm

I'll try reckoning =D It's just as valuable as shield spec is on either aoe or boss anyway >.>
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15538
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby Morpheren » Thu May 29, 2008 1:13 pm

I dont get why people want reckoning for AoE situations. Sure its good for JoL/SoL procs while AoE farming, but in Hyjal I dont see the benefit. I usualy run 0/47/14 dropping spell warding and 1 imp judge (like posted earlier) for PoJ.
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Image
User avatar
Morpheren
 
Posts: 939
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Postby moduspwnens » Thu May 29, 2008 3:56 pm

Morpheren wrote:I dont get why people want reckoning for AoE situations. Sure its good for JoL/SoL procs while AoE farming, but in Hyjal I dont see the benefit. I usualy run 0/47/14 dropping spell warding and 1 imp judge (like posted earlier) for PoJ.


It's cause my SCT says Extra Attack! Extra Attack! Extra Attack!
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby Dorvan » Thu May 29, 2008 4:21 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:My current spec is 0/47/14, without spell warding and with 1/2 judg and 3/3 PoJ. Given I don't really give a damn at my block value, i'm thinking of getting something for spells(warding) or threat(reckoning). To be frank both are relatievly minor...but as is shield spec >.>


Why not? BV is very consistent, stable damage reduction.
Image

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
User avatar
Dorvan
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8462
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:28 pm

Postby Elsie » Fri May 30, 2008 8:07 am

I dont get why people want reckoning for AoE situations. Sure its good for JoL/SoL procs while AoE farming, but in Hyjal I dont see the benefit. I usualy run 0/47/14 dropping spell warding and 1 imp judge (like posted earlier) for PoJ.

Well, in hyjal it keeps you from going oom, and on trash it give you some free threat on the primary target.

I spec reckoning to get more single target threat.
User avatar
Elsie
 
Posts: 3819
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:12 pm

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri May 30, 2008 11:22 am

Dorvan wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:My current spec is 0/47/14, without spell warding and with 1/2 judg and 3/3 PoJ. Given I don't really give a damn at my block value, i'm thinking of getting something for spells(warding) or threat(reckoning). To be frank both are relatievly minor...but as is shield spec >.>


Why not? BV is very consistent, stable damage reduction.
When you have a decent amount of it. My current gearing gives me almost as much block value as my pre kara gear had.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15538
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby Ubung » Fri May 30, 2008 3:09 pm

Ive been thinking about doing something similar. Im currently using the cookie cutter spec with Imp SotC. I want to keep SotC as I never run with a ret pally even in 25 mans.

This is what I came up with so far:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... lents.html

I was thinking of dropping 1 point in something to finish PoJ off but im not sure what to drop. My initial thought was Ardent Defender but id like to hear what people think.

The only thing I think I would miss would be imp judgement. I think I can deal with the threat loss as Im gonna put 2% threat on gloves instead of 10 Sta. Healers say I dont take much damage at the moment.

I think shield spec is one of the easier talents to lose.
nerf scissors, buff paper, rock is fine!

Image
User avatar
Ubung
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:45 am
Location: Sheffield, UK


Return to Basic Training & Talents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
?php } else { ?