Quick Question about crits

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby Jellypop » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:29 pm

i think the thing we're talking about here

is that

what if you had 0 defense, 80% dodge, 20% parry and 0% block

with 5% base chance to miss.

that's 105% avodiance, would you push off critc, hit, and crush off the attack table?

math says so.

but WHY WOULD ONE DO IT?
Jellypop

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:33 am

Jellypop wrote:i think the thing we're talking about here

is that

what if you had 0 defense, 80% dodge, 20% parry and 0% block

with 5% base chance to miss.

that's 105% avodiance, would you push off critc, hit, and crush off the attack table?

math says so.

but WHY WOULD ONE DO IT?
No one said that was the way :p it's just used to prove that uncritability is achievable through any avoidance/block rating, not by a conversion made by defense.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Lookit » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:50 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Lookit wrote:Which would you rather have, an extra 1k health or a 0.12% chance to be crit when HS is not up? Depending on the content, I'd almost always choose the 1k health.

Obviously, the best thing to do is to get 490 defense. No question about it, that's Tankadin 101. But the discussion here is "Due to an odd situation, I find myself at 487 defense with no easy way to hit 490 without swapping in a much worse peice of armor. Should I lose out on a bunch of other stats to get to 490 even though I'm uncrushable?"
I'll mention here one of the common benchmark bosses. Teron Gorefiend. His crit beats about 19k damage. Wanna try?

Heh, that's why I said "depending on content". For Kara or Hyjal trash, take the 1k health, no doubt. For someone who hits like Gorefiend, I'd probably find a way to hit 490+. Pretty moot point, of course, since anyone in a position to MT Gorefiend should have plenty of loot to juggle for different situations.
Lookit

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents