Which talents need consolidating in WotLK?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Which talents need consolidating in WotLK?

Postby fudomyou » Thu May 22, 2008 1:33 pm

Just in the interests of looking ahead, I'm curious as to what talents you guys think could be rolled into each other or made base talents in WotLK without being broken - I mean, making Anticipation a 1-point talent would be great and all, but it'd also be broken in half, so I'm trying to be reasonable.

The main pieces of bloat I see in the Prot tree are the Holy Shield tree and the near-wasted tier 1 talents, which account for 9 points of the 49 "cookie cutter" tank builds. Rolling Imp. Holy Shield into Holy Shield seems to make sense, but even doing that and cutting out Blessing of Sanctuary only saves three points in an investment-heavy tree.

So doing those changes only frees up 3 points, what else would you like to see to consolidate the prot talents and add more than 3 points of flexibility to builds?
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Morpheren » Thu May 22, 2008 1:35 pm

swap redoubt and shield specilization
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu May 22, 2008 1:45 pm

Combine Holy Shield and Imp Holy Shield.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Rykis » Thu May 22, 2008 2:22 pm

There are definitely places where improvements could be made. I can give some hypothetical ideas, but I think the tree is gonna change so drastically that it won't matter.
Rykis

Postby Robbert » Thu May 22, 2008 3:41 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:Combine Holy Shield and Imp Holy Shield.

Hell...make Holy Shield a class ability with maybe 2 charges and slide Imp Holy Shield in it's place and leave it at 8 charges fully improved. DPS warriors can get uncrush with no points in their prot tree already...why not let holy and/or ret paladins do the same?
Robbert

Postby Aloette » Thu May 22, 2008 4:07 pm

1. Combine HS/Improved HS.
2. BoSanc --> Class ability. 2 talented blessings in 1 tree is retarded.
3. Improved RF --> 2 point talent. Same bonuses.
4. Redoubt --> 3 points, same bonuses. (10/20/30).

That pushes out 6 new points. There's not much else that I can think of without simply going overboard, or revamping the tree entirely.

The problem that I have with this is, even with 6 extra talent points, there's not a lot you can get for them in return. The only thing freeing up talent points will do is allow people to give up less in order to get sanctity, or pick up a few extra holy/prot talents for a off-tank/off-healer hybrid.

Is that the solution? Will that solve any 'problems'?
Aloette

Postby Worldie » Thu May 22, 2008 4:47 pm

Not leapfroggable AD pls.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Levantine » Thu May 22, 2008 11:16 pm

Worldie wrote:Not leapfroggable AD pls.
Levantine

Postby Spacemagic » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:52 pm

How about deflection moved to tier 1 talent in ret. tree?? that would save 5 points right there, btw this is my 1st post, and this site has been so helpful to me in becoming a competant tankadin.
Spacemagic

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:16 pm

It would help, altho many paladins still get 10 points in retri anyway to grab PoJ.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Extremity » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:21 pm

ardent defender:

when you go below 35% health all incoming damage is reduced by 50% for 5 seconds (even if you pop up above 35%)

internal 30 second cooldown
Extremity

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:06 pm

Super AD buff: Instead of damages taken whie on low hp, make it reduce any damage that takes you under 35%, just like the commendation(say you were at 16k and got gibbed 13k down into 3k. YAY AD popped and the 13k became 8500!)
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:59 am

Actually a nice thing would be make AD something like Cheat Death for rogue, preventing the death and reducing incoming damage for ~5 seconds by some amount with a internal CD of 30 seconds.

That would be >>>>>>>>> Shield Wall

Worldie
Global Mod

Return to Basic Training & Talents